|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 8 x 1.5 inches|
|Item model number||3100j|
|Batteries||3 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||3100j|
|Cover Included||Code Reader^Top Blister^Bottom Blister^Burst Sticker^Insert Card^OBD2 Cable^USB Cable^AA Alkaline Battery (2)^Quick Reference Guide|
Scanner / Car Code Reader with Live Data
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$40.99 (20%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Quickly reveal the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings on any 1996 and newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV and hybrids
- Read and erase ABS & SRS light trouble codes on most OBD2 vehicles
- Battery & alternator tests check the performance of a vehicle's charging system
- Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles
- Freeze Frame shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, engine coolant temp, etc., at the time the Malfunction Indicator Lamp turned on. The 3100j will save the last 3 vehicles scanned.Also, the 3100j does not have Live data or bi-directional functions
- Note:Please refer to the user manual before use,Refer page 34 in the user manual for troubleshooting steps
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
Autel Autolink AL619 OBD2 Scanner ABS SRS Airbag Warning Light Scan Tool, Turn Off Check Engine Light Car Diagnostic Tool, Quick Test Engine System Code Reader
ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBD II Vehicle Code Reader Automotive OBD2 Scanner Auto Check Engine Light Scan Tool Emission Analyzer
FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Scanner Professional Mechanic OBDII Diagnostic Code Reader Tool for Check Engine Light
FOXWELL NT630 Plus OBD2 Scanner ABS SRS Code Reader Automotive OBD II SRS Airbag Diagnostic and ABS Brake Bleed Scan Tool
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Kimi Store||Lemur Vehicle Monitors||OBDPRICE||ANCEL||OBDZON||OBDZON|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The all-new 3100j is the perfect entry-level tool designed to empower any consumer or technician when it comes to vehicle maintenance and repair. This code reader works on all 1996 and newer OBD2 cars, light trucks, SUV's, hybrids, and minivans. Refer page 34 in the user manual for troubleshooting steps.Don't remove the advertising sticker but rather the protective film covering the entire facing of the tool.
From the manufacturer
Check Engine Light
Read and erase Check Engine light codes with the push of a button on any car, light truck, minivan, SUV or hybrid manufactured since1996 (OBD2) – foreign and domestic.
Check Engine Light
Free updates ensure our tools are always up-to-date with the latest technology and information.
Takes the guesswork out of vehicle repairs. RepairSolutions offers verified fixes, repair costs, step-by-step videos and much more to help you get the job done right.
Support in English and Spanish available from experienced technicians at our headquarters located in Irvine, California.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The unit is constructed well. The buttons feel nice and respond well. The plastic is not flimsy, and the unit itself is decent size. The screen is crystal clear and easy to read. The OBD2 cable is really nice quality. It’s a thick cable that will withstand the test of time.
2. The one feature I loved about this tool is that the OBD2 cable had a light in the cable end so you can see when plugin the cable into the port.
The Scan Tool Con’s
1. The OBD2 reader could have a rubber bumper around the unit. After all, this will be kept in a garage and it’s inevitable that from time to time it will get knocked around a little. I’ve looked at other units in this price point and most have rubber bumpers.
2. The user interface is fairly easy to navigate, but needs work. It’s not as intuitive as other OBD2 readers in this price point. I just didn’t like the process to read information. There was a lot of scrolling for little information.
3. They have an app that you can install on your mobile device if you like, but this costs money. I guess this app will expand on the information the device provides. Which, leads me into my next point. This company provides an “introductory access” to a database to look up codes, which means you, will have to pay for a subscription. The subscription everything now-a-days is getting old real quick. Not to forget, that other units in this price point and even lower price points have perpetual free access.
4. After trying four times to get the firmware to update, I finally gave up after it kept crashing at 32%. Just so you know, the process is straightforward. You install Innova software on your computer, and then plug in the unit, the software automatically recognizes the unit and produces a pop-up message letting you know there is a software update available, and asks do you want to update. At this point you press continue, and the software update begins its process, and then in my experience crashes every time at 32%. This is the final nail in the coffin for me, but you have to review my customer experience to completely understand why and this may be a determining factor for you too.
I ended up looking at this product because of a recommendation. However, after a little due diligence with customer service I am on the side of the fence of not interested and here is why. I have two vehicles, one is a mid 2000 and the other is late model. I wanted to make sure I was purchasing a product that will work with both vehicles hence, I called Innova after reviewing their website. I just wanted to make sure I have correct and up-to-date information because I know sometimes websites are not always current as internal information.
The problem is that I received conflicting information about the same product regarding the same vehicles that I was inquiring about. Without getting into the long details. I called this company on four separate occasions over a couple weeks, and received four different answers about the same questions. Additionally, what made matters worse is that one Innova employee actually called me a liar when I explained what a previous Innova employee told me something different. I was simply trying to ensure I was getting the correct information because I am spending my hard earned money and have every right to ask questions. If a customer service representative (CSR) does not understand this fundamental concept, then being in this line of work may not be not the best job for them. I mean seriously, does it have to be so hard for company to train their employees to provide consistent information. This may have been a one off issue for this company, but this is not my typical experience with anyone or any company.
I really had high hopes for this tool despite my experience with customer service.
However, the cons outweigh the pros. The nail in the coffin is that since the product will not install the update (after multiple tries) and because of the negative customer experience I had, I simply do not want to call them and ask for help about why the update will not install. I don't need any hassle when spending my hard earned money. There is to many other companies that will provide consistent exceptional service for far less.
I've sent requests to Innova to try to understand why they advertise this as an ABS code reader for my vehicle and it does not.
They have apparently chosen to ignore my requests.
Got an email from Innova, they said I had to call for support. Called and spoke to their rep, she said they thing should read my ABS codes but doesn't know why it doesn't. She will pass it along to their techs. After waiting for a week emailed to check on why I hadn't heard back, got a reply that said they are working on it. Nice runaround, I've used an Innova scanner for years and got this just for the ABS but won't recommend them anymore.
Here it is nearly a month later and nothing from INNOVA.
I e-mailed them and got the usual run-around.
I asked them to send me a box so I can send it back to them and they gave me a derogatory reply.
May just sledge hammer it and send it back to them on my own dime just to let them know how their product and customer service are.
Top reviews from other countries
I wanted to post this review because of all the issues I had having to locate a proper code reader for a Honda and could only find limited info. I bought the AUTEL AL619 and it DID NOTread the SRS or ABS which it said on the website it would so be careful what you purchase.
Doesn't read German cars
False claims in description of product
I'm a home mechanic and have other code readers that work well... they just don't read ABS, so I got this one to fill in the gap. Innova has usually been a great tool and I have several of them... however, this one won't read SQUAT... it sees the port, but doesn't give any other messages. While my ABS light is on, it doesn't give me any information about what sensor it might be. In short, it's not reading my computer at all. Too bad ! Return to sender (address unknown)