BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 25, 2017
I bought one of these bad to the bone impacts over a year ago, and it's still running strong. I did manage to drop it from about 8ft! Almost shed tears, luckily I registered it through IR found a local IR dealer and had it repaired for free one year after purchase. One of my co-workers was bragging up a storm about the Mack version he bought from the truck, I quickly made him regret the poor over priced decision he had made when I took I a lug off of one of our box trucks when his couldn't get the job done! Then even better I put the lug back on with my IR and his Mack couldn't get it break free! I think he lost a little pride that day. Now to save up to purchase the New 3/8" cordless IR has, can't wait! IR has my business from now on, don't forget to register your tools with Ingersoll.
on September 30, 2016
Very strong electric impact. Had one with the 3ah batteries before, and it lasted about 3 years in the shop before the trigger went out. Ordered this so I could bring the other one to use at home. has as much power as snap-on for less money. Parts, however, are more difficult to find.
on December 4, 2016
This driver is amazing! Bought it to remove/replace wheel nuts on our RV, which are torqued at 470 ft-lbs, and it just removes them as if they were not there. Replacing them with a torque stick at 470 ft-lbs, but the driver isn't even breathing hard. A great improvement over 3/4" breaker bar and cheater pipe!
on January 28, 2017
Good item, will round the best of impact sockets if not the correct size or not on 100%, ooops. So I'd say it's a Beast of an impact, will do what you need in the 1/2 in arena, no problems.
on July 12, 2017
This is a must have tool for any home mechanic! It cut my work time by more than half!
It comes with two batteries, but honestly one charge will last you for a whole day of work!

It's very strong. I can jack up my car and use it to undo the wheels in a few seconds!

Be sure to pair it with IMPACT sockets (I bought Craftsman impact socket set and I'm very happy with it).

Owning this tool makes me proud!
on June 17, 2017
This cordless impact is 3x as heavy as my ti max 1/2 air impact and is about 2x stronger paired with the 20v 5ah battery. I only use this to destroy stubborn bolts out. I NEVER use this to tighten anything in fear of bodily damage to the vehicle and persons nearby. Worth every penny though the high price. I use daily the 3/8 cordless impact / 3/8 cordless ratchet with 1.5ah batteries all day. Charge is great under heavy use on the smaller models, also lighter then this 15lb 1/2 with battery.
on January 4, 2017
Haven't run into a bolt that this thing won't take out.
on November 15, 2016
I use this impact everyday for work and its been great. It has broken nuts loose when other impacts cant. The batteries usually last me a week with constant use, but i suggest getting 2 batteries so your not in the middle of a job. It has helped me out a lot as i dont always have an air compressor with me. It is a bit heavier than a normal impact, but you dont notice it that much. Highly reccomend this impact!
on December 19, 2014
Holy s***..this is the most powerful cordless impact gun that I've owned .yes this is better than my overprice snap on gun guaranteed. .i am a mechanic so far no complaints what so ever!! Price is also great,well made carrying case..i won't ever buy anything but Ingersoll rand when comes to air or battery power impact tools.
on April 1, 2015
One of my first tests was removing rusty 1-1/2" lug nuts on a 26' former Roadway 18 wheeler trailer now used for storage. It had been decommissioned from road use at least 15 years ago, perhaps longer. This gun took them off with no struggle to speak of. I wish I had made a video.

Update: My second real test has been to remove head bolts on an 18 year old, 167,000 mile Ford Escort. It removed all except one with no effort whatsoever and the final holdout took maybe 30-60 seconds of hammering off and on...I hit it a little bit, moved on to another bolt, came back to it, hit another bolt, and so on and so forth until I had no other bolts remaining and just sat on it for maybe 15 seconds straight. No real problem, considering 60 seconds really isn't a very long time. It only feels like it when you're scared to death that the stud will snap off at any given moment. I had approximately half a charge (probably less considering the inaccuracy of basic LEDs indicators) and when I was finished I had one LED still lit. I don't know if this is considered high or low battery consumption but since I have the two battery kit, they charge fast, I broke a head bolt on another Escort with a breaker bar, and my old HF impact would never have done the job in the first place, I am okay with this.

This gun is definitely earning its keep. When you factor in the nonexistent need for a hose, fittings, and big air compressor, the price isn't really that high.