New York Times
bestselling author Douglas Clegg unleashes a spine-tingling supernatural chiller as paranormal investigators converge on the mansion in Book 3 of the Harrow series. Get ALL the Harrow novels: Nightmare House, Mischief, The Infinite and The Abandoned.The Infinite
was 377 pages in its print edition. More about the book:
Beautiful clairvoyant Cali Nytbird, psychic talent Chet Dillinger, and bestselling writer and medium Frost Crane are brought to Harrow by its new owner, Ivy Martin. Will they be powerful enough to exorcise the most haunted house in the world? Who holds this key?
Cali Nytbird, radio host of a psychic call-in show, is no stranger to psi abilities -- but is she strong enough to resist the ghostly seductions of Harrow?
Chet Dillinger -- raised in squalor -- found he had a unique and wondrous talent early in life, but the pull of Harrow may overwhelm his psychic abilities -- or bring out his basest desires.
Frost Crane, bestselling author, crossed into shadow to communicate with the dead -- and harbors an explosive secret as he enters the mansion of the damned.
Harrow, they say, is the soul of madness itself.
"A cavalcade of nightmares. Memorable for its evocative, disturbing imagery and haunting emotional insights, this novel adds a new chapter to horror's tradition of haunted house fiction." -- Publisher's Weekly "Clegg's stories can chill the spine so effectively that the reader should keep paramedics on standby." - Dean Koontz "Clegg is the best horror writer of the post-Stephen King generation."- Bentley Little, bestselling author of The Haunting. "Douglas Clegg has become the new star in horror fiction." - Peter Straub, NY Times bestselling author of The Talisman (with Stephen King) and Ghost Story.
The Harrow Series:
Harrow Prequel Novellas
- Book #1, Nightmare House - set at Harrow in the 1920s, the grandson of its creator has come to claim his deadly inheritance and explore the terrifying mystery within the ancient stones and passages of the house.
- #2, Mischief - Boys will be boys -- and a dark fraternity of misfits seek out Jim Hook, the new student at Harrow Academy -- but something more terrifying is hunting Jim, as well.
- #3, The Infinite - A handful of psychic investigators are called in to document the horrors of Harrow -- but little do they know that the house is more than simply a haunted place -- it may be the soul of evil itself.
- #4, The Abandoned -- In the village of Watch Point, New York, in the bucolic Hudson Valley, something toxic and horrifying has leaked from the old boarded-up mansion called Harrow. Throughout the town, people who sleep awaken with blood-lust in their hearts -- and hatchets in their fists. A rampage of mayhem, murder and madness begins -- and only those brave enough to enter Harrow may find a way to stop the terror.
- The Necromancer - set in the 1800s, this is the story of the young Justin Gravesend and his initiation into a terrifying mystery cult.
- Isis - set right at the end of the 1800s, the story of the young Iris Villiers when she discovers the terrible price that must be paid to speak with the dead.
Look for other books by Douglas Clegg
The Children’s Hour
Dark of the Eye
The Hour Before Dark
You Come When I Call You
The Nightmare Chronicles
The Machinery of Night
tags: Harrow, haunting, haunted house, ghost, spirits, psychic, paranormal, supernatural, horror