Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Indoor Exercise Bike Bicycle Trainer Stand W/ 5 Levels Resistance Stationary
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on October 11, 2011
I really love this product! My husband has been wanting to get in shape, but I don't like to bike in public, it makes me feel a little awkward. This trainer gave us everything we needed out of our exercise program. I get to exercise from the comfort of my back porch and he gets to bike. I would like to add a few words of warning however. Overall I love this product and the concept, but when choosing between stands you should keep 2 things in mind if selecting this model. Number 1, the resistance it offers is never going to be the actual strain you feel while riding uphill. You will definitely get a work out if you turn it up, but I was a little shocked that the max strength only fell at what I would consider a medium level of resistance, however I am sure your perception may differ based on practice and your bike's setting abilities. Number 2 the machine can get a bit loud, not jackhammer loud, but there is a consistent buzz as your back tire spins the resistance tube that is about the equivalent level of my late model microwave running. Again I really like our bicycle trainer stand, but it is the only one I have tried so I am not sure if the concerns I had were based on what is typical or this particular model, but either way it was a wonderful investment and much cheaper than a gym membership. :)
77 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
The trainer comes 95% assembled. My bike doesn't have a quick release back wheel...so I didn't use their quick release. Bike fits in very nice and sturdy. Right bolt fits perfectly, left bolt doesn't, but it fits in enough to where I'm not concerned. I currently weigh 270lbs and I feel safe riding my bike with this stand. It hasn't slipped or fallen off. Noise level is very tolerable, but not silent. I can easily watch TV while riding. Oddly enough, the resistance switch on mine shows 7 levels of resistance. You can feel a slight increase of resistance in each one, but it's not big jumps. This trainer does give enough resistance for me, but it's not like going up a large hill. For Instructions on how to put on the release can be found on youtube. Google "how to install a quick release rear skewer"

Overall, I would buy this one again.
review image
on October 3, 2010
Good trainer for the price. A bit loud but if you ride with an ipod and headphones the noise is no problem. Overall a good trainer for the price.
on September 17, 2010
great for the price and the novice. tension adjustment could be better but it works fine for the indoor trainer
on November 1, 2011
The directions suck, but the trainer isn't bad once you figure it out.
It's worth 50 bucks. No more than that.
on August 9, 2011
This thing works OK, but unless you are a real bike person you might have a question. The first instruction said to replace the quick connect with an enclosed part. I don't have a quick connect and would have remove the back axle, because the enclosed photo is tiny and blurred, and no option was given if you have an older bike. Fortunately my son has built a couple of bikes and was able to solve the issue. The rest of the instructions are useless, some parts not described, etc. I am pretty good and assembling mechanical and electronic devices, and this is really a simple object, it just has bad instructions. Still haven't gotten the 5 levels of resistance thing to work.
on March 4, 2013
this is not a top of the line unit. you should understand that when you buy it and because you are looking at a trainer under 100 dollars. but with that in mind this thing is great! i got it and had it completely built within 20 minutes from it coming in my front door with my bike on it and rode for about an hour. its not terribly loud, if you have headphones in you don't even notice it. its sturdy and has good enough resistance. overall it is wonderful and super easy to setup.
on May 3, 2011
Easy set up and use....great value for the price...it is a bit noisy, take several adjustments to get the sound from the friction wheel to a tolerable level.....but once again for the price it is a good buy.
on December 15, 2013
I live in a rural area where it is dangerous to ride the bike. I bought this and it was easy to set up using my bike. I hate those bike exercisers. This was just like riding out on the road but without the danger. I just watch the morning news or my favorite movie. I also rigged an apparatus on my bike handles that hold a book. So I can read, while listening to my music. It is great!
on July 12, 2011
This product promptly broke within the first several hours of its use. The tension system didn't work and then completely failed. I was very disappointed. I would never recommend this product to anyone.