Top positive review
A Guy Struggling to Keep Up with the Girls
on December 26, 2016
- Synopsis: This anime shows the adventures of one lucky guy or unlucky to some, in a training academy full of women. Because of harem and story reasons, women are the only ones who can pilot their mechas. Due to this, being the only guy who can pilot a mecha immediately makes him the center of attention. The rest of the story involves the daily interactions between the main character and the other students, as well as the occasional enemy appearing to move the plot along.
- Comments: If you were looking for a strong, confident, non-hesistant main character; you will have to look elsewhere. The main character of the show is fairly weak compared to the other pilots. He's often protected by the other pilots.
Not only that, he isn't the smartest person out there, either. But his unique circumstances and kind-hearted personality helps win over the other female students without much effort. Furthermore, the main character is plain and common. He exhibits traits that are common in many anime characters that have harems.
- Features: English and Japanese audio with English subtitles. Includes 12 episodes on 2 DVDs for a total of about 5 hours. Comes with a bonus such as a soundtrack DVD and some special features for a total of 4 DVDs. Rated TV-14 for violence and fan-service.
- Conclusion: The main character is your standard character you will find in many other harems. The girls are cute, the mechas are unique and interesting and may be more appealing to those that prefer compact mechas. The fan-service is moderate and the scenes have plenty of comic-relief.
- Recommendations: Code Geass, Godannar!, Kampfer, Chaos;Head, Code:Breaker, Tokyo ESP, K, Absolute Duo, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Sky Wizards Academy, and Date A Live.