Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The India-Pakistan Air War of 1965 Hardcover – May, 2005
Customers who bought this item also bought
"This account of the Air Combat... is undoubtedly the most comprehensive to date,....This is an important contribution to the litterature of post-second world war air combat"
-Aeroplane Monthly, Aug 2006 "Book of the Month"
Most of the books written... deal with India-Pakistan ground war. The volume under review is the only one of its kind and opens up a new dimension in military history-writing. --The Telegraph , Sept 23, 2005 Kaushik Roy
This monumental book has come like a gust of fresh air....The authors have created an appropriate example of hard work and sincerity.. --Vayu Aerospace & Defence Review, V/2005 : Gp Capt J C Malik
This is an unusually well-done book on a subject that has been almost completely overlooked...This book is highly recommended, especially for the aviation history collector who thought he had everything. --Aviation History, Mar 2006 by Col W J Boyne
An excellent attempt by two academics makes this book unique, especially when seen in the context of the pathetic official history written by a huge team under the Indian Ministry of Defence --The Book Review India, June 2006 - Air Cmde Jasjit Singh
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The book has been written in a very beautifully organized manner.
-great infomation on the IAF fighters that took part in the 1965 war and their comparision with the PAF fighters of the same era. detailed information about Sqdn deployment, their strength and their Sqdn and station commanders.
-detailed information with personal accounts from pilots that took part in the missions.loved reading about A T Cooke's Sabre kill, Sargodha Raids by Mysteres, W/C Wilson's Badin Raid - details such such as weapons load on each of the Canberra has been mentioned and its wonderful and many more such detailed missions.
- day by day chronology of missions and their results.
- good quality pictures and gun cam pics.the binding of the book is good too..
-the last page appendices of IAF Kills, Losses and Gallantry Award Winner.
- what i appreciate the most about the authors is their transparency.they have mentioned their sources for their findings and given credit to the persons who deserve it.
what i would have liked to seen:
- while the size of the pictures are small(and i wish that they were big), i think they blend nicely with the font size of the text.larger pics,i think, would have looked a bit odd.
- the maps of eastern front and western front(with airbases,cities and targets) should have been there along withe the chapters
-i would love to have seen a mention of the Myth regarding M M Alam's Kills - just to set the records straight.
Most recent customer reviews
The best part about the book is that it makes easy reading.Read more
- Very well written.Read more