Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Independent Lens: Between the Folds
Format: DVD|Change

on November 15, 2016
Fascinating. I found this on a subscription site for free first time I watched it but it has since been taken offline. Seen it 3 or 4 times now and it never fails to amaze me how obsessed people can get with this art. Amazingly, they have learned the craft to the point that they can see a folding pattern in their head when they look at an animal, or person... and make it. Similar to how I can read a recipe and know what it will taste like... result of hours and hours of practice.
on August 11, 2016
My son LOVES origami and this documentary was an incredible look at the artists behind all the origami is adores. Michael LaFosse is one of my sons heroes, so being able to watch him in action was mind blowing. Really a great GREAT watch! Incredible and mesmerizing artists!
on October 15, 2012
Who knew that origami was a scientific art?
I first saw parts of this video at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo, L.A., CA. Then I saw it on PBS. The video is a piece of art. It shows how scientific applications (The airbags in your car uses origami) can double your enjoyment and fascination of origami. I encourage all to go to see the exhibit at the JANMuseum, the exhibit has mainly artistic applications.
Latch on to this video as a souvenir, even if you don't go to see the exhibit.
on January 8, 2018
good Christmas present
on February 18, 2018
Wonderful!
on February 24, 2013
this is a wonderful film. I am a scientist in background but also am a hobbyist at poetry, music and photography. So this blending of science, art and math are fascinating to me, but everyone in the film is so passionate and involved in their part of the continuing growth of paperfolding that this comes off as just a terrific story too. I watched with my wife who is neither a scientist or artist specifically, and my 8-year old and we all really enjoyed it when we saw it on PBS so I bought it for my son last Christmas. We have watched it a couple times since and it is still terrific.
on August 26, 2011
"Between the Folds" is absolutely beautiful. The people featured here are beautiful. The ideas are beautiful. The artwork is beautiful. This documentary and its subject matter point way beyond themselves, and speak of an intangible beauty infused with mind-blowing, creative order that speaks of the universe itself, as well as many subsystems within the universe (i.e. biology, mathematics, etc.).

"Between the Folds" has put thoughts in my head that are affecting the way that I understand life, the universe, and all that those two things encompass. Amazing is not a strong enough word for this film and the people and ideas it contains, and cannot contain.
on February 10, 2010
A wonderful way to view the art and science of origami. To watch and listen to both the creative and scientific discussions around the idea of a "fold" was delightful. Whether watching the medium being transformed, to illustrate complex mathematics, showcases real-world applications in space and the potential for designing drugs that intelligently attack disease while protecting the host is both mind-bending and entertaining. Dirk Spencer, Creator of Resume Psychology, Corporate Recruiter.
on January 3, 2018
One of the best videos I have watched on Amazon so far. I will watch over again and again.
on February 21, 2015
If you like origami - and I do - this is a great film - it covers origami lovers from around the world - artists to scientists - I bought it to show my students in my crafts class. Great for making connections between art and science - as well as how different artists use origami in their work. Highly recommend.