Indie & Small Press Book Marketing Kindle Edition
|Length: 113 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I really wanted to give the book five stars. I enjoyed the banter of the text, and the simplified formulas for making sense of sales figures, however, the lack of mention of any platform beyond Amazon, LinkedIn, or Goodreads (nothing on LibraryThing, Shelfari, Smashwords, for example) as a venue for marketing was a little disappointing. I was also looking for more tips on how to find industry "influencers", either through directories like "The Indie View", or mentioning other large book sites, such as Shelfari, Book Riot, etc.
In addition, despite the title of the text, the book heavily leans towards self-publishing authors, as the most important tactics for gaining the initial reviews in Phase 2 require interpersonal relationships with friends and family. Book marketing practices for indie presses, as a business, are practically nonexistent, except for targeted marketing on FB or Goodreads (which I imagine has changed quite a bit since 2011). Considering the fact that I bought this as a study tool for an indie press I work for that is just starting out, I found the info lacking on that end.
However, for authors who are looking to promote their own work, this is a great, simple resource that points you in the right direction. I definitely recommend it for authors who are writing either non-fiction, or clear-cut genre fiction.
Being an avid reader of his blog ([...]) for years it has been interesting to watch William go through the whole process of self publishing his two previous fiction books Avogadro Corp: The Singularity Is Closer Than It Appears and A.I. Apocalypse I know that He's learned these lessons the hard way.
If you are an interested in the publishing industry and the changes it's going through you will enjoy this book as it's the roadmap for how millions of self-published authors will make a living.
If you're an author at any level, this would be an interesting read. Having talked to several of my writer friends who have agents and publishers, I know that publishers aren't doing as much as they used to do and more authors are going to have to start being more involved in their marketing.
Lastly, if you are an independent author or publish through a small press or are even thinking about writing a book, you need to read this book.
-Mark LeGrand Messick, author of 4016 A.D. Nuclear Apocalypse
2. While a great approach for publishing one or two large works over an extended time frame, if utilizing this approach "as is", I'm not fully convinced it's the best approach for continuously publishing smaller works. That being said, who's to stop you from picking and choosing and experimenting?
3. Hertling is genuine, and based on the way in which he has engaged me via my blog or social media whenever I discuss his book(s), I know he really does follow the approach outlined in this book. Or he has an AI working for him.
Anne Hendren, [...]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Hertling lays out a program that he follows himself and has done well with.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Industries > Media & Communications
- Books > Business & Money > Skills > Communications
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Media & Communications
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills