Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Dishonored - PC forum

Insane PC requirements

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-60 of 60 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012 6:52:00 AM PDT
SweetDaddy says:
2 words "Kickass Torrents" next time

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012 4:08:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 4:08:51 PM PDT
SweetDaddy says:
my updated specs

My Computer Specs:
---------------------------

CyberpowerPC
-Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. "M4N68T-M-V2"
-1 TB HD (also a External 1TB, 1TB, & a 200GB HD)
-Ram DDR3: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Kingston Technology HyperX Blu Red Series 1600MHz OC "KHX16C10B1RK2/16X"
-Video Card 560 SC (EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560 "01G-P3-1461-KR")
-750 Watt PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series "TX750"
-Acer 20'"1600x900Max Rez" LCD (Acer X203H bd 20-Inch 720p LCD Monitor)
-Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3
-Win 7 64bit
-Win 7 Rating: 5.9

--------------------------
More PC Info:

-CPU Rating: 7.5

-Ram Rating: 7.5

-Video Card Rating: 7.7

-HD Rating: 5.9

Paging File Size 24,574GB

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 11:27:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012 1:03:23 PM PDT
H.Le says:
Sean Mccann,

"It probably is very anoying to Microsoft that so many people are still using XP. This may their feable attempt to get people to upgrade..."

I can see what you are saying. According to a NetMarketShare report, as of last month, 38% of OS users are still running Windows XP in comparison to the 40% using Windows 7.

http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 1:54:34 PM PDT
Windows 7 came out 5 years ago. It is a solid operating system, and a significant upgrade to Windows XP, regardless of whether or not you're experienced enough with computers to know it.

Game developers not support extremely old operating systems isn't about some deal with Microsoft to push you on to new OS versions. It's about keeping development costs down.

If you want to play new games on any platform, you will have to invest on a 5 year cycle. It's time for your Windows XP PCs.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 2:20:22 AM PDT
H.Le says:
May be it's the fact that I got my A+ and MCP cert so long ago that still prompted me to think that dual booting is still the best choice - especially for old school Gamers (Also, please note that OP already another PC with Win 7).

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:20:14 PM PST
Sean Gilroy says:
If you're playing with a gamepad and don't care about graphics, why do you even want to play games on your pc? Get an Xbox. You can resell your games when you're done with them, buy used games on the cheap, or just rent them if they're not worth owning. Personally, I find aiming with an analog stick on par with steering a car with my face, but if I didn't mind it, I'd make the switch myself.

Also, I play a lot of old games on Window 7 64-bit, and I haven't come across any compatibility issues that couldn't be solved by forcing the game to open in a window and then fiddling with the graphics options.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:19:53 PM PST
- says:
Are there actually any pc games that require DX 11?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 9:18:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 9:22:36 PM PST
C. Emberin says:
SweetDaddy, you are the exact type of PC gamer that I wish would switch to consoles. You are willing to spend thousands of dollars on hardware for your PC because you can't steal the hardware components from the comfort of your computer chair like you can by downloading software.

You and the other thieves are not "sticking it to the devs" by downloading games illegally, you are just playing the primary role in developers focusing on console games and creating low budget PC ports. "Why should we invest all this money in creating really high textures and DX11 capabilities if only 60-80% of players are going to pay us for that work?"

I understand that this is not fair for the developers to punish the paying customers because of thieves, but two things about these people that drive me crazy:
1. It drives me crazy when I see people list their specs for a $1200 PC build and they can't spend $40 on a game! They have fooled themselves into thinking that tangible matter is worth working for, but not untangible...which is often the most enjoyable
2. If you refuse to support a developer in order to show them that they shouldn't do something like extreme DRM or low budget ports, then just don't play the game. If you steal the game you are saying it is still good enough to play, but you just don't want to pay for it because there is a way to get it for free with low probability of getting caught or held accountable.

Ok, im done venting now. I know pirates will just try to rebuttle, but hopefully there are others out there that understand my frustrations.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:06:16 AM PST
B. Whelan says:
C. Emberin - You took the words right out of my mouth, and I agree with you. Stealing a game to play it after complaining about DRM is called hypocrisy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 12:39:40 PM PST
PS3 controllers do work on windows 7; if you would like help getting it set up you may email me at Johnny.B.3777@Gmail.com. I have had a ps3 controller running on windows for quite some time, it can even go wireless (if you have bluetooth capabilities). shoot me a message if you want help with it ^_^
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dishonored - PC forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Aug 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dishonored - PC
Dishonored - PC by Bethesda Softworks (Windows 7 / Vista)
4.3 out of 5 stars (353)