|Item Weight||3.02 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||7.8 x 7.1 x 6.4 inches|
|Item model number||DBF6|
|Size||6" Booster Fan (240 CFM)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Air Flow Capacity||240 CFM|
3-Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
6" Inline Fan - 240 CFM, Metal Duct Booster Fan, ETL Listed, Pre-Wired 6 FT Grounded Cord - Great for Grow Tent Exhaust and Intake, Register Booster for 6 Inch Ducts
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 6IN INLINE FAN FOR GROW TENT VENTILATION: Use It As Intake Fan to Bring Fresh Air to Grow Tents or Rooms. Can Be Used as Exhaust Fan in Smaller Set Ups with LEDs or Lights Under 400W.
- HOUSEHOLD VENTILATION: This Versatile Inline Duct Fan Is Designed To Exhaust and Intake Air Through 6" Ducts, Serve as Register Booster Fan to Improve Airflow from HVAC Units to Remote Register Vents, Exhaust Odors in Bathrooms, Workshops, Ventilate Stale Air in Basements and Attics, Etc.
- FAN SPECS: Airflow 240 CFM, Power 37W, Voltage 120V/110V, Speed 2600 RPM, ETL Listed Compatible with Certain Speed Controllers. For Indoor Use Only in Environment With Max Temperatures Not Exceeding 140F.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 6In Inline Duct Fan, Instructions Manual. 6Inch Diameter x 7.25 Inch Length, Pre-Wired With 6 Foot Grounded Power Cord.
- WARRANTY: This Inline Duct Fan is Covered by 1 Year Warranty. Contact Us through Amazon For Service.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
TerraBloom's Commitment to Customers
At TerraBloom we are focused on providing high-quality household air ventilation and indoor garden products at affordable prices. Our products are designed and tested for performance in a wide range of household and horticultural applications. With years of experience behind our belts, we understand the importance of proper airflow and strive to enable our customers to achieve their ventilation goals in the most efficient way possible.
TerraBloom 6 Inch Duct Inline Fan Description
TerraBloom 6 inch inline fan is manufactured from the lightweight paint coated steel and can be used as a duct booster fan to ventilate grow rooms, basements, attics, etc. Our booster fan fits into a standard 6 inch air duct and comes pre-wired 6 foot grounded cable.
At the maximum speed in straight ducts this inline fan moves 240 Cubic Ft of air per minute, which can be reduced by up to 30% using TerraBloom Variable Fan Speed Controller (sold separately). Reducing the maximum speed of this inline fan with a controller significantly reduces the noise produced by the air flow. Max temperature in the operating environment for this inline fan is 140F. This fan is not waterproof and not suitable for outdoors applications.
We stand behind our products and provide 1 Year Warranty. Please contact us through Amazon for Warranty Service, and we will process it for you without extra hassle.
Buyer acknowledges that by purchasing TerraBloom products, buyer has special knowledge on installation and use of the product or has consulted a professional on the productâs installation and use. As with any electrical appliance, buyer should exercise caution at all times when operating this fan.
Showing 1-8 of 803 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm currently using it to run my isolated air handling system for my cigar room.
That said, it's in the space I'm smoking in and the fan is a touch louder than I expected. I suppose when you are moving almost 400cfm of air it's to be expected to hear it. What I wonder, when I utilize the fan speed controller to slow the fan down, it makes an incredible humming noise. It doesn't seem to effect the fan's performance at all, but something to be aware of.
The fan hasn't been used extensively yet (it's probably run a sum total of 4 hours) so I can't speak to the longevity of it, but it appears to be fairly robustly constructed.
ADDENDUM, THREE WEEKS LATER: Other reviewers suggested that the TerraBloom Variable Fan Speed Controller TerraBloom Variable Fan Speed Controller. Router Speed Control with Dial for Booster Fans, Inline Blowers, Centrifugal Intake and Exhaust Fans would silence this noisy fan. IT WORKS. Running at half speed, the fan's noise is barely noticeable, but it still moves enough air for our purposes.
1.) the motor can only be slowed down to ~70% speed before it stops turning.
2.) the built-in speed controller injects operating noise roughly equal to the noise of the air-flow at 70% operation. You can hear it as an electrical "hum" when you're in the same room as the fan.
if operating noise matters to you, buy a fan that doesn't have a built-in speed controller and pair it with a variable transformer. I just bought another in-line fan and was amazed at how quiet it was on start-up (no hum!). I then wired in a similar speed controller as what's on this unit, and the electrical hum was back.
I was trying to use this as a replacement for the cheap exhaust fan on my laser cutter, and it didn't even seem to have as much airflow as the stock one. I even tried using both inline, but it still wasn't enough to reliably draw all the smoke out of the room.
The fan itself seems decent enough quality, so I'm still giving it 3 stars. It might be fine for it's intended purpose of pushing a little more air through a long heater duct run or something like that, but don't expect a powerhouse. Quiet, but wimpy.
I ended up buying another one for my laser from another manufacturer that is rated as 190cfm and has a different type of blower. It works a LOT better for that type of application. I haven't decided if I will send this one back because I have another project coming down the road that I might be able to use it for that requires less airflow. The price wasn't bad, so it may be worth keeping.
One other note, the speed control is just a simple varistor. It can reduce the fan power too much to the point where the fan doesn't get enough power which will damage the unit. If you do buy one of the speed controls, you'll want to adjust the speed of the fan when you are listening closely for an audible hmm and know you've reduced the power too much. I'd increase the speed a little until the hum goes away and use a marker to indicate the safe low-end right on the dial so that you won't run it too low and damage the fan.