Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on July 22, 2015
Purchased this in 2012. At first it sounded acceptable, then about two years after, it started to make a loud popping sound every 10 to 20 minutes. It would also make low level distorted background rumbling sounds even when receiver powered off. Disconnected from receiver and power for about 6 months. Reconnected later on but could not get a green signal light nor sound. Found out from Infinity that the unit had a two year warranty only on the amp and a 5 year warranty on the driver (cone). After numerous discussions came to find out that they no longer make the amp board for this unit. Looked inside and found the circuit board was burned. Decided to try a Dayton sub-1500 for a change. Not sure if I would ever purchase an infinity again. Customer Service is outsourced and very difficult to explain problems. Also could not send email because their domain name could not he found. Overall, I would say that you might be taking a risk if you purchase this product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 5, 2015
This subwoofer is exactly what I needed. It has the perfect balance of deep booms and subtle thuds to round out your action movies and FPS games. It was also a perfect middle ground as far as price to quality. It isn't the cheapest sub around, but I have friends who got one of the cheap-but-popular subs for their home theaters. They are more distracting than anything. The goal of a subwoofer is to have it blend in and not be obvious which speaker(s) are projecting your low frequencies. Cheap subs just blast out garbled rumbles, this one is subtle, but powerful.

I bought this to replace my older Infinity PS10 sub that I had for ten years before its amp went out. Strangely, Infinity's site doesn't have any information about 10 inch subs in their lower primus line anymore. The only 10" sub I found was in their reference product line. So I wasn't sure if this PS410 model had been discontinued, but it was one more reason I decided to hurry and order it, because I didn't like the other three options in case this one sells out. The reference line is a little out of my price range, and the primus 8 & 12 inch subs were too small & big. The 10 inch was perfect, and I would highly recommend it for the value and sound quality.

This PS410 is a little bit longer front-to-back than my PS10 was. Make sure you take note of the dimensions in the product description before ordering. One reason I like this size is it's the most cube-like. I think the tall & narrow 8-inch sub looks kind of lame in comparison, as well as giving up a small amount of low-hz range. IThe 12-inch is also more of a cube, and I would have loved to buy that one, but I simply don't have the shelf space for it (the 10 fits perfectly in my setup).

The switches and inputs on the back are on-par for what you'd expect on a subwoofer. You have volume, crossover frequency (50hz-150hz), LFE/Normal switch, phase switch (0, 180), and L/R inputs, both standard RCA as well as the posts for raw speaker wire. Most people (myself included) will only need one of the L/R inputs, but it's cool that it supports both in case you have a serious dual-sub (5.2 / 7.2 / etc) setup.

Another thing I've noticed they have improved since my previous Infinity sub is the transition between sleeping and playing. My PS10 would take a few seconds to wake up after receiving a medium-volume signal to wake it up, and would often make a chirping noise. This PS410 is very responsive and doesn't make any weird noises when waking up.

My wife and I can't agree on whether or not to keep the black cover on the front, but fortunately, the sub looks and sounds fantastic either way.

Overall I am loving this subwoofer and hope it can give me at least another 10 satisfying years of window-shattering, neighbor-waking awesomeness.
review image review image review image
on April 4, 2017
Seemed like a great price and was a definite improvement from my old, reliable Sony sub from the 90s... but it failed in under 8 months with a loud pop followed by a burnt smell. After that, it works for a while but overheats, plus even if that were not the case I simply cannot trust something that is always plugged in when I'm not home that has had that smell escape from it.
on January 1, 2016
The sound on this sub is AMAZING until it died exactly two years after I got it. It started making some scratching noise like there was an electrical issue. Then it stopped working all together. I was extremely happy with the sound up to that point.
on April 3, 2015
Hits real hard, and has amazing lows. I've maximized it's potential with optimal placement, which is a must.
I've been afraid to raise the gain past 50%, and on one movie I had to keep it at 30-35%...
It has a large, solidly built cabinet, and does not feel cheap at all.
Metal cone is reassuring as it is not paper. Surround is rubber, not foam, and has a long throw.
Stylish,easily removable grill goes with most decors.

At a dollar a watt, this has to be the most well made, best performing sub in it's price/age range. I'd buy a second, or even the 12" model if the need arose.
on June 17, 2015
had this sub for about a year and now its always in stand by mode while playing movies.
red light always on and cant get it to go green.
sub does not work. infinity customer service is the worst and will not honor warranty.
DONT BUY PEOPLE...
on January 5, 2016
I ordered this sub this past july 18th to be exact. It worked Fine till this past week it died. Sub powers up, get signal going into sub, no signal going to speaker, speaker itself works perfect so I'm assuming the built in amp is dead. Not happy at all and after reading more reviews about this sub, this was a HUGE MISTAKE for me to purchase. I really think infinity needs to step up to the plate and do a recall on this product if this is happening to soo many people or better yet AMAZON should not sell this product anymore.

This is my first review on Amazon and it really is horrible that it has to be a negative one. Please people the 21% that are writing this review of this is telling the truth, Please don't waste your $300 on this product I really feel ripped off by a company that I've trusted for years "Infinity".

Not A Happy Camper At All,

Mike
on October 7, 2015
Like several other reviewers, my subwoofer worked decently well for about two years and then started making a popping noise.Today, I was listening to a movie on very low volume as my baby was sleeping in the next room and the subwoofer made an extremely loud screaching noise and stopped working. I never listened to the volume too high or misused it. I problably used it less than 30 minutes per day on avereage. Very disappointing that this has already stopped working. I have a decent subwoofer that is at least 18 years old that still works, but this one barely made it 2 years....
on June 7, 2017
It a little too big for me, but is dose the job.
on March 9, 2015
Wanted a sub woofer for music only, particularly jazz, no video. Paired with my Magnepans. Very pleased with the sound. Right amount of bass, doesn't overpower the speakers and keeps up with the MG-IIs.