Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 30, 2014
We LOVE this. Our home basically looks like it belongs to the baby and he lets us stay here. I love that we can collapse it at the end of the day and reclaim a few feet of adult space.

My fave things about it:
-It collapses and opens easily enough to do it one handed if you're holding your baby.
-It's super easy to pull apart for washing
-You can buy different toys to hang (in packs of 3). We like to rotate the toys out so our baby doesn't get bored.
-We can travel easily with it because it folds up and secures with velcro

We learned quickly that if we put the baby down in it at a diagonal so his feet could kick the base of one of the arches he could shake his own toys. Then we'd just helicopter him around each corner when he started to get bored with the view. So by the time our baby was about 5 weeks old he could entertain himself under this for a good 15 minutes at a time. Now, at 12 weeks, he'll hang out playing with the toys for a half hour or longer. We hang the toys at the high setting when he's laying in it and move them to the low setting (attaching the mirror to the base of one of the arches) to do tummy time. Works like a charm!
96 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 13, 2016
I think I spent more time researching baby play gyms than I'd like to admit. I needed something big enough to fit two babies, foremost. This gym fit the bill in comparison to some of the round-shaped gyms. The material comes clean easily and doesn't attract pet hair (a big deal for us). The colors ans patterns are pleasing to look at (we went with the "vintage boys" design). The toys are good for sensory purposes. They rattle, crinkle, have rings for pulling, and rubber for teething. There's also a mirror. It's flexible and the reflection is warped, but that's to be expected in a baby toy, I suppose.
I also loved that you can adjust the arms to either a dome or tepee shape. I had considered a considerably more pricey gym just because it resembled a tepee, but am glad I found this instead. My older kids like to drape a light blanket on top when they play with the babies.
Mostly, I like to get this gym was fairly inexpensive. The quality is great, and I don't feel as though anything is lacking based on the price.
Overall,

Pros:
Price
Easy to clean material
Toys perfect for sensory purposes
Colors not too "babyish"
Toys can be removed and washed
More/different toys can be added
Arms can adjust to two different styles

Cons:
Pillow is same slick material as the mat, so it slips out from under a wiggly baby. Could be improved by being attached to the mat.

Arms can be difficult to adjust. It took some time and effort to figure out you have to push down before twisting the lever to release the arms.

Mirror reflection is warped (not a con for us but could be for others)
19 people found this helpful
on February 5, 2012
I bought the "boy" version of the gym for my three-month-old girl because I needed a second gym that will be easy to transport when we are visiting family etc. My daughter LOVES it and it became our primary gym. If you are OK with the minor cons described below, this is the best deal around.

PROS
- My baby loved playing in it, the colors are wonderful and the toys are cute. She played in it till she was 4.5 months and then continued to play with the toys separately from the gym. It really helped her learn to roll over from her back to the tummy
- Some people complain about the quality but I see no problems. Maybe they had defective models? The surface mat is thick and pleasant, I washed it according to the instructions and it is just fine.
- Easy to assemble. Takes a minute of your time and is sturdy.
- Compared to other models -- very compact when folded. I could take it with me when we go to a place she needs to spend an day with me outside home.
- Lots of ways to hang the toys, two levels, and rings that allow you to hand other toys as well
- Non breakable mirror included
- It is both a pro and a con -- the mat is small (exactly as depicted in the pictures). So if you want something compact for your tiny living room it is perfect. I have no troubles with this.

CONS (in the order I personally consider it as a problem):
- You can wrap the mat around the toys and secure it with the strap. This is a great idea, but for some reason they designed it such that you must wrap the mat such that the upper side of the mat faces OUT -- to the dirt etc, while the side that lies on the floor will face the toys! When I want to transport the gym, I end up wrapping the whole thing in another blanket to protect the mat from the outside world,and place the mat on this blanket so that the bottom side of the mat does not get dirty and then touch the toys when I pack it again.
- It is not as compact as it appears from the picture that shows it folded. I took it with us when we had to stay over night outside home, but would not bring it with me for just an hour at friends, for example.
- The rings design is hard to disassemble. So it takes a few extra minutes to hang or change the position of the toys. A bit annoying.
- The faces of the animals appear only on one side. It is more realistic this way, but if you hang the toy the wrong way (or re-position the baby) the infant cannot see the faces.
- It does not have a musical element but I am personally totally fine with this. Just to let you know -- no musical giraffes as some reviews sate. Nothing on batteries etc.
- The mirror is a non-breakable, bending reflective surface. So the reflection is has an effect of a carnival mirror. But it is safe and still fun.
- The gym arrived without one piece (the pillow) and Amazon allowed me to choose between partial refund or return/exchange of the gym. When I called the company they said they are out of these pillows but said they can send a different pillow that would not match the set, because they are out of these pillows. So they have great customer service and Amazon have generous policy, I just wish they could pack it all together at the first place.
195 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2016
This play mat is adorable and neutral. :) The second I put my 4.5 month old under the toy bars she squealed in excitement and kept looking back and forth at all of the toys. I like that there are ribbons in two positions on the bar so you can hang the toys lower or higher depending on your child's reach. Each of the toys are well-made and have a little surprise (like crinkly ears on the elephant, rings to grab on the monkey, etc) and it really keeps her entertained for 15-20 minutes. Which is a lot for her age, and just enough time for mom to eat a hot meal for once. :) The little pillow is good for sliding under her armpits for tummy time, or propping her head and shoulders up so she can get more overhead reach. Totally recommend this play gym!

The only issue I had with it is the top part. You are supposed to be able to easily click it closed so the bars collapse, but it takes a concerted effort and two hands for me. :/
6 people found this helpful
on September 8, 2016
This has been a nice play mat but this afternoon my 6 months old son pulled the rings off the elephant (tore the fabric) and shoved a ring all the way in his mouth. He would've choked had it not been for my mother-in-law's awareness and quick action.
Never underestimate the strength of a little one and never, ever assume the parts of an "infant" toy are truly too big to choke on.

UPDATE: our kiddo pulled another one of the animals off; tore the ribbon with which it was attached. We plan to cut the animals off and use our own. He still enjoys watching himself in the mirror and kicking the frame (it has held up remarkably well!) to make the little boy in the mirror laugh.
30 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2018
My 6 month old LOVES this!!! Finally he can see his hands that he stares at so much actually interact with a toy! Very helpful when I'm home alone and need to wash bottles or make formula. He's right there very entertained. He also loves the mirror LOL I laid him under my friends' baby's hanging toy and he seemed overwhelmed. I hesitated ordering this. But there's something about it that he loves! And the design is wonderful. Like laying him on one of his quilts. Nothing crazy, but the colors are bright for him! The toys are creative. He especially loves the ones with the hoops that he can grab. The others provide just enough noise that it captures his attention, but isn't obnoxious. Very pleased! Still trying to get it to fold easier. It's either still new or I'm not turning it enough. Lol
on March 25, 2016
We use this map for our now two-year-old. She used it for about 6 months and by the end of that six months one of the bars was starting to come loose from the top. It was folded put in a plastic bag and stored under a bed until our now four month old was born. At 3 months of age we had to throw the bars away because the foam and metal piece that's inside of it was showing at the top. So, we got basically nine months of ok use out of this toy. Love the colors, but wish we would have spent more on something a little more durable.
4 people found this helpful
on August 1, 2016
I debated on this for awhile! I looked at many different baby play gyms and mats. I read reviews and finally decided to give this one a shot. I'm SO happy with this product and it's only been two days. But my baby just loves it! It's really easy to snap together and to take apart. I LOVE the fact you can break it down with one hand! Just push twist and bam it's compact to take to another room. I do place something underneath for a little more cushion ( we have wood flooring). But I think the mat is well cushioned for the money. Also the mat is slippery which other reviews mentioned, making it tough for a baby to get their footing. However, this material is easy to clean! My baby is almost 3 months old and is having a blast. Plenty of room to scoot around or roll over. It comes with cute toys and their are links to add your own. Also it came with a small pillow for tummy time or to prop behind their tiny head. I bought the classic boy version but it would be great for a girl. I find that design to be unisex because it's just vibrant fun colors. For the price this product is awesome! . Hope this helps anyone that was indecisive. :)
Top Contributor: Babyon May 2, 2016
This is a really cute activity mat. It comes with a good variety of toys and I love that it includes a mirror for baby. I also love that it comes with a tummy time pillow.

I dropped one star because the "twist and fold" part of it is basically worthless. First, it is incredibly hard to twist the plastic piece to get it to fold. I don't know if mine is defective or if this is how its supposed to be. On mine, it is literally painful, takes all of your arm strength, and takes a good two minutes to get it to finally twist over.

Once it does twist, you have to grab the mat part and "fold" it upward. But it doesn't really fold, it just kind of hangs in a large, awkward pile. Its not the quick, neat fold that I expected; this is super disappointing because I was looking forward to being able to keep this in my living room and fold it out of the way whenever needed. I don't see myself using the folding part very often because it's really more trouble than its worth.

Overall, I really like this mat. It's a good size, its super cute and I like the accessories.
on August 14, 2017
Our baby loves this activity gym. We don't use the provided pillow, and we hung a toy from a different item, Tiny Love Musical Natural Stroll Toy, Arch (the musical sun) from the center, so that if he pulls or kicks one of the arches, or pulls on the animal toys hard enough, he'll get a musical treat. The mirror on that sun also seems to attrack babies' attentions like nothing else. With that little addition, our son loves playing under this, and now he's big enough to pull the animals to his mouth for a bit of a feast.

Even without the sun addition, this is a great little play mat, and I like that the toys are plush rather than all plastic.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.