Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

VINE VOICEon December 19, 2016
"Influencer - The New Science of Leading Change" is one of the most impactful books I have read this year. I have already recommended it to dozens of clients, colleagues and friends. Authors Joseph Grenny, Kerry Patterson, David Maxfield, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler have drawn from extensive well of global experience of advising companies and leaders in Change Leadership.

The book is a beautifully crafted weaving together of researched principles regarding Influence and Change, highlighted with gripping vignettes that show examples of how these principles have been applied successful, or misapplied unsuccessfully. The stories make this book breathe.

One of the first and best examples is the story of how an employee at Danny Meyer's Gramercy Tavern in New York City noticed that a female patron was distraught as she entered the restaurant. She had inadvertently left her cell phone and purse in the a. She was in a panic. She did not know whom she was supposed to meet, how she would pay for her meal, or how to retrieve her lost belongings. The host immediately went into superhero mode, helping her to find the group she was to join, assuring her that paying for the meal was the least of his concern. He then asked her for her cell phone number, found someone to man the host desk, and went into problem-solving mode. He spent over 30 minutes calling the woman's cell phone, finally reaching the cab driver, who by this time was far away in the Bronx. The Gramercy employee offered to take a cab uptown to meet the driver half way. He did so, retrieved the lost purse and cell phone, and returned to the restaurant before the woman and her group had finished their meals.

Throughout subsequent chapters, the authors point out specific steps that Mr. Meyer had taken along the way to create an ethos and culture in which this kind of extraordinary customer service is expected to be offered by every employee. This book is not only valuable for business leaders and owners, it also contains many examples of how individuals have applied the principles of influence within families and personal relationships.

I look forward to continuing to learn to apply these principles in my own career and life, and look forward to continue recommending this gem to others.
on October 1, 2016
The Influencer: The Power to Change Anything, really opened my eyes to the necessity of changing individuals behaviors, before being able to implement change. The authors did a great job of telling stories and providing real world case studies in which the reader could relate to the strategies and sources provided. Ensuring people believe the change will be worth it, and what is required can be done is key to initializing change. Utilizing the six sources of influence and implementing them during the change process is key to success in change. I could really relate with this book in my day to day life as well in my coaching career. Reading this book has helped me to step back in my coaching career and look at each individual player and not just the team as a whole. Each one is different, and if I want them to change something, I will have to go about do so differently.
on January 18, 2016
A nice quick read with engaging stories mixing failed attempts and positive outcomes to some major issues. The authors have done a good job of weaving the stories throughout the book. The book came around for me at a good time, as I will be undertaking a new business who's success will require changing the mindset of the market to more forward and sustainable thinking (habits). I look forward to sitting down with the question/problem and applying the 6 Sources of Influence Model to our situation and maximizing the opportunity to expand the awareness of the Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet and Profit as it applies to our business and to everyone we connect with.
on February 6, 2016
From the practical stand poing this is a great book to bring about long lasting and positive social change. The authors have identified two key concepts to handle social change: motivation and ability. Then they applied this concepts at three different levels such as: personal, social and structural level.

On the other hand, the authors have offered insightful ideais to bring about personal, social and structural change. On a more specific note, I enjoyed the fact that the authors were realistic by point out that there will be a need to use external reward and they can be positive or negative. I mean it was comforting to learn that sometimes we have punish others to bring about change. It was also noteworthy to realise that one has to be careful while rewarding people expecting them to keep up the good work.

However, from the academic stdandpoint, it is arguable to discuss about influence without dicussing the ethical implications of applying powerful ideas in different contexts.

I strongly recommend this book to everyone irrespective of their current field.
on March 26, 2016
This is one of the best books I am reading. i have not finished reading it but it is really good and i am taking my time to study it. First the print is nice and makes one want to read. Some books may be really good but the print/font and layout makes it look boring, tedious and not interesting. Not only does it help with leadership but it helps with writing. Anyone writing reports, grants and essays would benefit a lot from this book. I recommend high school students, undergraduates, graduates and anyone in positions that require writing teaching to read this. Its not only for people in leadership positions. Most books gloss over but this I am studying carefully.
on September 8, 2013
As a new manager in the field of Disability Managment, I've been looking for strategies to gain the trust and confidence of my new team members. I've been really trying hard to avoid many of the same mistakes that I experienced as a subordinate of other well-intentioned yet misguided managers, however, I have been frustrated by the fact that I have been forced to repeat the same bad behavior.

I picked up the Kindle edition in hopes of gaining some ideas and inspiration for a new approach. Instead, I learn that I might have been overthinking it!

Grenny et al show us the way by pointing to 6 key concepts that enhance the likelihood of our goal attainment, these harness the following:
- Personal Motivation
- Personal Ability
- Social Ability
- Social Motivation
- Structural Ability
- Structural Motivation

Some of the ideas are so simple that it'd be easy to dismiss them and move on. However, the case studies presented by the authors create a compelling and convincing reassurance that sometimes simple is actually better.

I anticipate that I'm going to be relying on this book for years to come. I am already devising ways to make a positive impact in the realm of Disability Management overall (not just my immediate team!) - this book helps me move my thinking out of the "blame the victim" mindset (they're lazy and don't want to work, so they're trying to get on Workers' Comp!) to the mindset that we recognize that there are barriers that work to bar the person's success with their recovery. Clearly, there's work to be done, and Grenny et al offer some great suggestion to help people help themselves!

The thing I appreciate most: it's not a formula - it's a philosophy. Kudos to the authors!
on July 29, 2017
Finished in 2 days!! I picked up and couldn't put it down. The case studies keep you reading, and the best part is you are actually taking in valuable information on making change. We all have the power to change our relationships, careers, etc, this book takes you through relatable approaches for those interested in not just bettering your life but those who interact with you.
Highly recommended this book, the change is inside each person, this book will provide the guidance and tools to make the change stick.
on September 30, 2017
This is a pretty solid book. The authors do a good job explaining how to influence behavior. Great book if you're the leader of your company, school, classroom, community, or if you are planning to address a massive social change. The authors give great examples.

Their basic idea is implementing the ideas of deliberate practice, flow, some of Robbins's material, and others into the concept of influence. Its a smart, quick read. A must for any leader. There wasn't anything mind-blowing per se (if you are up-to-date on the social science books) but still an important read to create and implement change. I took 10 pages of notes in a 300 page book which is above average for me.
on February 24, 2018
Great book. My husband started a book club at his fortune 100 company and the author even agreed to attend the kick off event via Skype for the entire hour or more—and he spoke almost the entire time! We bought the book—-not a freebie! Business people: recommended per my husband who got stuff out of it.
on June 28, 2015
Having worked in the financial industry for over twenty years I've seen several attempts to make major changes at several institutions. All ended with minor improvements and within a few years the original behaviors had returned. With the Financial Crises of the last decade you would expect to see multiple changes, however, were starting to see the same mistakes of the past repeated. After reading this book and completing a postmortem on efforts I've been involved with in the past I have a better picture of where we lost effectiveness in our change efforts. As the authors point out, it's not as simple as choosing a few techniques to drive change, major change requires a deep dive into your employees current behaviors and an extensive plan to change those behaviors. Finally, one crucial aspect the authors pointed out, that I have seen omitted in many less than successful projects, is getting buy-in from your informal leaders. In concluding, most of the information we are aware of, the value in this book is in helping you to formulate a comprehensive plan to drive change at your organization.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.