Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Indispensable: How To Become The Company That Your Customers Can't Live Without
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 14, 2005
When I saw the raving testimonials on the back cover by executives from Saks Fifth Avenue, Volvo, Tractor Supply, and Quill Corporation, I was dubious. What could be so great about this book? I'm a believer. From understanding how to compete against the "lowest price" provider to unique case studies ranging from a revolutionary bank and W Hotels to a pancake restaurant and selling guru Geoffrey Gitomer (Little Red Book of Selling), Calloway has written a compelling business book that will force you to examine your own business in a way that inspires performance improvement. Those who haven't spent time "in the trenches" of business or management probably won't get it, but for those who have to constantly find ways to improve productivity - this is the book to read this year. You won't find a book with more practical or engaging case studies anywhere.
on June 20, 2005
I read dozens of business books each year, and have more than 40 "customer service / customer focus" books sitting on the shelf next to my desk -- but I would easily put this book in my top 3! Very well written, great ideas, real-life examples -- all delivered in a lively, honest - even fun format. I have read Joe's other book too (How to become a category of one) -- also a book full of super ideas. This book is absolutely worth buying and reading.

I highly recommend "Indispensable" -- I liked it so much I gave copies to all my staff and a few of my top clients!

John Spence --- [...]
on September 27, 2005
Meet Joe Calloway, a consultant on branding and competitive positioning. He's delightfully candid, direct, instructive, and stimulating. As you read this book, you will get to know Calloway as a human and consumer with feelings...that certainly come out in this text. I thoroughly enjoyed page after page of stories of how companies become indispensable...or not. The conversational tone is captivating and motivating.

You'll read about the Five Drivers: create and drive momentum, develop habitual dependability, continuous connection, big picture outcome, and engage, enchant, and enthrall. The chapters illuminate these drivers and deliver even more. I found myself looking at my business relationships much differently-both as a consumer and as a deliverer of goods and services. Between Calloway's lessons, countless examples, and case studies is an intricate fabric of a clear message. Be indispensable or lose to the competition. I won't tell you more details-there's too much to try to convey the depth of this book in a review. Read it.

Expect to be thoroughly engaged by this book, eager to return to it every time you put it down. And, expect to send it to someone who really needs it when you're finished!
on June 11, 2005
Joe Calloway is a brilliant thinker, author and speaker! His thoughts on how to become 1ndispensable are practical, stimulating truths that few take the time to either think through or consistently act on. Joe's writing style is engaging and energizing, inspiring the reader to build on the Five Drivers in our businesses so that we can become the company our customers can't live without.
My mind is racing, considering the multitude of opportunities that when acted upon will create profound results...
I highly recommend this book.
on June 30, 2005
I've read many management books in my time and Indispensable: How To Become The Company That Your Customers Can't Live Without really hits home on creating a great company. A very easy read, with great examples that prove the points he makes.
VINE VOICEon August 11, 2013
With the amount of business books published every year there is the constant pursuit of trying to find something truly original. Well, with this book....keep looking. It's a solid book to remind you about the basic (and maybe not so obvious) tenants of business success that everyone should be striving to achieve. There are some really gems of advice buried in the pages though and since it's only 220 pgs it won't take too long to read and find. Solid but not groundbreaking is my opinion and if you are really trying to improve your business success....it's worth your time.
on June 16, 2005
From the first page, Joe pulls you into his *story* on how to become indispensible as a business - and the lessons can be adapted to apply to non-profits and budget-crunched government agencies. No excuses now. Even the format, filled with apt examples, offers, in effect, a roadmap for owners to move up the ladder to the top of a customer's mind.

- Kare Anderson, author of SmartPartnering
on July 11, 2005
Great writing technique. Get to the punch lines quick and establish clearly what needs to be done.

A perfect reminder that we all seem to forget how easy it is to captivate our customers' attention and have them come back for more.

Also great examples that cover many industries giving clear pictures of the difference between great and mediocre companies.
on July 17, 2015
This book is okay - to be honest, I thought the case studies would have more facts and figures and statistics, but they were just his opinions of places he frequents (and the companies featured are probably his clients, which means he's obviously biased). He also kept reiterating the same basic points over and over again - I guess just to make sure he filled enough pages with ink. The points in the book are so general and basic that I don't think there was anything that you won't read in other classics like Good to Great.
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2010
Building customer loyalty today requires far more than good service, competitive pricing and attentive sales contacts. In the rapidly changing global market, avoiding the dangers of becoming a commodity is reaching critical stages of reality.

Calloway uses believable case studies and interviews with real people to introduce his drivers of success. These are used as illustrations to encourage readers drastically change their service approaches to become the clients' first and only choice.

Feedback is always welcome