Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc AWOLNATION Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 9, 2012
When we bought our shortsale house, we thought that the wood flooring would need to be sanded and refinished. I wanted to try this out on some spots in the kitchen that I knew needed some work, and was so damn amazed I tried it on the worse spot in my house. If this works correct, you'll see the pictures I took of the before and after on this floor. I was shocked at how well this brought the wood back to life. I did need to do two coats because of how damaged the floor was. We found out later it was because the roof leaked and created a lake inside the house. The owner did not clean it up.
226 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on August 20, 2016
Full disclosure here - my wood floors are scratched. After 7 years of use, 2 large dogs, 2 kids and an overzealous cleaning lady, they are a wreck. I have used just about every cleaning product made: Murphy's Oil soap, Mop and Glo, the Orange stuff, Floor Mate,Bona, Swiffer Wet Jet - you name it, I've used it. We even had one of those no sanding companies re-finish our floors about 5 yrs ago. They looked awesome ... for two weeks. I've just about given up.

I found Pro Shot by accident here on Amazon while reseaching yet another product to clean my floors. Pro Shot is amazing. It left my floors with a shiny luster and makes them a bit water-proof too. I don't think it's a floor cleaner per say - more of a refinishing product. My husband came home and he immediately commented on how great the floors looked. There is no odor and it seemed to dry very quickly. The bottle says to let dry for 45 minutes which made me worry - who has 45 extra minutes to let their floors dry? The stuff definately works: I had to apply it around a sleeping dog in a dogbed. The next day when I moved the dogbed there was a definate dry-looking spot underneath where it was clear I didn't apply Pro-shot. There were a few other spots in another room I missed too and I still need to go back and get those done. I applied two coats in the high traffic areas: under the desk chair, the spots in front of the doors, places like that. If you have a lot of hardwood floors buy 2 bottles especially if you think you'll need more than one coat. I used 1.5 bottles but again, I have a lot of flooring and applied two coats in a few areas. It goes on very easily (I applied mine with a Quickie mop). I have already raved about this stuff to my friends whose hardwood floors are starting to wear like mine. Pro Shot has made my floors a bit more tolerable and liveable for the time being and is letting me push off having to get them refinished for at least a little while. I'm purchasing more now. I don't know how often it needs to be re-applied but I certainly want to make sure I have it on hand for the next time. I just can't say enough good stuff about Pro Shot. A definate 5 star purchase for anyone with well-worn hardwood floors!
16 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2017
I just bought a house and the previous owner didn't take very good care of the wood floors. I bought this on a whim based on reviews and was hoping it might at least help the look of them. Holy buckets, did it ever. I applied it with a sponge mop and then left to go pack more boxes. Came back a few hours later and literally my sister and I both walked in and said "wow!" It looks like I had my floors refinished. I actually ended up doing a second application (not because this stuff isn't awesome but because my floors were just that bad) and it's night and day difference. I have told so many people about this product-- I know it's not a permanent solution, but it gives my floors a great amount of protection and shine until I bite the bullet and pay to refinish them. Will definitely buy this again until it's time to redo the floors!
7 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2017
We have 3200 sqft of Brazilian Cherry wood floors that were beaten up by the 1st owners. I tried every product available to make them look decent. Pro Shot was the best of them all. It also looks great on our marble bathroom floors. I even tried it out on our antique dining table, and it worked great. I have been using Bona products this year since we bit the bullet & had the floors refinished. But I am going back to Pro Shot products again.

Update: Jan 21, 2018
18 months after we had all the floors sanded & sealed with Bona Traffx commercial grade sealer, they looked wonderful & we used the manufacturer recommended cleaners & sealers, plus some other "high quality" products, but the floors just never looked the way we wanted. So then I pulled out my secret weapon which I found deep in the dark corners of the undersink cabinet. After 2 coats that I laid down by hand, we had the long lasting shine that we were after! Pro Shot did it again! I love how long it lasts and makes cleaning the floors easy once a few coats are built up.
5 people found this helpful
on May 23, 2017
I use this on real wood floors and vinyl, works great. I read a review that said it left a film that looked like Elmer's glue on the floor. I have used this for several years and have not ever had that to happen; so I would suggest testing it in a hidden area of the room before use. Also, the sticky feel comment. I do mop my floors before I apply; it also states to use a very thin coat, which I do. Perhaps if you put it on too thick it makes it feel sticky...again, not sure. My husband and I live on a dairy farm with 2 children still at home and our granddaughter lives with us...lasts about 2-3 months. I wipe up spills as they happen and this helps it to last longer. Of course I make everyone take their shoes off at the door; have to, as I said ~dairy farm-ha! I love very shiny floors, some do not and if not, do not buy this; it's very shiny. Hope this helps.
on September 25, 2015
WOW! For less than $25 I have professional results and a very clean oak plank entry again! I would suggest this if you want to budget and not hire one to seal it for a large amount. Our entry way is about 4x10. One coat took 2/3 of the bottle. I don't believe I need a second coat, but if I do - I am not investing a couple hundred.
review imagereview imagereview image
30 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2017
Not a miracle cure all but really close. We have 2 large Dobermans and a 110 lb wolf mix and they have practically destroyed our hardwood since moving in 3 years ago. There are still visible scratches and I agree that the application isn't fool proof but the before and after pictures should speak for themselves.... this stuff rocks! I'm obsessed and can't wait to apply more. I really believe that it's protecting from future scratches and drooly water damage. Love this product and I've already ordered more
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 14, 2016
Excellent Product. I was highly impressed after using this. I've included a picture of it on half my floor, so you can see the type of coverage you'll get when using it.
28 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2017
We have a LOT of hardwood flooring in our home and this really restores it in one application. I don't mean it repairs your floors, but it certainly creates a brilliant polish. It's my go-to product and my housekeeper even orders it for her own home. Caution though - it's SLICK when first applied so if you don't keep humans and pets off the area before it dries, it's a bit like a bowling alley lane! We have cats and dogs and husbands that have skidded across a surface because they didn't listen to the warning -- WAIT UNTIL IT DRIES.
on July 26, 2017
When I moved into a new home recently, after years with wall-to-wall carpet, I suddenly had memories of past cleaning ladies using hard wax and a circular waxing machine to get hardwood floors shiny; thinking I had to do the same filled me with dread. After research, I realised times had changed and now there were many alternatives.

I first bought Bona's kit, which came with liquid restorer and a mop with applicator pad and microfibre buffer. I used it on the floor, and was pretty happy. It seemed to have somewhat of a shine. It nagged me that it didn't resemble pics I saw from others in Amazon reviews, though, floors which looked wet and gorgeous. So I continued to search for a better product.

I found it in Weiman's Restorer, which curiously sold out in both Amazon and Walmart, as soon as I bought one. This time, I saw a much better shine. And yet...I wasn't satisfied. My quest continued to Home Depot. I used their Rejuvenate Floor Cleaner, with very good results. But perhaps my stubbornness is such that I still wasn't satisfied with the shine.

So on scrolling through hardwood floor cleaners and restorers one day on Amazon, I chanced on this pretty pricey product. I shrugged, and hit Order.

Like all the other times, I made sure the hardwood floor was:

1) Swept with a broom
2) Vacuumed thoroughly
3) Given a quick once over using a Bissell steam mop
4) Applied the Pro Shot generously
5) Then, after waiting 45 mins, buffed with the handy Bona microfibre pad

OH MY GOD. The shine. Short of a professional doing it, I cannot imagine a wetter, shinier, more dazzlingly RICH look to hardwood floors. This is the one to get, my friends. Cough up the dough, and be happy.
2 people found this helpful