Insignia NS-DV720P High-Definition 720p Digital Camcorder (Dark Blue)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual function 720p HD camcorder and 5 MP digital still camera
- LED light for recording in low-light settings
- Supports SD cards up to 4 GB and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- 128MB internal memory (-90 MB available for photo/movie capture)
- Records video in .avi or .mov format
Customers Also Shopped For
|Package Height||3.1 x 8.4 x 9.2 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.35 pounds|
|Video Capture Format|
|Video Capture Resolution||720p|
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
1. Video quality excellent, it even catches the slight burn in on my plasma TV.
2. Large 3" screen for viewing your videos.
3. Battery lasts maybe 90 minutes. I consider this a good thing because my old camcorder was literally 20 years old and used VHS tapes.
4. Price is very good for a first camcorder.
1. Only 3x digital zoom
2. Slight learning curve when learning the menu system
3. Requires SD or SDHC (use SDHC) memory cards. Internal memory is incredibly small.
1. Creates movies in AVI and MOV formats. These formats don't work for most video editing software. So far I've only found it works with Windows Live Movie Maker.
2. Sound quality is terrible, when I shoot video reviews I have to jack the volume up extremely loud for it to be somewhat audible to the camera. Talking at a distance of > 10 feet will be pretty hard to hear. The speaker is on the right side of the camera, not in front which is strange.
Overall this is definitely a 3 star product. It records video which is great but sound is terrible. 5 star video, 1 star sound makes an average 3 star rating. Everything else is not as important as the quality of the original video. If you are recording yourself for Youtubing it's great, but even making video reviews it's not the best. Here's an example of a review I did with it, I was only a few feet away from the camera at all times. [...]
The things I don't like have been written by others already. The video records to .avi and .mov files which is not easy to work with, and the sound quality isn't very good. Other than that, I like it a lot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have bought 2 of these and they've been great. Still and video are very good quality. The only issue is the plastic tab that the allows the compartment to open in order to use... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Amazon Customer
Had it for about 30 months, 2.5 years, 2 yrs 6 months :D. Anyway it's great and records in HD. No problems at all. Read morePublished on August 24, 2011 by Wesley Aoi