Indocalamus Tessellatus, Cold Hardy Tropical Bamboo Plant, up to 2' Long Leaves
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Maya Gardens, Inc.|
|Sunlight Exposure||Partial Shade|
|Unit Count||1 Count|
|USDA Hardiness Zone||6|
|Moisture Needs||Regular Watering|
|Number of Pieces||1|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Some of the largest leaves on any bamboo plant in cultivation.
- Mounding shrub that can grow between 4′-10′.
- Hardy to 0°F.
- The last picture is an example of the plant that you will receive. It is a dwarf plant and will be smaller than the usual plants that we sell.
- The plants that you are purchasing are 1-2 years old, about 1'-2' tall, grown in a #1 size pot, which is removed for shipping. You will receive your plant shrink wrapped.
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Indocalamus has by far some of the largest leaves on any bamboo plant in cultivation. Its large, oblong leaves can grow very large, up to 2′x4″. It makes an excellent container plant. The huge leaves fill in a container, spilling out over the sides. The Indocalamus can easily fit in any settings, whether you want an Asian, tropical, jungle or even a South Polynesian garden, this bamboo fits most any garden design. The Indocalamus is a large, mounding shrub that can grow between 4′-10′, depending on your climate. In its native habitat it is used as a food wrap, similar to how corn husks are used in the Americas for wrapping and cooking food. It naturally grows as an under story plant in shady areas, making it a good choice for a houseplant as well. Hardy to 0°F. Shipping delays can occur due to weather. Please ask first if it is a concern.