Other Sellers on Amazon
JOY FOR ALL - Silver Cat with White Mitts - Interactive Companion Pets - Realistic & Lifelike
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||JOY FOR ALL|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.02 x 15.24 x 10.12 inches|
|Color||Silver Cat With White Mats|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Cat-like movements & sounds: Our revolutionary vibrapurr technology gives the cat an authentic purr that sounds and feels just like real purring. A real cat would, our companion pet cat is able to open and close its eyes, lift its Paw, open its mouth and move its head and body. The companion pet cat also has synthetic, soft, brush able fur inspired by real feline breeds.
- Built in sensors: Using the built in sensors, our companion pet cat responds to motion and touch such as Petting and hugging, much like the real Cats you know and love, but doesn't require any special care or feeding.
- A rich experience: Designed to bring comfort, companionship and fun to Elder loved ones. The ease of care and convenience paired with our state of the art technology makes for the best possible interactive experience for older adults living in senior communities or aging at home, and their caregivers or simply just a person that could use some extra company.
- Award winning: Joy For All companion pets won the caregiver friendly award from today's caregiver 2 years in 2016 and 2017. This product has appeared in the New York times, people magazine and the Baltimore sun. It has also been seen on CBS and the doctors and heard on BBC radio.
- Ageless innovation: Ageless innovation is a global company devoted to developing fun and engaging products for older adults. Beginning with the award-winning line of Joy For All companion pets, originally designed and launched by Hasbro, ageless innovation is focused on creating products that promote fun, joy and play while creating meaningful connections for aging loved ones, their families, and caregivers.
- Soft and cuddly pet with fur inspired by real feline breeds
- Features VibraPurr technology for purrs that sound and feel like real purring
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Give the gift of interactive companionship with the Joy For All Companion pet cat.Our companion pet kitten can provide a rich experience for older adults by allowing them to recreate some of the delightful moments of owning a pet without the responsibility. These kitties look, feel, and sound like the real thing.Thanks to built-in sensor technology, the companion pet cats respond to petting and motion much like the cats you know and love. This two-way interaction helps create a personally rich experience that can bring fun, joy, and friendship to an older adult in your life. We highly recommend this companion pet cat for anyone. It will bring both of you joy! Batteries Included: 4 x 1.5V C Alkaline Batteries
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Whoever invented this, had a great idea. I'm sure that it would be of benefit to those suffering memory issues or other types of dementia. Perhaps since that's their target buyer; I should have passed on my purchase.
At any rate, the problem that I found with the cat, is that it isn't lifelike. The meow is way too loud and nonadjustable. The head movements are very mechanical, and totally unrealistic. The purring doesn't sound like the purr from a real cat, and all of the various motions are ruined, as you can clearly hear the sound of a small motor while the motions are made.
The bottom line, at least from my viewpoint, is that this is a fantastic invention, but it's poorly executed. I returned mine, and purchased several stuffed animals to make the agonizing loss of my wife a little easier to bear. The stuffed animals, one of which is a full sized labrador retriever, have been of some help. Although I know that they're not real; they provide me with a small degree of comfort, which is better than nothing, while I try to go on after my devastating loss.
By Amazon Customer on August 26, 2016
However, the product is ONE STAR in terms of reliability. My FIL loved it so much he broke it. We think he held the head too tightly, and ultimately the servos broke. The cat still meows and purrs, but it no longer rolls onto its back and the eyes no longer open. The heartbreaking thing is now my FIL asks the kitty why she isn't opening her eyes.
Dear Hasbro Product Managers: keep it simpler. The cat doesn't need to roll onto its back for a tummy rub. The meowing, purring, and eyes/mouth movements probably solve 90% of the "real" factor, and are less prone to breaking.
As a side comment, I now face a very real problem: my FIL loves this cat. There is no vet I can take it to. Instead, I've bought a replacement cat. Yes, you read that right, I've bought 2 $100 robo-cats in less than one month because this kitty is bringing very real joy to my FIL, and some much needed relief to his round-the-clock caregivers. The value per hour is astronomical, and this cat pays for itself many times over. That said, Hasbro would be wise to figure out how they're going to handle replacements/repairs/breakage.
At any rate, I look forward to further improvements in this product line. And hopefully I won't have to buy a baker's dozen before we get there...
By Amazon Customer on May 19, 2016
Top reviews from other countries
Even though we thought this cat would be good for Mum, we were also prepared for it to be rejected.
What we weren't expecting was the delight and instant connection she made with her new companion.
Her joy and the smile on her face told us we had just given her the best present she could have had on her 93rd birthday.
Its been 3 weeks now and the cat is still getting more attention than anyone. Mum loves it and is very protective over it.
I highly recommend this product, it was money well spent.
I do agree with other customer comments that the mechanical noise when the cat moves might put some people off.
BUT.... I am so pleased I made this purchase. If I had listened to the negative comments my Mum would never have met her "Purrfect" companion :-)