BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 13, 2013
I wanted a simple 2 channel stereo receiver to hook to my HDTV. I was going to get a Sony, Yamaha, Sherwood, or another well known brand but I couldn't pass up the price on this thing. I have owned an Insignia HDTV in the past and it was just as good as any Sony, Samsung, Sharp, etc out there and cost half the price. Same thing here. I got this receiver for around 50 buck shipped to my door. It is not small and light either. It's pretty big and has some weight to it. It pushes my Sony Tower speakers rated at 150 watts rms clear and loud. The receiver is very basic and has very few extras to it. simple bass, treble, and balance controls. Simple easy to use remote. It doesn't get very hot and has never shut off on me. Only reason I didn't give it 5 starts is there's not HDMI connections. But for 50 bucks you simply cannot pass this thing up. I have it pushing 2 Sony SSF-5000's and I also have a 10" Infinity 150 watt power sub connected and it sound pretty damn good.
on February 24, 2013
this is a large unit, as large as some more capable units. If you are wanting top of the line, look elsewhere. this is very basic. It has banana style binding posts, which I like. It can accept to sets of speakers and switch between them. It is powerful enough, but don't expect to plug in anything with digital connections because it doesn't have them. all I needed was something that could accept analog rca's for my tv, and this does that. I mainly bought this to match my tv and to replace an aging stereo with failed components without spending a ton.you can't find a receiver that is better for under 300. just saying
on October 13, 2016
It came scratched up and nasty, but works fine. Hey, it was used, but all functions still operate as promised
on January 15, 2014
Been using this for awhile now. It's been of exceptional use providing clean consistent power to my polk bookshelf speakers. It has also worked great as a headphone amp of sorts. Anything is better than the crappy 1/8" computer output.
on October 24, 2014
It works fine, it might be a little dated on the hook ups.
on April 12, 2015
Great for price
on March 4, 2013
great for the money it cost.....great for the money it cost....great for the money it cost....great for the money it cost
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
As received the receiver was packed in original packaging which made it appear as it would when new. After unpacking and installation in the home theater at this location, the receiver worked perfectly. Tests with the provided small stature FM antenna showed that the receiver is very sensitive and can pick up many stations. The sound quality from the HDTV through the receiver is EXCELLENT! This was another of those deals of a lifetime as found on AMAZON.
on March 7, 2012
THIS RECEIVER WORKS VERY WELL FOR A LOW PRICE 100 WATT RECEIVER. I USE IT AS THE SOUND SYSTEM FOR MY HD TV. VERY SATISFIED AND GOT A SUPER PRICE.
on October 13, 2012
I bought this receiver as a new, opened box. The discount off of retail was approximately 50%, so I figure I can't be too picky. This inexpensive, no frills receiver has excellent sound and power for the price. The power switch has a glitch in it and when first turning it on, it will shut itself back off. Had I bought it for full price at a local retailer, I would exchange it, but all things considered I am happy with it.