Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on June 5, 2016
**Update** I have had to boost the center channel volume to hear dialogue in movies, but I still find myself turning the overall system volume up and ends up being too loud during action scenes. I'm considering buying a different center channel speaker after having this one for less than a year (7 months). Sound quality seems lower than my Infinity Primus Towers.***End update***

Seems like a great center channel speaker. This is my first home theater setup and I couldn't be happier with my Infinty Primus speakers. At first I was bummed out that the larger center channel speaker was sold out, but this one sounds amazing and is plenty loud to bring the dialog through during movies and TV. Plenty of bass to make deep men's voices have weight to them... Narator/Optimus Prime in the Tranformers movies.

I have this as my center channel in my 5.0 system that will be completed as a 7.1 when I add some Fluance bipolar rear surrounds and a Bic 12" subwoofer.

Current Setup:
Infinty Primus 363 Towers - Front right and left
Infinty Primus PC251 -Center Channel
Infinty Primus 153 Bookshelfs - Side Surrounds

To be added:
Fluance XLBP Wide Dispersion Bipolar Surrounds- Rear surrounds

Bic Accoustec PL-200 - Subwoofer
on April 23, 2012
A couple months ago, I decided to do an upgrade at Center for my home theater. At the time, I had a 7.1 Infinity Reference bookshelf speaker system with the Infinity Beta C250 center channel speaker. I liked the Beta center, but the sound didn't quite fit with my other speakers and I sometimes had a hard time understanding the dialogue in movies and TV shows.

I knew I wanted to stick with Infinity when I got the new speaker, to keep the uniformity of the home theater. After doing some research, I narrowed my search down to the Infinity Primus line of center channel speakers. The PC351 would have been a great speaker, but I do not have room for it with my current setup (it is a monstrous speaker), and I didn't want an overpowering center channel since I have bookshelf speakers.

I settled on this Infinity Primus PC251, and it fit what I needed to the "T". Dialogue is clear, music sounds fantastic (just watched Phantom of the Opera with the new speaker), and overall the tone is much richer and more detailed. It has plenty of power behind it, too. I would highly recommend this speaker to anyone who has a mid-range audio system and is looking for a good Center channel!
on July 20, 2016
I really like the sound of this center channel. I have the 3 way towers and two way bookshelves in the back. Powered by a Denon AVR-2106, so a pretty powerful and capable amplifier for this speaker level. I had previously been running DTS with center turned off. The difference made by adding this last piece to the system is immeasurable. So much depth, volume and placement as intended by the soundtracks of movies is detectable now. I really wanted the 3-way, but I have a very large sub and the towers are quite large as well, I don't feel like I'm missing anything in buying the smaller center here. (at least not enough to justify the larger bill for the 3-way)
on June 19, 2016
I'm not an audiophile by any means but I've had a couple of home theater systems in a box before. That being said I got this because my purchase of my onkyo tx-nr646 included the Infinity Primus 253 and I needed to complete my set. This speaker is very good I love the sound I don't think you would need to spend more money for something else unless you are an audiophile or a fan of different companies. But be aware that this speaker is very large I didn't realize how big center speakers since I was upgrading from a theater in a box to a full system.
on November 30, 2015
It is a solid center speaker. Purchased to go with Infinity 363 (R+L) speakers, for a large room. Pairing them with a Denon 710W and the sound is incredible. Price from Amazon was incredible with a hundred bucks off and USPS delivered it even on a Sunday. This is a heavy unit but plugging it in takes 5 minutes. The speaker wire connectors are a good fit and work well with 14/16 gauge. Five year warranty from Harman was a pleasant surprise.

I highly recommend this speaker. If you have a very large room, I recommend getting the 351 model as that has 2 tweeters.
on December 21, 2014
This is a great mid sized center channel speaker. For a theater on a budget your affordable choices are limited. There is plenty of low grade, low budget speakers as well as high end big dollar choices. But finding something that is affordable with out sounding low quality is tough. The Infinity Primus is a great compromise between great sound quality and affordability. Of course it doesn't sound like a $1000 center channel but it is surely sounds better than what I paid for it. I'm happy with it and would buy it again..... ya know, if I needed a second center channel for some reason.
on March 21, 2015
we used these with speakercraft aim 7 two and they are amazing, highly recommend.
on May 25, 2014
I had replaced my L and R home theater with Primus speakers so the stereo would rock, but the movies were weak with

5.1 dolby using the supplied center speaker. I added this and dialogue and sound is clearer and has more range.

Big savings, fast delivery, and the Infinity speaker is a great value with pleasing performance.
on February 8, 2014
this speaker it is the best speaker that you can buy and I waited for a long time to get ahead and got it at Amazon at the best price possible and I looked everywhere so to say the buy it you won't regret it;you'll notice though that you're turning the music up louder just to hear this great speaker
on May 25, 2014
I had a surround system made up of RS4's up front and RS3 in back, from 14 years ago. I still love the RS series, and am very sad they don't make it anymore. However, the smaller Primus, which turns out to actually be quite large, fits right in as a center, and the timbre doesn't stand out amongst the other speakers. It's doing an excellent job so far.