The authors' basic premise is that wealthy real-estate investors exploit tax loopholes, but so can you.
For instance, the authors break down the status of being a real-estate dealer, developer or investor, and offer advice on forming a company versus a LLC.
At the end of each chapter, Q & A's help readers determine how best to manage their money and property. Be warned, though: light reading this isn't. This book is packed with technical jargon, and it will appeal only to those serious about complex tax and legal issues. (The New York Post, March 19, 2005)
From the Back Cover
The Insider's Guide to Real Estate Investing Loopholes reveals all the best and most effective tax loopholes that successful real estate investors use to maximize their profits. Completely updated with over fifty percent new material, this Revised Edition also covers all the new tax laws, and features new and updated case studies and examples.
Real estate is probably the best investment money can buy, in part because there are so many profit-maximizing tax loopholes that directly benefit real estate investors. In this practical and straightforward real estate classic, bestselling authors Kennedy and de Roos show investors how to increase their investment profits and use real estate as a legal tax shelter. Inside, you'll find practical guidance and trustworthy advice on:
- Tax loopholes that turn your home into a profit center
- Tricks for using your vacation home as a tax-savings investment
- Real estate investment strategies for taking advantage of international tax laws
- Creative cash flow techniques for increasing your investment's profitability
- How to cut taxes through the 1031 tax-free exchange, pension funds, real estate loss deductions, homestead exemptions, and joint tenancies
- Real estate pitfalls and how to avoid them
- And much more