Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 11, 2012
I bought this subwoofer about 4 years ago. It worked great and the sound was impressive for a 12X16 sized room. A few weeks ago it started making a crackling noise. I read online where several people had this same problem. Hint that I shouldn't have bought this. I read suggestions on where some people noticed that the circuit board was completely sealed in a plastic box inside the subwoofer cabinet. They suggested that the circuit board was overheating which would make sense. Whomever designed this didn't realize that even at low level, it would produce copious amount of heat. I removed the plastic box from the circuit board assembly a reassembled it. It worked for about a week then started making the crackling noise again. Upon closer inspection, It seemed like it was constantly switching between "on" and "off". I'm pretty pissed off considering that it only has a year warranty and I paid around $400 for it. I got it at Best Buy and I talked to the Geek Squad about having it repaired. They told me that it would cost me almost the same amount to have it fixed if it even could be fixed. They said they has seen this before and that the part to fix it was probably not available.

For this kind of money I expected a much better product and a much longer life to it. Like I said the sound was great, but don't waste your money.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2016
the perfect subwoofer for movies and music, my surround sound system has 1300 watts and the addition of the sub is awesome my wife does not like it because several figurines has been falling off from the wall unit. overall i give 5 stars for the TREMENDOUS BASS that comes out of the sub.
on May 4, 2015
I have been holding off on writing a review for this since I was having some issues with subwoofer volume and wasn't sure what exactly was going on. Disclaimer: I am a novice when it comes to setting up home theater audio components and understanding all of the ins-outs with everything.

That being said, the below might be helpful for others:

Turns out the subwoofer setting in my Yamaha receiver was turned down really low and once I manually adjusted that and set the gain and crossover to higher levels, the bass rumbling started.

My Yamaha receiver came with a microphone to use as part of an auto setup feature and for some reason the mic set my subwoofer gain to be really low. Also, don't use regular RCA cables....unless you really have to. I noticed when I had regular RCA cables plugged in that the subwoofer was emitting a strange background hum noise. I bought a Belkin subwoofer cable through amazon and after plugging that in, the background noise hum went away.

I mentioned all of the above stuff in case others have had issues too.

So far, I have no complaints! If, as other reviewers have said, the subwoofer has issues a year from now etc..I will come back and update this review to reflect the change. But right now, I have to be very careful with how loud my overall volume is because the bass is superb on this and it really goes a long way to help with the movie immersion and I really like it.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2013
I am biased, I love Infinity. Until a hydro substation explosion got past my surge protectors and took them out, my four Reference towers (RS IIIb’s up front and RS 4B’s in the rear) gave me almost 30 years of phenomenal service. Granted, like the Infinites, my new Mirage OMD towers didn’t really require much help, but, I wanted to supplement them with a little extra, at least for home theater duties ... but the sub had to be musical. That meant I needed exceptional transient response. For me, anything larger than 12" in a home sub-woofer means Doppler effect. The metal matrix cone is an added bonus, especially if the driver is being pushed to the limit, (Maximum strength for the weight.) and this sub has more than enough power to control the excursions. Most subs are “loud and proud.” This sub is musically transparent, even as it rips your house apart. E. Power Biggs, Virgil Fox, Toccata and Fugue in D Miner, Rock On, DTS anything ... it’s a steal!!
on October 31, 2012
Very loud and full bass. Pictures fall of the shelves, love it, my wife doesn't. Great for home theater or listening to music. Looks nice in a living-room.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2012
I have had 2 of these over the years now and wow you can not beat the awesome sound for this price point.
A 12" sub is just what you need for your home entertainment center. My room is 20'x30' and when watching a movie the pictures on the walls shake and have fallen. :) Totally AWESOME!!
on July 29, 2016
I purchased one of these back in 1/2013. We don't abuse it. It lasted until 7/2016. I would like to think it would have lasted longer. However, I am going to risk buying another to replace it. That's where it hurts again- we paid $380ish back then, and the replacement is only going to cost $234. I am sure this was purchased via another vendor, so I am not pointing fingers at the place from which we purchased our replacement today. I took the old one apart- I agree that the electronics should not be cooped up in a sealed plastic box inside the speaker cabinet. It did its job for 3.5 years, but I expect more. Since the rest of our speaker system is Infinity, and it has served us well for a long time, as well as the speaker system in my wife's car, we're going to take a leap of faith and buy it one more time. It's a nicely designed cabinet, but I wish subwoofer manufacturers would place the controls where you can see/operate them when it is "in place". Not the case with this one. But, if I get a good amount of time out of the new one, I'll be happy at the new cost.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2016
Sounds incredible. Great replacement for the awesome stereo in my car that I had to give up when I had a kid.

Can be dialed up to 11 or all the way down to nearly off depending on how much boom you want or need. Game of Thrones causes closets, recessed lighting and plates to vibrate and rattle at 50% gain, hiphop/edm at full will cause things to fall off of walls.

Damn near capable of shaking your house off of it's foundation... and if you live in an apartment complex think about this purchase, do you really want to be that guy?
on December 11, 2016
I've only had the sub for 3 years. Stopped working last night. Very disappointed to say the least. You don't spend this much money on an item and it stop working. It powers on, but no response from the woofer. I only use the sub once in awhile so it should not be "Wore out". Just very disappointed.
on March 19, 2015
I do not know if the unit is working? the red light is always on! the only time the green light is on is when I first turn the unit on, than it turns to red. I lession for the base, but I do not here anything.What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Ron Burdette