Ingenuity The Automatic Bouncer, Coco Cafe (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Plastic, Faux-Suede, Metal
- 30 minutes of automatic bouncing that mimics mom's natural motion
- Seat features cradling side supports and removable headrest
- 8 melodies and 3 nature sounds
- Removable, pivoting toy arm with 2 plush toys
- Machine washable
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
WORKS BETTER FOR OLDER BABIES, NOT NEWBORNS. This is simply because the way the seat is designed I was constantly worried about her head tilting down. I ended up putting a little blanket behind her back and that seemed to work, but then I always worry about adding anything to a manufacturer's design because of safety reasons. Since about 2 months this has been my go-to bouncy seat with no blankets needed.
SOFT FABRIC. I mean SO SOFT I wish I could jump in myself and take a nap. It looks and feels like the lap of luxury. Compared to other baby gadgets, the material is of a far superior quality.
I give 5 stars to the seller. The first order the a piece of the base was broken. I quickly received the return shipping label and received the replacement unit.
Upon assembly - discovered that the second unit also had issues. This time it was with the piece that dangles the toys above the seat. The piece would not stay connected to the seat. Fearful that the third unit would also have defects - decided not to send this one back.
Be prepared for issues upon receipt with this unit...
*The fit is great and has been since the first week. She is now 5 weeks an it is still great. It cradles her and helps her feel secure.
*The white noise options for the sound. Best idea ever. Our swing has music, but the bouncer has the option for music, crickets, waves, or a swooshing noise (true white noise). Little girl very much needs that sound to stay asleep and this gives the bouncer a one up over the swing.
*The sounds cut off after around 15-20 minutes. It's not great if I still want it on, but it helps save the batteries.
*The head support could be a little better to support itty bitty babies.
*It stops bouncing randomly sometimes. Not like it timed out (which it will do), but it just stops and then starts back up a few minutes later.
I would probably not pay the full price of $50 for this, but as a pre-owned bouncer or if you could get a sale price on it, it's definitely worth it.
this is nice because it bounces automatically on it's own. but i only gave it 3 stars because there is no 'vibrate' feature.
it would have been so easy for them to add a 'vibrate' feature to this and make this a bouncer/vibration combo. so if your baby isn't crazy about the bouncer, you could try the vibrate feature.
if i had to do it over again, i would look for one that has both 'bounce' feature, plus 'vibrate' feature.
- this is not meant as a heavy bouncing chair; if your child needs a heavier bounce, then get other bouncing chairs which are manual operated. If you manually bounced this, you will hear a loud clicking/thumping sound coming from the controller, as there is a weight in there to create that gentle auto bounce effect
- yes agree with some that this chair may not be suitable for newborns due to the angle of the seat being more upright than a reclined position. I have also a Fisher Price bouncer and my child while a newborn preferred the Fisher Price bouncer over the Ingenuity bouncer because of the reclined position. My child eventually took a liking for the Ingenuity when he could hold his head/neck up and that was around 11-12 weeks old. Each child is different, so you would have to risk it and try. If your child likes the Ingenuity, then good for you!
- the gentle auto bounce is random and not a continuous bounce; sometimes it is a hard bounce (but still gentle), then medium and light bounce. You would not be able to literally see the auto bouncing effect until your child is not moving in the seat (i.e. sleeping), and you can't see the auto bouncing effect when the chair is empty either - Catch 22 there
- I would recommend not to turn on the auto bounce until your child is falling asleep; if you switched it on when he/she is fully awake, you can be sure to be wasting the batteries as the child's movements alone would cause the bounce effect anyway
- the Ingenuity takes 3 C sized batteries. Unable to share how long the batteries can last as it really depends on the usage.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is more like a regular chair and not a bouncy chair as it hardly bounces in auto mode. The music it plays is also average. My child just refuses to sit on this. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Aziz
Nice product. I did not use the music feature much. The bouncing feature was just enough when my baby was very young.Published 17 months ago by Cutebaby
The pieces didn't fit together - the holes didn't line up. Returned.Published 19 months ago by Sharon Reece
This barely bounces and it is basically just a place to set your baby when you need to be hands free. My 6 week old is already bored with this product! Read morePublished 21 months ago by Sarah
Really nice, great set up, does everything it says. Only complaint is that the toys that dangle down can't be removed so adding a baby favorite really isn't the easiest option.Published 22 months ago by Elizabeth Webb
This bouncer serves it's purpose. My daughter Likes it for a little bit then she gets bored. The bounce feature is nice. Read morePublished 23 months ago by LitaaBee
Had to send it back. The pieces didn't fit. My daughter ordered another one for my granddaughter but sent it back too. Read morePublished 24 months ago by mel
This seat makes a loud clicking noise every time it bounces even though I assembled it according to the instructions. The bounce feature is also quite weak. Read morePublished on July 13, 2014 by mamaknowsbest411