Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on March 22, 2014
I'm a 5th grade teacher and absolutely love using this book in my classroom. We read Number the Stars as a class and I use this particular book in a reading group that needs to be challenged. This year we ordered the dvd and the entire grade watched it (we all read Number the Stars, but only a small group of kids read Hana's Suitcase). So the movie brought everyone together to learn about this incredible story.

In 5th grade, we are careful to limit our Holocaust materials to those that do not show graphic images. We feel the kids are not ready yet, and we know they learn about it more in depth in 7th and 8th grades in our district. This book and movie met our criteria for focusing on an individual's experience without providing disturbing visuals.

Just like the book, the dvd is so well done!!! Thank you to all who made it possible for George and Fumiko to share their stories.
on June 9, 2015
If you want to see a very good movie about a dreadful time in the history of mankind that dwells on the impact to specific and personalized human beings this is it. Wonderfully put together, touching, very sad and yet inspiring. It speaks of life and our ability to surmount incredible odds, maybe not always win completely but the fact that Hana and her brother, mother and father tried I believe is a testament to the better good in all.
on August 4, 2017
Great movie!!! Great service!!!
on September 23, 2013
Based on a true story - A Director of Holocaust Education Center in Japan receives a suitcase with the name 'Hanna' painted on the side of it. Along with teaching children the meaning of tolerance and peace, the director works with the children to find out who owned the suitcase and what happened to Hanna. She comes to find out Hanna's story through Hanna's brother, who is a Holocaust survivor. The movie goes back in time as Hanna's brother explains what life was like prior to the devastating event, during the Holocaust and how he honors his perished family by leading a full life. I Highly recommend it!!
on April 9, 2017
If you are looking for something that just dives deeper into the book and gives student perspective than this is for you. Not too much more than what's already in the book though...
on July 1, 2013
Was saddened by mans inhumanity to man, to murder young innocent children has got to be the most despicable thing to do , makes one think of Rabid dogs. Hope all our leaders both West and East will in future refrain from murdering women and children with Nuclear Bombs gas etc. Wow glad I got that off my chest.Thanks Amazon for your efficient prompt service.
on May 4, 2013
I first saw this movie at our local Jewish film festival. It is a gorgeous, heart-warming story about a very dark subject. Based on the book, Hana's Suitcase, a beautifully rendered movie of loss and renewal. If you have seen "Paperclips," see this.
on August 2, 2012
A very interesting and revelatory video. The story is well told and entertaining and thought provoking. Just long enough to keep you interested. I would reccomend it for adults and older children alike.
on March 15, 2014
The movie is a wonderful follow-up to the book Hana's Suitcase, it even gives more details about Hana and George's lives. I received the videos in less time than expected and fantastic condition.
on July 5, 2013
This is a very interesting documentary. I would recommend it highly. The fact that Hana's brother /is still alive brings to light just how important it is to tell all there is to tell about the Holocaust .