- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: TASCHEN; Multilingual edition (May 27, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3836528797
- ISBN-13: 978-3836528795
- Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 1.8 x 14.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 53 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #149,200 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Information Graphics Hardcover – May 27, 2012
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"It is a bold publication that doesn't hide behind all the various examples of graphic design, but [instead] provides a tasteful framework to showcase the many awesome examples of data narrative. It's a book to browse, jump and flip, a publication you will keep in reach for a long time and always go back to enjoy or indeed recharge your design batteries."
About the Author
Sandra Rendgen is an art historian who has worked for both print and interactive media. After completing her studies in Amsterdam and Berlin, she contributed as a picture editor to German magazines and newspapers, such as Vanity Fair, Welt am Sonntag, and to TASCHEN’s Interiors Now! As an editor, she develops interactive media installations for various museums and institutions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only review I would give for criticism would be some of the pages were not trimmed with the registration lines upon shipment. 3-4 pages still have the registration marks and the extra bleed area. It's actually pretty strange, because the rest of the book is very clean cut. But these pages were tucked in the rest of the book. I'm just glad it didn't mess up any other part of it. I may get the guts to trim the rest off one day. For now, it's too pretty to mess with.
I was disappointed but I'm not going to give this book a bad rating. I was hoping for more "commercial" work (real world / agency work / business graphics). But this book is hard core conceptual and alot of visual & information design. It's divided into sections from history and application, nicely color coded. All I wanted was a display of infographics so that I can get my creative juices going. The graphics in this book reminds me of art/design school, not exactly practical.
- Nice cover, gives it the wow factor if you want to display it on your desk. You can tell it's an expensive book.
- Smartly organized and color coded sections
- Includes history + application
- strong in visual & information design
- Few "commercial" or agency work (ie real world or business graphics)
- Heavy and not something you would carry around in your backpack to go to work or school
- The graphics reminds me of design school (which means it's limited in practical use)
Most recent customer reviews
Lot of new infographics I haven't seen before
Be warned not a how-to book
And it's a big...Read more