Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on October 2, 2009
An absolutely amazing set of books. I could easily leave it at that and hope readers will take my word, but for the sake of it, I'll say a little more.

Paolini is a prodigy of the fantasy genre if ever there was one. It is an wonder that, having started Eragon at age fifteen, the series has come out as wonderful as it is. The trilogy (with a fourth book coming sometime in the future) follows a young adolescent, Eragon, in a fantasy world of elves, dwarves, and of course, dragons. Eragon's quest begins when he mysteriously receives what he believes to be a valuable blue stone that turns out to be an extremely rare, almost extinct dragon egg. From there he must fight, and sometimes flee, the wrath of an evil king who has held Eragon's world in an iron grip for far too long. On the way he makes powerful friends, enemies, and uncovers his own shrouded past.

If you're looking for good, strong, well-written fantasy, this is the place to go. Paolini creates a world with a history, governed magic, and ancient languages possibly bested only by Tolkein-a world that you should not miss out on if you are at all a fan of the fantasy genre.
on January 8, 2009
The Eragon series is an epic story about a farm boy in a world called Alegesia. When I first read Eragon and Eldest, the first two books in the series, I thought this was extremely similar to George Lucas's first two star Wars movies and became very skeptical of Christopher Paolini's series. I know that there were a number of reviews written by readers early on which accused Paolini of plagiarism because of the similarities to "Star Wars" and "the Empire Strikes Back", however after reading Brsinger, I have changed my opinion and enjoyed the story tremendously.

It seems that Paolini has done some research into battle strategies, sword making and metallurgy, and some other things which he has expertly weaved in. Subsequently, this has really enriched the overall story, making everything seem more realistic. The story has evolved into intertwining story lines, elaborate plots and mysterious past events which are finally being brought to light.

Not only is the story being extended to a fourth and final book, which I think fans of the series will be happy about, but the third book sheds light on Eragon's family and his destiny. Now that all of the ground work has been laid, the fourth book should be a climatic read. If you like magic, dragons, mysterious worlds and stories of epic battles, you'll enjoy this series.
on January 20, 2014
I had expected a "box", given the title included "Boxed Set", That was a bit disappointing. Plus my son saw where the 2" round special edition sticker had been removed. But these WERE used items, sooo... I shrugged my shoulders on both counts.

Other than that - it was a great price for the hard covers with paper covers intact. My son LOVED this series.
Delivery was timely - helpful at Christmas-time!
on August 10, 2015
I am a late comer to this series. I am amazed that the author was so young when he wrote his first book. Love the dragons' point of view. Paolini pays homage to Tolkein and Star Wars. Looking forward to finishing the series by reading Inheritance. I am an avid fantasy fan. Enjoyed it a lot.
on December 10, 2008
The box looks great overall, with cool pictures, quality construction, and hardcover books inside that also have great designs and quality construction. The amazing stories are among the best ever written for that age group. A great buy!
on January 20, 2015
5*A+ accurate description~packaged safely in durable mailer~fast shipping!
on February 15, 2009
I really enjoyed reading all three of the books. I wasn't sure what I would think about the first one, but once I started reading it, I didn't want to stop. The detail makes reading these books fun. I finished reading and had little questions about how things would work (I analalyze things, and always want to know things, it's not that the detail is lacking). I also liked the fact that different types of things happened. It wasn't boring, despite each book beeing hundreds of pages long. The basic point is I thought they were worth the money I put into buying them.
on January 2, 2017
Not sure I understood how used it was, but otherwise it's all good.
on February 25, 2017
bought it as a present. The young man was estatic.
on April 26, 2014
My son really liked this book set. The series is probably his favorite set of books. The author was a young kid when he wrote the books too.