Follow the Author
Inspirations: A Recreational Mathematics Journal (Dot Grid Notebook with Coloring Pages) Paperback – March 12, 2017
Enhance your purchase
With 170 roomy pages, the Inspirations journal gives you plenty of space to record memories, plan projects, and keep track of tasks. The dot grid makes it easy to draw graphs or diagrams. Take notes, jot down ideas, copy your favorite quotations, or doodle to your heart’s content.
- Light gray dots at 5 mm spacing provide guidance for flexible page layouts.
- 11 geometric-patterned coloring pages (based on Islamic tessellation designs) allow a multitude of artistic possibilities.
- 31 favorite quotes offer a thought-provoking vision for mathematical investigation.
- 6 × 9 inch (about 15 × 23 cm) pages are wider than many journals, yet still fit comfortably into a large purse or bag.
- Paperback binding makes the Inspirations journal sturdy but lightweight. Carry it anywhere!
Perfect for bullet journaling or for use as a commonplace book, the Inspirations journal nurtures creative mathematical thinking.
From the Author
But journaling requires a journal -- a notebook of some sort. And I couldn't find any that I liked. Either the pages were too narrow and felt cramped, or the thing didn't fit even in my oversized purse. Or the fancy, hardcover binding made it heavy to lug around. Or there weren't enough pages to last more than a few weeks. Or the lines were too dark, or too widely spaced.
Never quite what I wanted.
So I decided to make my own.
I started with dot-grid pages for flexible layouts and for doodling. I scattered some of my favorite math and education quotations through each book. And then I added several of my most flexible geometric coloring pages (loosely based on Islamic tessellation designs).
And I had so much fun I couldn't stop with just one. I hope you enjoy my Dot Grid Notebook with Coloring Pages series!
About the Author
As author of the popular blog Let's Play Math, Denise helps parents and teachers open their students' eyes to the variety and richness of mathematics. Her articles and books explore the adventure of learning math as a playful mental game.
- Publisher : Tabletop Academy Press (March 12, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 170 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1892083310
- ISBN-13 : 978-1892083319
- Item Weight : 8.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.39 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,866,326 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
About the author
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|