Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 18, 2013
I bought these for a couple of 4 year old boys who love to collect all things creepy crawly. Only thing is that the poor little insects often receive a bit too much loving while being clamped in their small, moist hands. This frequently turns out to be an unfortunate end for the bugs and results in heartbroken little guys who were trying to be gentle with their new buggy friends. The wrist habitat offers the insect a semi-safe spot to be viewed and "befriended" by little folk. It also gives an opportunity for parents to instill some early compassion in their children; such as, "Honey, I think that Calvin the Cricket has ridden around long enough now and would probably like to go home to see his family. Maybe another bug can take a turn for a bit." After one or two of these suggestions, I've noticed that the kids become very conscientious about returning their bugs to the spot where they were originally found. So, all in all, a fun accessory to observe bugs; but also an opportunity for the little ones to think things through and learn about other living creatures around them.
on April 14, 2017
Awesome idea but unless we received a subpar one for my daughter it's a faulty design. The screen clips on with a tiny clip but if you even slightly touch it once closed it pops open and guess what bugs fall out leaving you to look for all of them on the floor, carpet, van...yeah my littler one loves bugs, I would just rather they stay outside or securely inside a product like this. Again sweet idea though.
on November 18, 2014
Who doesn't want to wear an accessory that will hold your bugs for you and free up your hands for more bug catching???!! My two year old son is obsessed with bugs. If there is a toy, book, or outfit that involves bugs, we probably own it. This summer he really got into catching any insect or arachnid he could find. It was a little disconcerting for me (I'm not used to catching/carrying around insects... crazy I know), but he loves finding/catching them. When I found the WATCH A BUG by Insect Lore, I thought it would be perfect for my little guy. I actually bought two thinking that one would probably break (he's hard on stuff) and I was anticipating his sadness if that happened. However, the watch seemed pretty durable and after a month he found the second one. So he now plays with both of them and (4 months later) they have held up really well. In addition to being able to carry real insects in them, they also come with a toy insect inside. One of his watches came with a little green tick and the other had a colorful dragonfly. I figured he would lose the toy insects right away because they are so small, but he loves them and always keeps track of where they are. These watches were a huge hit and I'm sure I'll buy more in the future for other children.
on May 15, 2013
This is adorable...I got it for a 4 year-old who loves bugs, and it was a hit before even taking it outside. He refers to it as his "bug watch", sleeps with it, and has fun "hiding" small items in it and asking others what he thinks he has. It's just the right size, durable, and you can clearly see whatever you put in it. Younger kids will definitely need help with opening and closing the clasp, as another reviewer has noted, but I don't think this is a bad thing; when the expectation is that adults need to help, it will help protect the mesh and also keep you aware of what is going in it (and possibly in your house!) It also makes sure any creepers that go in, stay locked in, which is my preference. For about $6, there is just no way you can go wrong with this purchase. Great idea and solid product.
on August 11, 2010
This bug watch is unique. It was purchased as a birthday gift for my 7 year old son, who is extremely interested in bugs, lizards, frogs and other small animals. He already has several other types of "bug homes". We live in South Florida, so it's always "bug season" around here! This little gadget is pretty cool because it's portable and allows my son to do other activities, while keeping the creepy crawlers close at hand. The thing I like most about it, is that once it's time to come inside, or go to bed... we MUST release the captured creatures. With some of the other bug crates that he uses, it suddenly becomes an issue once it's time to release the bugs. With this little Bug Watch, there is NO room to create a habitat. As a result, all bugs MUST be set free to buzz another day. No more long term buggy commitment. He can look at the bugs close up, carry them around with him, and then at the end of the day, it's easy (and emotionally painless) to set them free. The wrist strap is durable, the top pops right open when you press the release button, and it's the perfect size for small insects. An overall good buy, especially for the price!
on May 15, 2011
My son loves bugs, he loves catching them and making "pets" of them (although I don't let him keep anything longer than a day), he loves this toy. ALTHOUGH I think it's a tad small for things like crickets and grasshoppers, probably more suitable to ladybugs, pillbugs. My son likes having his new friends to carry along with him. This toy has been left outside without rusting up (on the screen) and put up with my 5 year old who is pretty rough with his stuff (and often climbs trees while wearing this). Overall I'm happy with the product, he also has a larger screened bug cage and he uses them both to transport his bugs around. The bugs cannot escape once the "cage" is secured so if your little bug-lover likes to bring them inside you don't have to worry about them getting all over your house.
on July 16, 2013
I bought this for my bug obsessed 3 yr old and he thinks its amazing. Just don't forget about the bug when it gets put down. He's had moths, ants, and flies in his. I think he ends up squishing them slightly with his fingers and throwing it in the container.
I think it's nice. The top lid opens up. Stick the bug in and it snaps shut. The bugs are pretty easy to see through the mesh too. It's not huge. It also has one of those cheapy plastic wrist bands that's adjustable. So far it's held up. But I've only had it a month. :)
on May 26, 2010
It's a neat idea but the "screen" is a very weak fabric mesh that was quickly broken. Also the watch band was so stiff that it hurt my four year old's wrist. Furthermore, rather than a velcro closure as was indicated on the box, it came with the kind that requires a plastic bump to be inserted in a hole. Given the stiffness of the band, even I found putting it on and taking it off to be a chore and my son wasn't close to being able to, which frustrated both of us. I wonder if the company decreased the quality after the purchase of some of the other reviewers?.
on April 17, 2013
I would have given the belt a 5 star but the front closure is so stiff that my 4 year-old grandson needs help with buckling and unbuckling the belt. He, however, loves the whole idea!! I am waiting to give him the "watch-A-Bug til he finishes taking some really yucky medicine that he must take for a whole month. I think he will really love it. We live where we still have snow on the ground so we haven't had an opportunity to see many bugs yet this spring.
on January 3, 2015
I bought one each of these for my two boys. They really loved this product. It was easy to put on and simple for them to open and close themselves (they were 5 and 4 at time of purchase) Many a bug were caught throughout last spring and summer. I will definitely purchase another pair of them when these break or wear out.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.