|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.7 x 0.7 x 2.7 inches|
|Item model number||NCR-18650A-ORB|
|Batteries||2 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Amperage Capacity||10 A|
|Item Package Quantity||2|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
TWO PROTECTED 3100mAh 18650 (Industrial NCR18650A Panasonic Cell inside) Li-ion Rechargeable Orbtronic Battery Cells- DUAL Protection, Button Top, PCB- High Performance
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unlike other protected 18650 batteries that will cut off all power at only 4 Amps, Orbtronic protected 18650 batteries will provide power at currents much higher than 4 Amps (Seiko 10A protection cutoff), and let you use your high power flashlight without any interruption. Will power up:Fenix, Nitecore, Thrunite, Olight, ... with easy.
- Cell Made in Japan. Made by Panasonic. Protection circuit made by Seiko. Industrial stress resistant battery cells inside. Made to last. Panasonic NCR18650A 3100mAh (REAL capacity - see discharging test-chart above)
- 500 cycles. 5 years storage life. 3100mAh ( REAL capacity tested is OVER 3200mAh), 3.7V, Li-ion, 18650 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Cells
- Industrial NCR18650A 3100mAh cell that is used for this protected 18650 cell is based on new NNP technology that provides energy density of astonishing 675 Wh/L . At the same time Heat Resistant Layer technology makes this cell very safe to use.
- NOT FOR E-CIG MODS- FOR FLASHLIGHTS ONLY! Protection circuit will cut off at 10A (Over current protection), at 2.5V (Over discharge protection), and 4.35V (Over charge protection). Double short circuit protection, Overheat protection. Orbtronic 18650 Li-ion cell is very safe to operate with built in - Internal, and External Electronic Protection. NOT for E-cig mods.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
NOT FOR E-CIG MOD- FOR FLASHLIGHTS ONLY
3100mAh 18650 PROTECTED (High-Performance Panasonic cell inside) Li-ion battery model with a REAL capacity tested 3200mAh (see discharging chart above).
Orbtronic protected 18650 battery will provide smooth and safe operation.
Size: 68.9mm(H) * 18.4mm(D)
Always charge fully | full charge is 4.2V | before first use.
Never completely discharge li-ion battery (below 2.5V under load).
NEVER carry loose batteries in your pocket, purse or/and near other metal objects.
Never use force to install (insert) li-ion battery.
Never discharge |or charge| old and new battery cells together.
Use only high-quality battery chargers.
Do not expose to heat.
Do not overdischarge batteries.
Do not short (connect) positive (+), and negative (-) battery contacts.
Keep battery that is not in use in plastic holder (or inside any insulating [plastic] closed case).
Do not charge battery over 4.25V (another reason to use high-quality battery charger).
Do not charge unattended.
Store in cold and dry place.
After battery is discharged-don't leave it discharged=>charge battery as soon as possible.
Charge fully Before first use. These are NOT AA batteries. These batteries are NOT for e-cig mods. -Never use force to install (insert) li-ion battery. -Use only high quality Li-ion battery chargers. -Do not expose to heat. -Do not charge unattended. -Do not store your li-ion batteries fully charged (for extended period of time). -Store in cold and dry place at approximately 3.7V (storage charge). -Never try to charge li-ion batteries with batt. chargers (or any other device) that are not made for Li-ion 18650 batteries.It must be 4.2V CC/CV 18650 li-ion battery charger. -Do not try to open, solder,or modify this battery.
Top Customer Reviews
* over current protection - 8 Ampere cut off
* over discharge protection - stops working when the voltage reaches a minimum of 2.5 VDC to protect the battery
* over charge protection - stops charging when it reaches 4.2 VDC
* double short circuit protection
* over heat protection
* A heat resistant layer to make this power cell safer to use
My purchase came to me charged at 3.61 VDC. I charged them with the Xtar WP2 II Smart Charger set at a 1 Ampere charge rate. You can see my video review of that product at this location, just scroll through the reviews until you find my review.
18650 Smart Li-ion Charger and Two 3100mAh PROTECTED Orbtronic (Panasonic NCR18650A cell inside) Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Batteries Kit (NEW Version)
Using a good LI-ion charger is a key to protecting your investment and assuring that the batteries are charged properly and maintained to maximize their life cycle. Here is the charging data for the batteries:
* Starting voltage both at 3.61 VDC
* At one hour they were at 3.91 VDC
* At two hours they we at 4.12 VDC
* At 3 hours they were fully charged at 4.2 VDC
As you can see the batteries quickly charged and they stopped at the specified 4.2 VDC limit. You can tell I have purchased more of these batteries and the charger before and I would not have purchased more if I did not have the utmost confidence in the product and the supplier, Orbtronic.
When I purchased the batteries, they and the other previous order shipped on the same day and I received the product in two days. The service was outstanding and prompt. I had even dropped them an email with a question and they responded within minutes on the weekend.
Before I purchased these batteries I was tempted to buy the cheaper batteries and chargers from other suppliers. I read reviews by people who said they purchased the cheap batteries and they had just thrown their money away as the batteries from the other suppliers were junk. There are even several reviews talking about smoke and even fires coming from cheaper batteries and chargers. It made me investigate these types of batteries on the web. Charged Li-ion batteries can be dangerous. They can explode or catch fire and that is why I purchased the expensive ones with protection built in. The USPS will not even fly Li-ion batteries, iPads, smart phones, Kindles and other electronics that use LI-ion batteries overseas as there have even been reports of fatal cargo airplane crashes due to Li-ion batteries.
I depend on my electronics that use 18650 power cells and I didn't want to have quality issues or potential problems so I brought what I thought was the best available and so far they have proven that they were worth the money. I strongly recommend these batteries from Orbtronic and the battery charger from them is also top notch. Please take the time to look at my video review that I mentioned above.
As the battery voltage dropped from its initial 4.20V to 3.02V, the light output fell from an initial 48 lumens to about 35 lumens, which is still more than enough to walk around in a dark house or outside on a moonless night. How long did it take this battery, in this flashlight, to make this voltage drop? 72 hours. That's why I like the XML T6 LEDs. Their dim mode is just about perfect.
Test Flashlight: Romisen RC-E4, XML T6 LED.
Low Intensity Setting, 48 lumens.
Battery: Panasonic Industrial 3100 mAh.
10:00 > 3.91V
16:10 > 3.81V
25:40 > 3.65V
30:30 > 3.60V
32:45 > 3.58V
36:00 > 3.56V
41:00 > 3.52V
47:30 > 3.46V
53:15 > 3.38V
57:45 > 3.33V
61:00 > 3.31V
64:09 > 3.29V
67:10 > 3.23V
72:00 > 3.02V
73:15 > 2.97V
75:50 > 2.55V
If you graph the points, you'll see that the Panasonic Industrial 3100 mAh battery begins its voltage versus time downturn at about 68 hours. At 75 hours, the battery is pooped out. I probably shouldn't have kept it going for the final 50 minutes, but the battery recharged OK and didn't seem harmed by its overuse.
I use them just about every day at work in my flashlight and they have never failed me. I use these because I needed a battery that was rechargeable, dependable and light weight.
Yeah these aren't the cheapest 18650's you can find but for me it's quality over quantity, specially because your life can depend on your light when your on duty. I wouldn't want to think twice if my light is going to work or not.
I purchased 4 of these and all have worked perfectly. I alternate charging them so that I can have a set as a back up.
I highly recommend these and will definitely purchase again. Over a year has passed with them and not a hint of wear or power loss
Update: 10/21/12 Battery Voltage after 24 hours of usage is 3.52V. Excellent!