BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2015
Good quality and ingersoll rand always had a name for itself, and used their impact guns a lot at work, now I got me the 231c for daily work, it's awesome, great buy can't beat the price
review image
on May 14, 2016
only used a few times so far but I'm really impressed with how it works so far and feel or a heavy quality tool. I took off car tires on the number one setting, very low setting for this gun pounded a little then right off. getting to know how to set air presser takes a little getting used to as it changes from left to right. Directions are in the little book they sent along although very small print and not much other info. Can't weight to try it out on something large and tough as I believe this will work very well. It's made in china but seems to has good quality. Add on. I replaced the front A Arms on my 2006 chev last week and the impact wrench Shure made live a lot easer then without it. Impact worked supper well and still looking for something bigger to try it out on. Wish I had it a long time a go ( girls get your man one for birthday or x mas he will like it a lot )
on May 21, 2015
I love this thing and can't believe I didn't buy one of these earlier in my car career. Anyway, I use it to change tires and it breaks lug nuts like a hot knife through butter. No more annoying battery powered impact wrenches running out of juice. And, with the adjustable torque, I was able to set the forward gear to stop around 80 ft-lbs so I could hand torque to 90. This thing is a work of art and feels great in the hand. I am using it with a small, Makitka 2hp, 2.6 gallon, 3.3 CFM@ 90PSI compressor and it works just fine for me. As with all impact tools, use ear protection.
on December 9, 2011
There are a whole lot of impact wrenches on the market and it's difficult to choose. This one has the power and the price combination that I was looking for. As soon as it came in, I had a need for it... A Broken U-bolt on a hay van, a sheared roll pin on a tetter, and a flat tire on the tractor. I have the power setting in the middle and didn't have a problem with any of the jobs. Made my work a lot easier and faster. I didn't give this review 5 stars only because I just got the tool and haven't had it long enough. If in ten years I am still as happy with it, then I'll give it the fifth star.
on October 13, 2017
Used this recently to do a wheel bearing replacement. Did a great job removing my lugs off of my 4x4. Gave the axle nut and hub bolts a quick shot of pb, waited for my 175 psi, 30 gallon oil less compressor to fill up, and zipped off the axle nut and hub bolts like nothing. I tried the axle nut with a breaker bar just prior and I could not get it to budge. I'm glad to own this impact. Ingersoll Rand impacts have yet to fail me at home and at work as an industrial mechanic.
on July 14, 2013
This was my first impact wrench purchase. Out of the box, it's heavy and well made. Instructions are the most basic you've ever seen, so look around online or ask a friend if you don't know what you're doing.

There are different power torque settings for forward and reverse, and it's a little ambiguous as to what setting you're actually on sometimes.

The first time I used it, I put it on the highest reverse setting to take the lugs of the wheels of my truck. I think I had all four tires off in less than 60 seconds. Going back on, I wasn't sure how powerful the torque was going forward, so I used the 3 and tightened by hand afterwards. I was able to tighten about 1/2 a turn, so I'll probably turn it up to 4 next time and see how it goes.

IR makes good impact sockets too, so pick up a set when you're buying this gun. I put quick connects on my hoses, impact wrench, socket wrench, air inflation nozzles and it makes changing out tools a snap. I'm very pleased with this purchase and would buy again.

Final note - neighbors get very jealous when they hear the sound of an impact wrench going off on a Saturday morning. I saw a couple looking out the windows while I was rotating tires :D
on May 17, 2015
cheap simple and durable. works as it should. the power is comparable to much more expensive guns. it is pretty heavy. its also loud but not the loudest in the shop. but the biggest thing is that the exhaust points right at your work area so brake dust, dirt, rust, tiny metal shavings all get blown back at you. it is a heavy and simple Ingersoll rand so it will most likely last as long as you. my next gun will be a little lighter and have a handle exhaust.
on June 13, 2015
WOW! After several knuckle busting hours trying to get the blades off my riding mower, using wrenches, cheater bars, penetrating oil, my old power wrench, and every cuss word in my extensive potty mouth vocabulary, I decided to bite the bullet and buy this. I figured the price was cheaper and less of a hassle than taking my mower in to get it worked on. WELL... I put it on the nut.. hit the trigger and BAM! Done! The first nut came off so quickly I was sure that I'd stripped it, but low and behold it was off in an instant. Went to the second bolt and same thing... milliseconds. I wish I'd saved myself the hours of frustration and torture and went this route first. Really heavy duty, well made tool. It probably won't get a lot of use, but I'll be grateful to have it on hand when I need it.
on January 10, 2014
This is my first impact wrench, and I absolutely love it. Using it with a Senco PC1131 4.3 gallon air compressor, which had a SCFM rating of 4.4 (this tool needs 4.2 and max out at 90 psi)

The handling is great, there is not much vibration to be felt while the tool is hammering on the bolts. I also like the fact that both Forward and Reverse power is fully adjustable, with a feathering trigger, which is really important when I don't want bolts came off flying.

When taking out lug nuts, the compressor kicks in every 5-6 bolts, and it's really got amazing continuous torque.

I made a custom rubber grip for it using bicycle inner tubes, which further reduced vibration, and added a lot of grip to the handlebar.

Highly recommended. I don't think you can find any other tool that have this much true torque and adjustable power for a lower price.
on February 16, 2015
Great addition to the garage--have already used repeatedly to change tires with a small 2gallon air compressor without any problems whatsoever. Instructions suck, but it's relatively straightforward. Don't forget that you need teflon tape and the connector, and buy a little bottle of tool oil so it will last for years to come (feed it a few drops through the air intake before/after each use).

It would be better with a really good air compressor, but I'm able to just run mine up to 100psi and this works like a charm to loosen/tighten lug nuts. Seems to have been built solid and expect it to last for years to come with home auto-maintenance use.

Pair this with a "Torin T83006 3 Ton SUV Service Jack" (that works for both my 06 Acura TL and 04 Toyota Highlander) and the two will pay for themselves by not having to pay for tire rotations.