Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 18, 2008
If you want a lightweight, kick-butt impact gun for heavy duty work, this is it. I've tried more than a few, this beats a lot of 1" guns as far as power goes. It's small enough to fit in limited spaces, and with a 1/2" hose, is strong enough for tough truck work. I use mine daily on dual wheel trucks and buses and have had no problems with it since I've owned it. I got a great price and saved alot of $! Its light weight certainly makes it very manageable so it won't wear you out. Highly recommended!
on January 15, 2012
I received this IR 2141 3/4" Wrench in excellent time from the shipper. I believe an updated model was being released, so I purchased this at a little discount. I set it up with 1/2" id air hose & Milton "G" 1/2" couplers. Note, the gun inlet fitting is 3/8" fpt. We have used this IR 2141 on two tractor repairs and one tillage disk repair with 1" and bigger bolts. It handled them fine. Its a handy size and weight. I can't comment on durability since the wrench is a recent purchase, but I own several smaller IR composite body guns that have been bulletproof for farm equipment maintenance.
on March 30, 2010
I bought the impact wrent to replace an 10 year old ingersoll impact that was just worn out. I put it through the paces of a very tough undercarriage rebuild of a JD 330LC excavator and it did not even come close to letting me down. The power is immense and could not ask for user friendly operation. The noise level is not deffening by anymeans. I would recomend it to anyone who is in need to a great strong 3/4 inch drive impact gun.
on October 6, 2008
This is a great product. It is light weight, solidly built, and has plenty of power.
on February 5, 2013
What can I say...its an IR. We love our IR tools. Note that IR builds tooks for many of the other companies (Mac, Snap-On, Craftsmaster, etc.) IR tools normally hold up to the wear we put on them. No need to pay more money for a name as IR has always stood behind the tools we purchased.
on March 28, 2016
No it was not what I expected It was a very very used tool , Was disappointed
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2014
Great Impact gun. I bought it to remove Detroit Diesel head bolts and suspension bolts. The gun still works great and costs half the price as snap on. The only recommendation I have for those who buy it, also buy the cover boot to protect it.
on September 21, 2008
Got this impact wrench for specifically one purpose. That was to attempt removing the crankshaft pulley bolt on my Honda Accord 2.2L. Anyone who has tried to remove this bolt (read the forums) will tell you, that it can be as difficult to remove as any fastener out there. I bought the crankshaft pulley holding tool (a must, which does a great job keeping the crankshaft/harmonic balancer in place) and tried to breaker bar the bolt off as per many recommendations out there. Well, I had a cheater bar on the thing and nearly snapped the 1/2 drive off. I have done that before, and the breaker would've definitely have snapped first. I tried my impact (~400 ft-lbs, no luck). I then got my hands on the IR 2135 titanium 1/2 drive (up to 780 ft-lbs) no luck.

I was then was backed into a corner with my car on jackstands for nearly a week. I ordered IR 2141. It has a 3/4 drive, so it took a while finding a 3/4 drive 19 mm impact socket (only one auto part store in Atlanta had it, and only at one of their stores-NAPA). I put the IR 2141 on that bolt with the air from my Craftsman 33 gal compressor and hit that bolt hard. In the first split second nothing, then a slight movement, then the bolt spun completely right out. Took a total of 1-2 seconds --amazing! No cracked breaker bars or having to torch bolts.

The IR 2141 made that part of the job easy. I highly recommend this tool. Now if I can only finish the rest of it...
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 12, 2007
Been using this gun(2141) for a few months now. The performance is unlike any other. Have been using a Large 1 inch format gun (cheapie Chinese jobs) with a rating of 1600 lbs of torque. While that gun is strong indeed, the 2141 does the same in a small format (Chinese gun is 38 lbs). When you are working with very heavy things all day it is nice to get a break at some point, this gun is a dream.

I use this to pull off lugs on heavy tractors and trailers, both inboard and outboard type wheels. While it may be a tight squeeze on some wheels because it lacks the two to six inch extension of the large guns, it does manage to fit in and get on the lugs. Also, I find that the 3/4 sockets are easier to find and cheaper than 1 inch. Although I do maintain a full range of the 1 inch sockets anyhow (Hey, I already own them)

I had one occasion where a lug just wouldn't move so I saved it for last, let the compressor fill up, tried again and it still didn't come off. A moment later I realize I had the gun on the lowest setting. Changed the setting and Blaaappp, the lug was off. So the gun was removing lugs at the lowest setting. These are heavy lugs that are usually put on at the highest setting, so the 2141 removed 9 out of 10 at the lowest setting.

Additionally, because of the small format, the gun fits where that larger gun wont. I have used it in engine cavities where you cant fit a breaker bar as well.

I would recommend buying this gun as a mainstay for most heavy stuff and buy the cheap 1" gun for $100 as a backup if at all
on January 28, 2009
This thing is strong. 1200 ft lb of torque compared to the 261 model with 1100. The 261 is mega heavy compared to this one too.

Keep in mind, standard shop air hoses are only 1/4", and really don't provide the cfm needed to run this tool. If that's what you have to use, you can hit it for a few seconds, let the hose fill back up, hit it again, or spring for a fatter hose. Their website recommends 1/2".

I paid about 380 for mine, now looks like the best deal amazon has is 390, compared to 388 for the 261. I recall getting the 261 for 325 about 10 years ago.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.