Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Indicud [Explicit]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 21, 2013
Kid Cudi continues to evolve but Indicud is by far the least appealing of all his albums. The best thing about KId Cudi is that he is different!! There is no greater compliment for an artist but I feel Wzrd and this is too sporadic. There is no continuity flow.
on February 25, 2016
My son LOVES KID CUDI, Met him in LA a few years ago, got an autograph hat and poster. He also hugged him. He had to have the CD's to listen to in my car......TEENAGERS TAKE OVER EVERYTHING>>>>LOL.....
on April 29, 2013
At this point I've come to realize that Cudi's cult following will have his back and love everything he puts out, so this review isn't directed towards those people, but to the rest of us.

Aside from a few tracks, he hasn't impressed me at all since his debut mixtape in 2008. The talent and potential seems there, but he hasn't proved that to me yet. The singles from Indicud were okay, I liked Just What I Am and Immortal, but after I heard them 4 or 5 times each, the thrill was gone. When the album came out and I heard it in it's entirety, it took me more than one try to get all the way through it. The messy synth-heavy production sounded like a kid in his basement trying to re-create the sounds Kanye used on his 2007 album Graduation. Cudi's singing is also an absolute mess. Does he not have anyone in his circle to tell him "hey man.. this doesn't really sound too good." Another thing I caught was the complete lack of concepts or cohesion. It was hard for me to stay interested throughout the album, a problem I had on his first 2 albums (not counting WZRD.. had no interest in that).

There are a few tracks here that I did enjoy. Solo Dolo pt. 2 with Kendrick, Brothers with King Chip & A$AP Rocky, and my favorite track, Beez. Overall it was one of my least favorite albums I've heard so far in 2013. What I took away from this album- I don't think he has the potential anymore to be the star I once thought he could be. Instead, he's just another alternative hip-hop artist who has to appeal to his core audience to have any success. Nothing against him, but this stuff just isn't for me.
on September 2, 2013
Kid Cudi is back at it as the man on the moon. He speaks from the heart and talks about things that bother him, and a few weed songs in there too, but still.. he's one I like to show people that "don't listen to rap"
on April 16, 2013
I must say that I am a huge Kid Cudi fan.

This album shows an evolution of an artist, from humble beginnings to the peak of his creative potential. Every song on this album not only was written by Cudi, every song was also produced by him as well. Allowing the purest vision of what he is trying to communicate to the listener. Honestly I have seen very few Hip-Hop artists, besides probably Kanye West or Lupe Fiasco, transcend their genre and begin to create outside of what is expected of him. All this and more is accomplished in this album and it simply works. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a sound that is fresh and different.
on April 19, 2013
Alright like most of you this is not what I expected! I thought that the WZRD project was Cudi's experimental album. So I was expecting more of a man on the moon pt III. However this is nothing compared to past two albums. I really enjoy this album, Cudi is separating himself from what is typcial hip and becoming more of an alternative hip hop artist in this album. One of the coolest things is that Cudi produced the album himself! I am sad to see him leave good family, I was looking forward to more Kanye, big sean collabos but all is well. I suggest listen to the album with an open mind, and don't compare it to any of the man on the moon albums. I had to listen to the album three times to find a few songs I enjoyed, and now I am liking a majority of the album. I suggest buying it to add to your Cudi collection.
on May 21, 2013
Huge Cudi fan, loved the album.
Came in a couple days after the album dropped though when it was originally supposed to get to me the day it dropped, but Cudi moved the release date up a week very last minute so I'm assuming that's why.
Anyways, great purchase. Highly recommend.
on April 16, 2013
"Indicud" marks the 3rd studio effort of hip hop artist Kid Cudi (not including his experimental rock project WZRD). Kid Cudi is known mostly for his fusion of psychedelic rock and Hip hop music over the past 5 years. Kid Cudi was known for his works with Kanye West, with his eclectic style of rapping and off-kilter singing that sounds off, yet melodic. At this point, I consider Kid Cudi to really be his own style of genre that no one has been successful of imitating. On a personal note, I take the album title "Indicud" to be open to many interpretations...1) his love for the type of marijuana with the same name, 2) Indie-cud, can be a play on words for his new direction of music where he is creating music entirely on his own by being more of an independent artist and his departure from G.O.O.D. Music. 3) In-The-Cud, meaning listeners are in the Cudi zone, or state of listening to Kid Cudi's music; which ever it is, the album title just works.

I am personally a big fan of Kid Cudi's first album "Man on the Moon: The End of Day" which I think personally is a real work of art filled with great musicality, great content, and overall a great conceptual album. His second album "Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager" was a darker affair, with much moodier production and depressing subject matter. I left that album a little disappointed, but still satisfied with Cudi being more experimental with his music. Now we have "Indicud" which is not part of the Man on the Moon series, but I feel still sticks to the Man on the Moon concept. 18 tracks and being 70 min long, I was expecting Kid Cudi to bring back what made his first album so great. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but this album is still good.

Indicud is Kid Cudi venturing off into his own brand, producing every single song on the album, including the 3 instrumental songs in the beginning, middle and end of the album. Most of the album has Kid Cudi's signature singing, great beats and funny lyrics from Kid Cudi. But I feel like this album lacks the focus that his Man on the Moon album had. The features on this album were high profile names in the Hip Hop world such as legends RZA and Too $hort, to current heavy hitters Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky t even Michael Bolton? But sadly none of the features really added anything other than some mediocre verses. The only person who I thought contributed to the album positively is Cudi's partner in crime King Chip. The songs on this album were good, but nothing outstanding.

Favorite 5:
1) Just What I Am feat. King Chip
2) Red Eye feat. Haim
3) Immortal
4) King Wizard
5) New York City Rage Fest
on February 2, 2015
Cudi is evolving as an artist.... If you are listening to this and expecting the "Man on the Moon" then you will likely be disappointed, but as a whole this album is a good listen. A few instrumental tracks are mixed in with the lyrical ones, and I can live without instrumentals, but they flow well when listening to the album straight through. Highlights of this album are "Just What I Am, King Wizard, Unfuckwittable, Mad Solar, Beez, Burn Baby Burn, and Solo Dolo II.
on June 4, 2013
In his own words, 'why does your stuff sound so different?' - well why not?

This album is definitely 'different' than anything I've heard him or other artists put out, but it's definitely a masterpiece. The album as a whole is well crafted and has several amazing songs that definitely stand above the rest.

If you're a fan of Cudi and want to hear his latest piece of art, pick this album up and give it a few spins. You won't be disappointed.