Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 28, 2014
I actually misordered this when I bought it, I intended to get the QTi but irregardless I haven't looked back. It's mighty strong (yes, it will pull off *most* Honda crank bolts although I've met some H-crnk bolts that no 1/2" would tackle and alternative methods were required) and very light. Thankfully it's not unduly loud (certainly more tolerable than the shop-jerk Thundergun). The guy in the next service bay down liked it so much when he tried it he ordered one the next day. I recommend getting the Ingersoll protective boot and a care kit when you buy it (all available from amazon) for a complete package sans air fitting (which any decent shop will provide you one compatible with their air system). Oil it regularly and like any air tool for godsakes don't drop it all the time and it'll last you a long long time. For naysayers about the dropping thing any polymer bodied impact is more fragile than it's alloy bodied brethren (comes with the lightness), and if you're treating your expensive air tools like that you obviously have more money than sense.
5 people found this helpful
on November 17, 2013
I purchased the Ingersoll-Rand 2135TiMAX 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench for my husband a couple of YEARS ago from Amazon. With over $50,000 in tools, mainly Snap-On and Matco, I am well aware that 'you get what you pay for'. My husband has always appreciated the quality of Ingersoll-Rand and had one of these previously, that he had for several years before it finally gave way. It was almost as expensive to repair as it was to just purchase a new one.

My husband is a heavy equipment mechanic working on large pieces of machinery such as combines, excavators, diesel engines and the large industrial machines. He swears by his Ingersoll-Rand impact wrench and will use nothing but. It's very light-weight in comparison to most quality impact wrenches and has a soft comfort grip to relieve the impacts on your joints in your wrists, elbows and shoulders!

If you are looking for a great impact wrench then I strongly suggest you try the Ingersoll-Rand 2135TiMAX 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench!
5 people found this helpful
on July 3, 2015
it says that it does something like 780 ftlbs of max torque but I think it might do more I have it on the lowest setting and it pulls lug nuts off like nothing, by far way more powerfull than my craftsman pneumatic and my kobalt electric impact. most of all it puts down the torque well. Ive had a lot of impact guns that are very jerky when trying to pull a bolt of this does it with so much ease it seems effortless. really happy with this impact. It also it kinda small so its a little easier to use than some of its bulkier brothers. overall a very nice impact gun and got it here for half the price than most stores and way less than the matco and snap-on truck could get it for.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 11, 2012
This impact gun is absolutely awesome. Ingersoll-Rand makes some of the best air tools on the market, and this impact gun could very well be the best 1/2" gun they make. I absolutely love it. This is the second one that I have purchased.

I personally prefer IR to Snap-on. Snap-on air tools have horrible air control. They are not as ergonomic, and the triggers are horrible. When you use the tool, you either get all or nothing, but nothing in between. That is why I love IR. Their air tools have wonderful air control, and would buy just about anything they make. About the only air tool that some one else makes better is the air hammer. I think CP has the market cornered on that one, but their top of the line .401" air hammer is about $500-$800us, depending where you buy it from.
on April 24, 2014
I don't use it everyday but as a serious DIYer I do like to have nice tools. This gun has performed great for me since I bought it in 2011. It is pretty compact, moreso than most 1/2" guns I have handled, and is very lightweight. This is nice if you are jacking your car up rather than using a lift and have to hold the gun over your head because there is not enough room underneath the car for both your body and the gun (yes that's from experience). I have had trouble getting some stuck bolts off (exhaust, axle, etc.), and I have learned that the claimed max torque specs on these guns is highly exaggerated or at least does not necessarily translate into real world use, but all the manufacturers do that. I ended up getting a 3/4" gun which breaks off as many bolts as it unscrews, but gets the job done when this one cannot. I recommend getting the rubber/vinyl/whatever cover for this too as you will start chipping it when you lay it on the concrete otherwise. No problems with this tool yet in terms of needing to rebuild parts, etc.
on December 20, 2015
IR has always made nice air tools. The gun is light weight, durable, and has lots power! I'm an auto tech, so my impact gets used 5 days a week for hours on end. Just like other air tools, you should oil it everyday, grease it now and then. I also got the matching boot which helps for drops and etc. I havn't had to turn it above lowestate setting g for wheels and what not. Half of what the same gun cost off the tool truck, which most of those are made by ir.
on December 11, 2011
Title says it all. Been abusing this thing for 7 straight months now. Only casualty has been the retaining clip/ring on the end of the drive that is supposed to hold the socket in place. I had a Snap-On 1/2"-to-3/8" reducer get stuck on several times, requiring a hammer to remove it. Over time this weakened & distorted the clip, which I eventually removed & tossed. Just have to remember to hold on to the sockets now, otherwise they'll slide right off & disappear. Other than that, this thing is EXACTLY as advertised. LOTS of power, and lighter than anything I've ever used in my 20+ years of turning wrenches. My neighbor just had me order one for him here on Amazon, after he used mine and was amazed at the light weight & power. The price, while a bit steep, isn't too bad when you factor in that you'll be able to use this thing for 10 years non stop (as long as you maintain it - read: OIL IT). It's very loud, but there's a quiet version of this out there for those who don't mind ponying up the extra dough for that feature - wasn't worth it to me. I'm very satisfied, with the exception of that ring. I had a $65 Campbell-Hausfield that I used for 8 straight years & still has the ring on the end - and it still works. I'll probably steal it & make it work on this Ingersol gun. You really notice the weight when holding the 2 side by side. I wonder how the heck I dealt with it before! Feels like a chunk of lead! Can't ever go back now!
11 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 1, 2015
Amazing gun. Everyone wants to use my gun in the shop since its massively powerful.. to break things loose that their guns cannot. I reluctantly let them, but I do since I can trust its durability. Also, its SO Lightweight! Using or picking up anyone else's impact guns is just disappointing, and I look forward to using this gun everytime I need to. I keep it on half power for 90% of its work. The direction buttons are NOT confusing, and the Power adjustment is obvious and straightforward. Just get one. Or two? That way you can dual wield / akimbo.
on May 26, 2015
I bought this gun a few months ago as a starter gun and man am I impressed. This is my first air impact, and I did alot of research before buying it. I really like the fact that this one is the quiet version, but it does not sacrifice any power. I've removed lug nuts with this, shoch absorber colt, crank pulley bolts, and this thing has always been able to take anything i've thrown at it, while still being super quiet too. One thing I will add is that I heard that these guns seem to work best with the IR brand air tool grease, and that's what i've been using since I bought it and haven't had any problems yet!
on November 28, 2014
bought to retire a snap on im6500hp. Decided on the 2135qtimax because the snap on mg725 was $490, and one of my favorite things about the im6500hp was the muffler. It has enough power for most things but for certain things like removing a crankshaft pulley bolt on a Honda, don't bet on it. The mg725 is definitely more powerful proven on several occasions. Also the Cronwell cat4150 is more powerful. It is nice working with quiet, lightweight, composite tools.