CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Hexbug Nano Habitat Set
|Price:||$48.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Nano - Micro Robotic Creatures
- The robotic creature that behaves like a real bug
- Colors may vary
- Go online to register and track your Nano collection
- Additional bugs, track, habitats, carrying cases and more are available separately
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
My son's only complaint is that the pieces are somewhat difficult to engage and disengage. But once he got the hang of it, it was OK.
Comes with 2 hexabugs. It is more fun to have more than one hexabugs. We already have 1 green, and then 2 more that came with this set. Ours came with a blue and a rare black bug.
You can also enjoy the bugs even sans the habitat. They are so fun to release them on the wild. Let them run around the table or the hardwood floor. (They don't move as much on carpets). Just watch Youtube videos, they have tons of them. It is like a geek toy, your personal microbots.
The batteries are cheap if you search online. 20 pieces for a few bucks. Each bug uses only 1 battery. You will need a watch type screwdriver to replace it.
* Really cool how the Hex Bug Nano find their way around the tracks even when multiple tracks are combined.
* Hex bug Nano appear to be "smarter" than the toy really is which leads children image how it works
* Works seamlessly with other sets
* Online aspect to "educational" aspects which would deserve another star if not entirely separate from the hexbug. I really love this aspect, but I do not consider it directly part of the toy's star rating
* Fills the construction needs of the building blocks and combines it with the movement of train sets & hot wheels in addition to a touch of personality (Which desperately needs to be explored in my opinion!) like any good toy that lets you have a personal attachment based on imagination.
* After extended periods Hex Bugs will crawl over each other on one way tracks when going opposite directions and be F R E E to roam.
* Hex bug batteries are expensive, however BULK watch batteries which work are dirt cheap about $7 per 100 batteries! AG13 357 LR44 L1154 A76 PX76A 303 D303 D357 - Pack of 100
* Only major pieces are available for individual purchase.Read more ›
They've also been amusing for the adults in the household to play with and watch. They appear incredibly sentient for something so simply constructed. You can even bet on which bug is the toughest or fastest or smartest and wait for them to run into each other going down one o the pathways.
I can't yet attest to how long the batteries run, but after 3-4 days of fairly heavy usage, they appear to still be going strong.
These critters are really cool! Several family members were amazed by them, and we had a ton of fun "racing" them right out of the box.
However, it should be noted....
The battery life is very low. The ones that came in the bugs lasted less than a day (tho we did use them alot). We did not by the retardedly overpriced "power cells" from Hexbug, we bought a bulk 50 pack of the same batteries on Amazon for $10. Replacing those batteries with the bulk ones, we got about the same lifespan. They do not last long if your kids play with the bugs often, but remember to buy in bulk as it will save you a TON of money.
Also, my son is a builder. What I mean is he loves legos, lincoln logs, etc... which means he cant stand to have the tracks stay in one configuration for more than 5 minutes before he is changing it up. The tracks can be hard to disassemble, and after a few times, the little "hook" notches can start to show signs of bending (and in one case, breaking). So if your tykes like to do their own configuring of tracks, you should show them how to do it properly from the start, by lifting the pieces UP instead of OUT.
Overall, id say this was a great purchase. I plan on buying some more, different type of Hexbug critters for my son, and maybe a second habitat so he can combine them and have more room.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
kids loved it but there so small they got lost within a weekPublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very fun and entertaining. My 2 step sisters loved watching the 2 Hexbugs go around the Habitat! I really enjoyed how it came with 2 Hex Bugs too!Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
A good basic set. The cells and track can be configured in many different variations. Pretty amazing watching these bugs move in such a realistic manner. Read morePublished 19 months ago by ReadingMad100