Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on April 10, 2013
This book caught my attention when an excerpt was published in fastcompany.com. It was an intriguing excerpt about having a clear intent at any given moment when communicating with people. At first it seemed simple, but I found myself reflecting on it later, and eventually changing my own model for planning important verbal communications.

Eventually, I bought the book and found that it's full of simple tips and profound insights. There are so many helpful principles that I took copious notes on the book and plan to review them from time to time. Furthermore, the author is a great storyteller and allows himself to be vulnerable, so you really feel like you trust what he's saying.

There are parts of the book that are very straightforward, and later parts of the book that will turn off some readers because it overlaps into "new age" ideas about energy. That's OK. The author simply shares the ideas as a menu of options for the reader to choose what will work for you.

Throughout, the book will challenge your thinking because it often goes against conventional notions. But that's exactly why it can change your leadership and your life. Shortly after reading the book, I had a conversation with an out-of-town relative that I normally would have "played safe" and kept at the surface level. Instead, I remembered some of Nowak's principles for connecting deeply; I took a risk, and ended up having a rich, wonderful conversation that drew us closer together. The book holds the same promise for connecting with co-workers and clients, so they are energized and want to work with you.

If you are willing to be stretched and changed, I highly recommend this book!
on January 7, 2013
Phenomenal book - full of practical wisdom and appropriate vignettes around how people really 'connect' and build meaningful relationships. Achim Nowak does a great job of breaking down how we 'show up' and interact with others in a very approachable way, starting with the spoken interactions ("Talk") carefully through the unspoken and deeply personal ("Power", "Intent", and "Energy.")

He starts immediately with "Talk" in breaking down the so-called rules or beliefs in sociable conversation that effectively preclude us from developing meaningful or memorable connections with others and delivers excellent practical advice on how to really engage.

With the unspoken and more personal elements - INFECTIOUS is remarkable in how clearly it articulates not only what is going on that we need to be aware of, but also the things we can do deliberately to shape what we project in every interaction.

Overall, the concepts and advice in this book are very resonant, and I found myself saying "YES" again and again as I recognized behaviors both in myself and that I experience from others -- invaluable perspective and advice for anyone that wants to build real connections and relationships with others both professionally and personally.
on October 2, 2016
This book has changed my life. It's a great read and if you practice and apply what is in the book you will see the change. This is not a self help book. it's the author sharing an idea and teaching you how to unleash your true self and engage with people around you.
on June 3, 2013
Excellent book. One of those that I picked up and could not put down. Superbly sequenced material that keeps you excited about the next chapter.

I could see some people getting lost at the end depending on their beliefs but, the overall content of this book is priceless! I am "all in" with the content of this book.
on March 23, 2014
This is a practical book about communicating with others -- and with ourselves. There are lots of take-always for students, aspiring leaders and anyone who lives or works with others.