- File Size: 3801 KB
- Print Length: 186 pages
- Publisher: Ladybut Lit (November 11, 2016)
- Publication Date: November 11, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01MQHISUM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#37,714 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #332 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #345 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- #738 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
|Print List Price:||$7.79|
Save $6.80 (87%)
An Informal Date (Informal Romance Book 4) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
(Though reviews are inherently subjective, I prefer to provide some organization to my opinions through the use of a personal rubric. The following notes may contain spoilers.)
Plot and Setting: 5 -- Plot has many unique elements, no major holes, and a sense of focus. Setting is clear, believable, and consistent. Oh my word! I love it. I'm always a sucker for geeky, socially awkward people falling in love, and this is a great one. A good balance of awkward interactions, confused introspection, and (mostly) confident action. It's adorable, but also has depth. So, pretty much wonderful.
Characters: 5 -- Relatable, realistic, interesting, dynamic characters. Even minor characters have depth, as do the relationships between characters. Owen and Kimi are very different from each other: he's logical, orderly, socially impaired, and a genius; she's a highly social, slightly unconventional, artistic person. Seeing them struggle to understand each other is interesting, and it’s rather adorable when they do start to click and can tease each other, etc. Their families are not major characters, but both Kimi and Owen clearly have loving relationships with parents and/or siblings, and turn to them for help and good advice.
Mechanics and Writing: 5 -- Few, if any, typos, punctuation issues, or word errors. (<3/100pgs) Intelligent use of POV. Skillful writing that adds to the story. Errors include: about 2 mild punctuation issues. POV alternates between Kimi and Owen.
Redeeming Value: 5 -- Well-developed, central, uplifting themes. Sex, alcohol, violence, etc, are not glorified at all. Not even really mentioned. Both Owen and Kimi are generous, thoughtful people, both in their careers and their relationships. Attending church and learning how to follow Jesus more is important to them both. Kimi has concerns about starting a relationship with Owen, but while a few of her concerns are for herself, they're healthy ones, and her deepest worries are for him: will he be able to handle her less-logical approach to life without it destroying who he is and his ability to do good work? Owen shows similar concern for Kimi in his own ways. A good show of emotional and spiritual maturity from 2 very different characters.
Personal Enjoyment: 5 -- I loved it. It made me feel in all the best ways, and leaves me content and satisfied. One I'll definitely read again.
I recommend this book to romance lovers who enjoy a different twist from typical everyday romance characters.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational