From the Inside Flap
Specific areas where readers will develop greater knowledge and awareness include:
- The main representations of indigenous environmental behavior in tropical forests.
- The changing nature of the environmental behavior displayed by indigenous peoples.
- The factors encouraging environmental conservation or natural resource degradation.
- The biological, cultural and socioeconomic dimensions of environmental behavior.
- A framework to organize the different factors shaping environmental behavior.
- How historical processes shape indigenous environmental behavior in significant ways.
- The effect of regional socioeconomic trends on community-based conservation.