Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Inglesina 2011 Fast Table Chair, Marina
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on March 9, 2011
love love love LOVE the inglesina fast table chair! i bought this product after researching several travel high chairs and finally settled on this one. i am not disappointed at all! here's why i preferred the inglesina high chair over the others that i looked at:

1. even when folded, the chicco travel high chair is too large for my liking
2. the phil & teds travel high chair has too little padding and has material that cannot be taken off cleaning. how can someone make a children's product that cannot be cleaned properly?!!!
3. the regalo portable hook-on chair does not fit tables with skirts which renders the product useless to me
4. i considered several space-saver high chairs, but found them too bulky for travel

the inglesina chair is just perfect! the seat back is well padded. the seat has enough room for my 8 month old to use for a few years, yet is very comfortable for him to sit in. the seat has a convenient pocket in the back that i use for storing his bibs and spare pacifiers. it is large enough to hold a bottle of milk as well, once i hook the chair onto a table. this hook-on chair comes with it's own carry bag, which is conveniently attached to and stows away in a pocket at the seat bottom. i love the fact that the carry bag is attached - it is super useful for forgetful people like me! once collapsed, this high chair has a very small footprint and is easy to store anywhere. it is light and easy to carry, yet very sturdy in it's construction. it is very big plus that the fabric just snaps off the frame for easy cleaning. i have not had to do this as yet - i just wipe down the chair and it is as good as new! on a different note, i love the mandarino color combination - it makes a bold, yet chic statement and is gender neutral. my husband and i receive many many compliments on this high chair wherever we go.

i would highly recommend the inglesina fast table chair to everyone looking for a travel high chair that can grow with the child or for daily use as well once the child is able to sit up unassisted.
on June 24, 2011
I did quite a bit of research before deciding to purchase this chair. The factors I considered were:

-Value for the money
-Compact-ness (folded size & weight)
-Versatility
-Aesthetics
-Safety & comfort

This meets or exceeds all my expectations on every point. This is a good looking chair, it's well designed & has a variety of attractive color choices. So far, it's securely fit every table it's been used on. We've attached it to a table with no skirt, about 2.5" in thickness, a table with a large skirt that we had to use the lip of the table top, and a table with a 3" skirt that we were able to get the hooking component around.

It's less compact than the Phil & Ted's Me Too, BUT it has more padding and structure. For me, that was the Fast Chair's only opponent on that point. Even though it is larger when folded and weighs more, it is worth it for the overall quality & comfort of the chair.

The storage bag is in a pocket of the chair and is connected. You can't lose it, and it's really simple to put into the bag. I haven't quite figured out what you could use the additional pocket for (possibly spare eating utensils for baby?), but it is a nice feature.

This is a great chair for the money and in my opinion, negates the need for a large, space-consuming high chair. It has completely replaced that chair in our house. Originally, we made this purchase based on a trip we'll be taking where we will carry the chair in a backpack to use at various restaurants on our vacation, but I've been pleasantly surprised that it works just as well in our home.

It's absolutely a top-notch product when compared to the features of similar chairs (Regalo Easy Diner, Phil & Ted's Me Too, & the Chicco hook-on). The Phil & Ted's Lobster seems very comparable...except for the price.

The con:
-It does take some time to twist the clamps when installing on a table. It's not ridiculous, just longer than I wish it took.

This chair gets 5 stars from me, it's worth every penny.
on January 26, 2011
I love this chair! It is very easy to use. I keep it attached to our dining room table until we go to a restaurant and I take this with us. I have yet to find a table that we haven't been able to attach this to. It seems comfortable for the baby and easy to clean. It's made of very sturdy materials, it folds up easily and I slip it into a bag to carry it.

I wish I had known about this chair with my daughter! It's so nice not having a bulky high chair taking up space and when we go to a restaurant, I don't have to worry about putting my baby in a germy, dirty high chair with a broken strap. Love this color combo too! I like that the weight limit has been increased for the 2011 line so I can continue to use it a lot longer. I highly recommend getting one.
on September 8, 2011
We have preemie twins who were too small to sit in the typical wooden restraunt highchairs. We needed something easy to use, convient to carry and would fit them now and in the future. After much research and comparison of competitors chairs we chose this one.

Here is why we bought this chair:

1. Fits babies well: Supportive padded seat, safety belt adjusts small enough to keep them snuggly seated yet PLENTY of room to grow, seat sits deep and comes up on the side of them quite high, offering great side support. I don't feel like they will topple out.
2. Super convient: Easy to set up, folds complact, light weight yet sturdy, easy to disassemble and wash.
3. Fits most tables with skirts: YES IT DOES!!! Some reviewers report problems getting this chair to fit tables with skirts. (I believe it may be operator error that is the problem!) Our table at home as almost a 5 inch skirt and it fits great.
(To place on a skirted table: screw open the arms two or three inches, then tip the chair so the back is parallel to the floor. Slide the opening UP the skirt toward the table top, then ROTATE the chair slowly into to the usual sitting position. Tighten and you are ready to go. It is not hard at all!!)

Some things to consider when purchasing.
1. No chair fits every table. This is no different, however we have only found 3 tables it did not fit. Two were round table and technically did fit, just not well enough to use safely. We have sucessfully used this chair on 25+ different types of tables.
2. Chair needs a little maintenance to keep it operating well. With frequent use the arm screws become difficult to turn. A little machine oil works to keep them turning freely.
3. A bit of a puzzle to reassemble the first time. It only take a time or two for practice then it seems pretty simple.
on September 23, 2011
I bought this based on the reviews, and perhaps it IS much better than all its competitors, but I have never used another clamp-on high chair seat. It is well designed, sturdy, and attractive (the mandarino looks bad in the photos but looks GREAT in person).

Here is what I didn't like:

Many tables are not heavy enough for this. My child is 23 lbs. and we tried this chair out at a few restaurants and friends' houses that didn't have high chairs. The tables ranged from heavy wood (skirt/lip of table didn't allow us to put this on full depth - so, not secure), to outdoor cafe tables (way too light - he would have immediately pulled the whole table over on him and been SEVERELY hurt, sitting still. In a couple of these cases we put a chair under him and stacked many pillows under the high chair). I would say the MAJORITY of tables had this problem, including our smaller home dining table (our larger one would probably be fine). This is the main reason we could not keep it.

Our 9.5 month-old son HATED this. He is very easygoing and loves to eat. He would buck, squirm, and scream to get out of this. It looked comfortable. I'm not sure why. For reference, his normal home high chair is the Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care Booster Seat.

The system for turning (and turning, and turning..) the handles to tighten their grip on the table was very frustrating. It took FOREVER - perhaps a hundred turns - to do this. Why? This was not only annoying, my wrists got tired, and you look stupid doing it at a restaurant. We both ended doing it, to save time.

The rubber that grips tables looks well-chosen to not mar them, but did leave minor marks on several tables.

If you need a travel high chair (going someplace like France, where they barely exist!), this may be the best one out there. But we will take our chances and use boosters, strollers, hold the baby, whatever. Not this.
on February 19, 2011
I originally ordered the Phil&Ted's Metoo chair, but found the design to be clumsy, especially since the seat cover is permanently fixed to the frame. But the biggest reason for my return was because the harness was too big and therefore useless for my baby. Compared to Phil&Ted's version, the Inglesina Fast Table chair has:

- built in travel bag that you'll never lose
- removable washable seat cover
- plastic/rubber covered parts of the frame that touch the table, great because the surfaces in contact with the table are larger and grippy-er than the Metoo
- large knobs to tighten against the underside of the table - easy to grip unlike the little knobs on the Metoo

I think this Inglesina Fast Table chair is great, the only drawback is its weight. So far we are using the Fast Table at home so our baby can join us at the dining table as well as other areas of the house. We haven't carried it out much, but I can see that toting it, a wiggly baby and a diaper bag can be a bit of a drag if you are by yourself.
on July 30, 2011
on September 23, 2011
We have a 4'' table skirt, which is about 2.5'' inches in from the edge of our table. This seat does attach, but the U-shaped bars underneath don't go around the skirt - they are not large enough. The seat does attach securely with the U-bars in front of the skirt, but there is a sizable gap between it and the table - a gap large enough to drop a sippy cup through, food, etc.. big mess down below. I wish the U-shaped bars could be a little larger, then maybe my baby could really sit right up to the table instead of being suspended near it.

I am impressed with the quality of this product and how securely it attaches - it seems perfectly safe. Will probably keep it and put a crumb catcher below my son when he eats.
on June 21, 2011
Most of the reviews cover the pluses of this chair - removable cover for washing, built in travel bag, storage pocket and deep arms to use on tables with aprons. I especially love the color selection. The Mandarino color is a vibrant fun orange. The chair is fixed on our dining room table at home, but we've taken it out to restaurants and traveled with it to NYC. The chair folds flat enough to put in the bottom of a carry on suitcase or in the basket of a stroller. It's a big too big to carry in our diaper bag. We have the Skip Hop Duo Deluxe, which is a smaller diaper bag, but I suppose it's possible to carry it a larger diaper bag if you really want.

As with any baby product, be watchful when your child is in the chair, especially if your child is crazy strong like mine. My bouncing and kicking little ox BROKE a table made of solid reclaimed wood while in this chair. Because of this, I would say to always have a regular chair underneath the high chair, or if possible, place the high chair over the bench side of a booth.
on June 5, 2011
it's a nifty little self contained seat, which is what I like. The attached bag for travel is a great design feature as is the nice little pocket at the back of the chair. The clips that secure the child are a bit hard to get to when our little guys is in it (and wiggling around trying his best to subvert your attempts at locking him down.) We also have the Fisher Price Booster that we use at home, and it's much easier to clip him into that chair than this one.

Basically we got this chair for travel and for eating out, so it's a nice light weight, easily folded down feeding chair, BUT we haven't been able to use it everywhere. Our little guy is pretty strong so if the table isn't a heavy weight, four legged, stable table, when he wiggles, he jiggles the whole table and drinks and anything else that is close to full go spilling all over the place. This seat also doesn't work well w/ our dining room table at home since we have this additional piece of wood under the table where the legs are attached, so the seat's attachments aren't able to go in as deep as they should, creating this strange space b/n baby and table (where food then is dropped to the floor).

When we were able to use the chair, I was grateful for having it especially after all the restuarants that we've been to w/ broken or dirty high chairs.

So the jury is still out for this family as to the value of the chair, I'm just glad we didn't pay full price (i.e. 50) for it, makes the chair just a little more worth it to know we got it for less than full regular retail. I was also glad that we opted for this chair over the P&T chair - as the P&T recall came out just shortly after we made our purchase - phew!

I'd say, buy this knowing that when you can use it, it's great, but like all these attachable chairs, you'll probably only be able to use it half of the time you'd like/need to.