- Paperback: 220 pages
- Publisher: Now Labs (September 12, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0997727705
- ISBN-13: 978-0997727708
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 17 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,631,644 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Indivisible: Coming Home to Our Deep Connection Paperback – September 12, 2016
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Author
I wrote this book to share hard-won learning, in the hope of making the path easier for other people, and to accelerate collective evolution toward a more connected, less conflicted world.
- First, that people will begin to fundamentally question our acceptance of violence in all its forms, the small and large, to self and other. It's all around us, and we just disassociate to preserve our sanity, when it's fundamentally not okay!
- Second, to trigger insights or reflections in the reader that lead to more self-love and acceptance, which is the foundation of loving and accepting others.
- Third, that readers will have a tiny bit more juice to overcome any core loneliness or depression--maybe something in these stories will prompt more authenticity, or the release of damage or doubt, or the healing of anger and violence in the self. Maybe someone will start asking the questions they may be afraid to know the answer to (e.g, do I real believe in this relationship I'm having, in this work I'm doing, in my happiness). Ultimately, to speak the truth, be oneself, without fear.
- Fourth, people begin to seek ways to connect more often. People move toward more authentic acceptance and connection with others, to find and make a truly connected tribe, and build deep community.
Thank you and happy reading - if you have any questions or want to open a dialogue, find me online or on Facebook.
About the Author
Christine has been a leader in the tech sector for 20 years, as the venture backed founder and CEO of several companies. She has always been a convener, bringing people together to have conversations around growth and change, and to spark action around new possibilities. She is the curator of 9 TEDxs, the convener of Naked Conversations and founder of LoveSpring.
Her own deep journey exploring anger, violence and disconnection in the aftermath of her mother's murder, early abandonment and general chaos have propelled her explorations into the interior life and capacity of the individual to heal and connect; her work as a victims' right advocate for restorative justice and prison reform; and as an investigator into the neuroscience of human evolution and behavioral change.
Christine holds a MBA from the JL Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Northwestern University in Political Science, with a senior thesis in Arab Nationalism. She served in the US Army ROTC program through the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. She has lived and traveled all over the world, and speaks French and German. She is a yoga teacher and musician.She's mother to 4 of her own children, and co-parent to 2 girls.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 63%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
How often do you read a book and have your behavior change just from reading it? When you read Indivisible you will learn that all of our experiences, especially the 'bad' ones, propel us to the exquisite gold of who we have become.
Betty Perkins, MS author of Lion Taming, the Courage to Deal With Difficult People, Including Yourself, Aslan Publishing, 2000.