Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on November 2, 2013
I have previously read Moore's first book, Crossing the Chasm, and was hoping for additional dive into that subject matter. While this book is a sequel, it largely covers a lot of the same content.

The first 3 chapters are essentially a summary of Chasm. In my opinion, these are more concise and to the point than the first book, while covering all the same points. While not as famous, these chapters are a more time-efficient way of learning about the product life cycle and the adoption chasm. The rest of the book is give or take, and only worth reading if very interested in the topics at hand.
on December 26, 2012
In 1993, I was introduced to Crossing the Chasm by a Marketing Director from Microsoft who reported directly to Steve Balmer (he was then VP of Sales). It became my bible and I continued to refer to it over and over again. Inside the Tornado is a continuation and the message is right-on. When a product starts to take off and is able to cross the chasm, go wild with it and the company should do everything it can to dominate the market place. In other words, take advantage of the success and don't hold back by raising prices or slowing production.

The book has around 50-100 pages of good ideas and the rest are pages just to fill and support the good ideas. This is typical in these kinds of books. This is why I probably gave it 4 stars instead of 5 but if I had to grade the message alone, I would have given the book 5 stars. This is book is not as good as Crossing the Chasm but I highly recommend reading it if you haven't read Crossing the Chasm in awhile. That was the case with me and it was a good refresher. It continued where Crossing the Chasm left off.

Though the market is going through a paradigm shift in the way we are purchasing our products and services, I am confident that Geoffrey will continue to be spot on for at least another 20 or more years.
on February 2, 2017
This is a pretty good book. For someone without much experience in business, it's pretty handy and simple to understand. Maybe a bit too simple. The book was tad repetitive, and had too many examples and scenarios. You could probably do with just reading the first 1-3 chapters and then reading the last chapter. The middle is more of the same.
on January 14, 2014
Very well articulated and written. Interesting and relevant when it comes to new markets, consumers and technology. You have to read this book if you are into business. I strongly believe we can all get good learnings from it, regardless of our industry. This document its timeless and highly compelling. All of the graphs, summaries and cases work perfectly, regardless of the time it was written.
on April 29, 2015
I am a retired business director at a fortune 100 technology company. My daughter ask me to recommend the 2 best business book. This was #1 on my list. Great insight on the marketing of new products for any industry. The techniques really work.
on April 5, 2016
A must read companion to the Innovator's Dilemma and Crossing the Chasm. Classic, essential knowledge for entre/intrapreneurs.
on February 20, 2015
Excellent complement to Crossing the Chasm. I am adapting the lessons from the IT world into the HR industry for product life cycles and client life cycles. The insights are well received by my peers.
on December 22, 2013
I would recommend this book over Crossing the Chasm to anyone interested in reading one of Moore's books. His ideas have developed significantly since Chasm was published, and this book is applicable to a much wider range of situations.
on August 2, 2007
Classic textbook style. Lots of charts and good information. Moore's writing style is basic academic but available nevertheless. If you do marketing in a fast-growing busines or emerging market, this is an essential part of your toolkit. The paper and printing are pocket paperback quality.
on March 4, 2014
Crossing the Chasm and Inside the Tornado are 2 books that every founder needs to have read. They provide insight into market and marketing dynamics. Just building a product is not enough to be successfull.