Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Influence 2: The Man I Am
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 20, 2014
Absolutely wonderful collection of classics sung by the king of country music. I always wanted Randy to cover "are the good times really over" and "that's the way love goes" two of Merle Haggard's best songs - and Randy has done them justice.
Each song features Randy's signature baritone vocals...in better shape than ever.

When I saw that the CD included "Sunday Morning Coming Down" one of the best country songs ever written I was so pleased.

Considering Randy's recent tragic health events this is a special treat for his fans. One to hold close to your heart and give a copy to someone you love.

Get well Randy xx
on August 27, 2014
The best cd I have purchased in a while. I always been a fan of Randy's music. This one is special. 90% of the songs on this cd are as good as the original artist if not better. I would love to see additional tracks released of classic country songs.
on September 8, 2014
What country music really is not the pop sound that masquerades as country. Randy is the real thing and takes his place with Merle and George. Every song is great. Let's hope Randy has a full recovery and is able to perform again. Buy buy both volumes.
on September 29, 2014
This album may be even better than "Influence 1." We love Randy Travis and had tickets to see him in Branson when he became seriously ill and the concert at the Andy WilliamsTheater was cancelled. We really enjoy an artist singing old classics like Randy does in both of these "Influence" albums--it gives a fresh perspective on both the song and the singer.
on September 22, 2014
Randy has health issues which, as we all know, are ridiculously expensive,. When Willie ran into money issues, we all ran to buy "The IRS Tapes" to help him out, and we did just that. Now Randy needs our help, and we need to run and buy these two recordings (Vol. 1 from last year). No one today has a voice as "old school" as Randy, so us Traditional Country lovers need to step up. This recording (and tits predecessor, Vol. 1) delivers more than one perfect rendition of 13 country classics worth hearing when sung by anybody, but BEST heard when sung by Randy Travis and his rare and timeless voice. Get well soon!
on January 11, 2015
My husband and I were blessed to have the opportunity to see Randy perform live at Durham's DPAC months before his illness. It's an evening we'll always treasure. When we saw that Randy had released two new CDs, it immediately went on our Christmas list. Both Influence albums are terrific -- age old country tunes by sung by a country legend. If you love Randy and country music, this album is for you.
on August 25, 2014
Loved it an still loving it !!
on December 28, 2014
I find his song selection for vol. 2 more interesting than the songs on vol. 1, so I will probably play this CD more than the previous. Randy Travis is an excellent country singer, but so are his heroes. Although he of course does all these songs justice, I don't think he sings Merle Haggard's two songs on this album better than Merle himself does and he certainly doesn't try to do them differently.
I like the up-tempo rhythm on Sunday Morning Coming Down, which makes it quite a special cover of this song. In my opinion that is the point of doing a cover: To make your own version of it instead of trying to clone the original.
on September 15, 2014
The second release in the Influence series may be a little stronger than the first.

Randy's voice sounds great on these country classics, making it a must have for any collection.
on October 19, 2014
Randy Travis is my favorite singer. Yes he has had troubles but we all have. I keep this CD ready to listen to a long with his gospel songs. Gives you a lift to listen. Sometimes the words sang to you are more meaningful than those spoke to you. Sit back and listen.