Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.

  • Apple
  • Android
  • Windows Phone
  • Android

To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Qty:1
  • List Price: $17.95
  • Save: $3.59 (20%)
FREE Shipping on orders with at least $25 of books.
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Inside the Gestapo: Hitle... has been added to your Cart
+ $3.99 shipping
Used: Acceptable | Details
Sold by GoodwillBooks
Condition: Used: Acceptable
Comment: Reading copy. May have signs of wear and previous use (scuffs, writing, underlining). Dust jacket may be missing.
Have one to sell? Sell on Amazon
Flip to back Flip to front
Listen Playing... Paused   You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
Learn more
See this image

Inside the Gestapo: Hitler's Shadow Over the World Paperback – June 30, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews

See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Price
New from Used from
Paperback
"Please retry"
$14.36
$11.49 $10.35

Best Books of the Year So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
$14.36 FREE Shipping on orders with at least $25 of books. In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
click to open popover

NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE

New York Times best sellers
Browse the New York Times best sellers in popular categories like Fiction, Nonfiction, Picture Books and more. See more

Product Details

  • Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Progressive Press (June 30, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0930852397
  • ISBN-13: 978-0930852399
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,929,769 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Customer Reviews

5 star
50%
4 star
0%
3 star
50%
2 star
0%
1 star
0%
See both customer reviews
Share your thoughts with other customers

Top Customer Reviews

By John P. Kyle on January 27, 2012
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Inside the Gestapo, published in serial form in the Manchester News Guardian in 1939 by a pseudonymous Hansjurgen Koehler, describes episodes orchestrated by Reinhard Heydrich during the preceeding years in surprising detail and accuracy for this time. Whoever wrote the book obviously had to have been quite close within the heirarchy of the Gestapo regime. British intelligence at that time persumably had not advanced to have had such inside information (a sister book, Inside Information appeared later, but the style, organization and content differ greatly from the original work). Two myseries remain: 1) who was Hansjurger Koehler (or the source of the information); and 2) beyond the 85% verifiable content, how much of the remaining 15% actually did occur? The fact that Pallas Publishing published four editions of Inside the Gestapo in 1940 suggests the book must have caused an immediate sensation then. Reprints only became available in 2008.
1 Comment 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
An overview of the Gestapo by an insider, although a minor insider who left Germany in 1939 and was hunted ever since I believe, the book seems to be in two parts and it is suggested that the author, a pseudonym, sent a manuscript to the publishers who then took it and added their own second part, its a fascinating read about the time and plenty of names mentioned but its not a historical document, and I fear much of its not entirely accurate, so I am told but as this man figured in my life somehow, I thought I should read it, he also went under the alias Korb, as well as his own name, Pfeiffer. The english is good so my theory of it having been put together by the English publisher may be true.
8 Comments 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse

Set up an Amazon Giveaway

Inside the Gestapo: Hitler's Shadow Over the World
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway
This item: Inside the Gestapo: Hitler's Shadow Over the World