Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: One Size|Color: Multi|Change

Showing 1-10 of 215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 235 reviews
on August 2, 2009
I bought 2 of these hats for my 2 boys on April 23rd, 2009. As I write this on August 3rd, 2009 **Update: 4/1/10**, I **still** think these hats are incredible.

My 8 year old wore this hat literally EVERY DAY between April 23rd and today 8/3/09. That is over 3 Months of abuse, and the hat still looks great. ***Update 10/25/09: It's now October, and it is still holding up to daily abuse even after 7 months.
***Update 04/01/10: He's still wearing it, and it still looks decent. Starting to get a little floppy on the brim, but it's been abused daily for almost a year!
***Update 08/17/10: He's still wearing it. Still loves it. He still gets compliments on it.

He always gets compliments on his hat when we go out, and it has been great built-in sun protection this summer.

Yes, he even wears it to school, and his friends think it is cool, too.

It is real felt. It is a very respectable thickness of felt material, although it is a bit thinner than an old Brooks Brothers felt fedora that I had laying around (of course the Brooks Brothers one cost 6+ times more!).

It is still a nice shade of brown even after all that sun exposure, and after being dropped in the lake, worn at the beach, worn in the rain, etc, etc. I would say that there has been some color fading, but it is even, and you only notice it if you compare the inside of the hat to the outside. The only other thing to mention is that the ribbon is only glued on, and it rapidly becomes unglued, and could come off the hat and get lost, but the hat is felt so it stays on well with friction, and my son never lost his.

He puts it on when he wakes up, and only takes it off in class at school, or right before he hops into bed. He even puts it on after bath so he can wear it while brushing his teeth. I think he would wear it to bed if he could, he loves it so much.

It's a perfect fit for my 8 yr old; slightly large for my 4yr old, but still fits well enough.

These are worth every penny. Don't think twice, just get one.

We also got him these accessories to complete his Indy look:
Side bag - we got the "Olive" colored one: Canvas Map Case Shoulder Bags

Soft whip for indoor play: Hasbro Indiana Jones Sound FX Whip & DVD
although the price looks better here: Indiana Jones Sound Effects FX 3 Feet Long Soft Whip with Bonus 7 Minute Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures DVD

Leather whip for his Halloween costume: Indiana Jones 6' Leather Whip Costume Accessory
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2011
My tyke is currently obsessed with all things Indiana Jones. I purchased the inexpensive hat/whip/satchel set for him and he wears it all the time. I didn't like that the hat was so floppy, so I thought I'd give this one a shot. I was very surprised (and pleased) to find that this hat is almost as good as the official Disneyland/Indiana Jones fedora at 1/4 the cost. It's a heck of a deal, and if he drops it or otherwise abuses it (as kids are wont to do), I won't get upset about it. And isn't rough-and-tumble adventures what this fedora is meant for, anyway?

Two days after I gave it to him, it "flew out" the car window and got run over. Other than a little deformation of the brim, it looks none the worse for the wear. He loves it so much he sleeps in it! Sure, it's a little floppy, but what would you expect from an inexpensive, mass-produced hat? As far as sizing, I stuck some foam tape under the sweatband and it works great (just like on a real fedora), and when he grows into it a little more, I can take the tape out. That's a lot of potential use for not a lot of money.
review image
on July 10, 2015
Felt describes a process of matting material, not what the material actually is.
It is NOT wool, or any animal hair. It is like paper. Like roofing paper, only not as thick (roofing paper is felt, too!). Its a child's toy costume hat, Not an adults quality hat.
I got this for my nephew who loves to wear my Indiana Jones fedoras (one is leather, the other is wool felt). He was so happy to have his own, he did his best to make it fit. He is a 7 year old with a 21" head and the hat would not fit. I'm sorry that I did not get a chance to measure the inside of this hat.
on May 7, 2016
My son may be the worlds biggest (and youngest) Indiana Jones fan there is! Bought this as part of a birthday present last year for him, and I kid you not, we cannot leave the house without it! He even tries to sleep in it!!! I've caught him a few times asleep with it over his face! It's definitely durable and has held up through all of his adventures! But what he loves most about it is "Mom! It looks just like Indiana's!!!" Very pleased mom of a very pleased boy ;)
on September 5, 2013
My 6 year old son loves wearing hats! This is hat defined his image this past year as an adventurer, explorer, & stylish young boy! He wore it with his corduroy blazer to a wedding, cargo shorts while stomping through streams, and even just walking the streets of Philly.

We live in a primarily black area of Philadelphia, and I cannot believe the amount of black people that have complimented my son, or asked us where we bought him this hat! This hat will give your kid some "street cred" if he's a boring white honkie.

The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because of the maintenance. Keep in mind this is made out of felt. As with all felt hats, they should not & cannot get wet. It will also naturally lose some shape from humidity and body heat from being on the head of an active kid. When it did lose shape I used a hand held steamer to reshape & stiffen it up. Put it on your kid's head and slowly & carefully steam it back into shape. Every time I steamed it, my son said it felt like new hat.
on July 18, 2017
Dont know whats up with this hat. Bought one last year and it was a nice flexible material. Bought one this year and it is a cardboard felt material. Doesn't look like what is pictured. In fact look at customer pictures there are two different hats. Good reviews come from those who got the flexible felt material (much the same material used for adult hats) and bad reviews come from those that got the hat in a stiff cardboard halloween costume material.
on October 27, 2015
I bought this same hat 2 yrs ago for my grandson and he LOVED it but had outgrown it. I made sure I was getting the same hat because the first one was great quality but the new one (supposed to be exactly like the first but larger) is not near as nice. It is flimsy and the brim wont shape or hold it's shape. It's made of much thinner felt too! Pretty disappointed in this hat but, since my grandson was having a Indiana Jones birthday party and needed a new hat to complete his outfit, and since the party was just a few days away, we kept it rather than sending it back! Sure wish it had been like the first one because he wore it all the time, really put it through the wringer and it still looks fabulous! :(
on March 10, 2017
It's very nic.e I sent it back. It's very dark in color almost black
on December 17, 2011
I bought this hat for my 4 year old son to replace the hat we bought him 2 years ago. He has worn the last hat (a different modle, as it turns out) just about into dust. This hat, though very well made and perfectly detailed has one problem. The "Child Size" tag is a bit of a misnomer. The hat is much too big. It really is an adult size and fits his Daddy perfectly. But I'll just size it with a felt insert and he'll love it just as much as he has the old one.
VINE VOICEon December 27, 2010
A thrill runs up your spine as soon as you open the box and see these Indiana Jones hats. And once a child puts it on you can almost hear the theme music...Da da dud da...duh duh da...Da da dud da...duh duh da da dud!

We saw similar costume hats for sale before Halloween for eight-to-ten times as much as the $4.99 we paid at Amazon. The costume hat is made of durable brown felt, accompanied with a thin band adorned with a metal decoration stamped with the words "Indiana Jones."

The one-size-fits-all hat suited our two sons (ages 8 and 6) but it might be a bit loose for younger kids. We considered buying either this Indiana Jones Satchel or this Indiana Jones Satchel but decided against it after reading other customer reviews regarding the poor quality of each. Our sons will wear their hats (and, someday their satchels when we find a better-quality version) more often when we go geocaching than for costume parties.

In summary, this is an excellent costume hat and an excellent value, much better than the foam version included in many of the Indiana Jones costume kits. Don't abuse this hat and it should reap many hours of great costume play for your young child.

Rating: Five stars.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.