- Series: Penguin science fiction
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Science Fiction / Penguin Books; New Ed edition (1979)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140051333
- ISBN-13: 978-0140051339
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 4.3 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 2.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,674,572 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Inferno Paperback – Import, 1979
|New from||Used from|
Top Customer Reviews
Sir Fred Hoyle, for 60 year distinguished but poignant astronomer, wrote the book with his son Geoffrey. The rare gift of explaining complex scientific concepts in the simplest of terms, is represent in the plot by using mathematical formulas and energy measured in powers of tens. The 1/3rd of the book prepares for the event (background), the 1/3rd is the observation of the event and the last 1/3rd is about cold winter, radiation killing most of the south. The Highland, Scottish scenery and villages, are places where the last refugees gather in Dr. Cameron's command.
Two (2) stars. Written in 1973 by a true British original and Yorkshireman. Dr. Cameron is presented as know-it-all scientist who looks everybody else down to his nose; rest of the world is incompetent and don't have capabilities to plan ahead. The ecological breakdown is swept in fast pace.Read more ›