Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by All is Bright STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 26, 2017
Great movies. The cardboard packaging is the worst however. I had to tape the broken cardboard case together to keep the discs from falling out.

The audio and video is good too unlike many blu ray movies sold here that are not better than a dvd.
on February 11, 2016
My favorite movie of all time is Raiders of The Lost Ark and what a movie it is. This package has all 4 films including Kingdom of
The Crystal Skull. Each movie is great and is worth every penny. The picture as you know for blu-ray is crystal clear and the sound is superb. I have no complaints.
on July 2, 2013
Most everyone reading this will be familiar with the movies already. Personally I think the first three are great, and the fourth mediocre. I do not hate Crystal Skull like others. Certainly do not hate it enough to be insulted that it is included in this set like some others are. Yes, I think parts of it were stupid. Not even the alien part because lets face it all the movies have an element of supernatural to them (melting faces, instant mummification etc) but the things that bothered me were surviving a nuclear blast in a lead lined fridge, surviving said fridge being thrown for miles, swinging through the jungle to cover miles in a couple minutes and so on. At least in the first three films the non-supernatural aspects were plausible, none of the "real life" things in crystal skull came off as even remotely believable. There were some comedic moments and references to the old films though that if you do watch it are worth a chuckle. I agree that it did not need to be made, and had all the hallmarks of Lucas trying to be too clever with the story, but they made 4 movies, and of course it was going to be included in this set.

The audio and video quality of the restorations of the other movies are very good. Given when they were filmed (especially Raiders and Temple of Doom), there is only so much that could be done to get the video quality up for the blu ray transfer. There are still some blurry and grainy portions of the older films, but I think they have looked the best they ever have on video or DVD. Of course crystal skull has the best AV quality, but also has the most amount of special effects and green screen sequences.

The bonus disc is full of great behind the scenes and bonus material. There is a new on set with Raiders of The Lost Ark feature, then the same features that were included in the DVD set put out years ago with the original three movies. Personally I think it was worth it to upgrade from that version to the Blu Rays. If you absolutely hate the fourth movie and want nothing to do with it, and are fine with having the original three, then you probably want to either wait until the discs are available in blu ray, or just stick with the original DVD set.
on February 21, 2016
This is a beautiful Indiana Jones collection.
on July 27, 2016
We have been buying movies from when my husband and I were kids and introducing them to our kids! The quality is great and there are many other review that seems bad so I was not sure at first. I was pleasantly surprised that it was working well with no technical issues at all and the sound quality is also great! We have been enjoying them as a family for weeks now ! I recommend this!
on March 10, 2017
Who doesn't love Indian Jones? I wanted to own the whole series without taking up too much space on the shelf. This box set was a nice addition to our DVD collection!
on December 5, 2013
This is an awesome collection.

The first two special features on Raiders of the Lost Ark are "new" in the sense that they were never featured in DVD copies of the movies in the past and are like video blog documentaries on the making of the movie.

To appreciate the films fully, make sure to turn off your flat screen tv's setting of noise reduction since it creates pixels on the natural grain which can be very distracting; otherwise, you might mistakenly think that your blu-ray discs are defective. The grain was purposely left in the digital restoration of the films. Also, do not make any other adjustments to your screen's viewing mode. Keep it at the standard mode because a dynamic setting mode which combines high brightness and contrast robs the film of its authentic look.
on June 7, 2014
I appreciate these movies even more now, as back in the 80s, when they were first released, (the first 3 of course). It takes me back to my high school days, as well as college. I even like 'Crystal Skulls', which is not as bad as some make it out to be, though not as good as the first three. 'Raiders' looks a little grainy, about the same as the dvd version, but overall this series looks great on blu-ray I think it is a better series than 'Star Wars' in which Harrison Ford also stars, but I know I am in the minority on that. I highly recommend this set to everyone of all ages! (Yes, even 'Crystal Skulls' for you naysayers.) On a side note, I had to return the first set I ordered because the audio got distorted on 'Raiders' at an hour and a half through the movie. I ordered a replacement set and the discs play perfectly. Thank you to Amazon, as I can always count on your excellent customer service!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Bought this set for my daughter, who requested it. I really like the first one the best... as with movies, but you've got to have all of them to make the set. They are all exciting and fast paced. I would think anyone over say 10 or so would be ok with it... but that's just a personal opinion. There are some adult themes and a little language. In my view a lot less than most movies today.
on July 3, 2014
No problems with the content, packaging, or quality.
As for the movies, I've never seen them before, but they are like "The Princess Bride"--as in, if you've watched it as a child then you will always love it. However, as an adult the movies were mildly entertaining if not entertainingly bad. The good parts = "Wow, they ripped this off of Star Wars." As much as people have dismissed "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" as the worst, I actually enjoyed it the most...maybe because of the aliens. (Though, the shape and artwork almost seemed to rip off the work of H. R. Giger for "Alien" and "Prometheus".)