Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (Collins Business Essentials) Revised Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 281 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Thousands of books are eligible, including current and former best sellers.
- Look for the Kindle MatchBook icon on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying books. You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles here or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles here.
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App.
- Print edition must be purchased new and sold by Amazon.com.
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
Featured business titles
Sponsored by McGraw-Hill Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
In reply to the few one star reviews...It has been stated in the uncharitable reviews, that the entire content of the book could have been written in a few pages. I agree, at first look, this would seem true. The Harvard Business Review article "Harnessing the Science of Persuasion" by Cialdini, from their October 2001 issue....is a good example. You can even get the Six Principles from the books Table Of Contents...save yourself some time.
But sales ideas have to not just be listed....not just explained...they have to be sold. Examples have to be given, Principles have to be
explained...we need proof. And you need the entire book to do that. The people who read a short article by the author, maybe read the
ideas...but nothing else happens. Salespeople are changed by the content of this book, like with all great sales books. For salespeople to benefit from a sales book, the ideas have to be explained, understood, proven, accepted, and made real. This book does that.
I own perhaps 2,000 books on the subject of selling. This is certainly in the top 5.
Each principle is examined as to its ability to produce a distinct kind of automatic, mindless compliance from people, that is, a willingness to say yes without thinking first. The evidence suggests that the ever-accelerating pace and informational crush of modern life will make this particular form of unthinking compliance more and more prevalent in the future. It will be increasingly important for the society, therefore, to understand the how and why of automatic influence.”
~ Robert B. Cialdini from Influence
This is the classic text on the psychology of persuasion.
Robert Cialdini is a professor of both psychology and marketing at Arizona State University.
In addition to decades of lab experiments, Robert also spent three years in “participant observation”—aka embedding himself as a sort of spy in various organizations to learn the tricks of their trade. He tried everything from selling cars and vacuums to becoming a bus boy at a restaurant so he could learn how waiters do their thing.
The book is simultaneously kind of a consumer protection guide (how not to be duped) AND a manual for marketers (how to sell your stuff!).
Let's jump straight into some the Big Ideas:
1. Know Thy Triggers - One thru six.
2. Influence Yourself - Get your foot in the door.
3. Commitment - Write it. Share it. (WOOP it!)
4. Shocking Truth - Meet Professor Milgram.
5. Stand up - And push back. Exert your influence.
Let’s choose to influence ourselves and others wisely!
More goodness— including PhilosophersNotes on 300+ books in our *OPTIMIZE* membership program. Find out more at brianjohnson . me.
Overall, a useful, book with a good blend of research and entertainment - a handy reference tool if the subject matter interests you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behavior
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behavior
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Motivational