5 Year Fitness Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Inspire Fitness Ft2 Functional Trainer and Smith Station
|Price:||$4,495.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully Loaded Option: includes SCS Bench, leg extension attachment, and leg kit (required for leg extension attachment).
- Bearing System: Precision steel ball bearing system provides a smooth, maintenance free action.
- Weight Stacks: Two 150lb. commercial weight stacks with center drilled holes and magnetic weight pin for safety.
- Dual Independent Weight Stacks: The dual weight stacks allow you to work each side of the body independently for a more balanced workout
- Dimensions: 61" wide x 58" deep without bench; 61" wide x 89" deep with bench; minimum height 83"; maximum height 88".....NOT INCLUDED BUT OPTIONS AVAILABLE ARE: 200lb weight stack upgrade, preacher curl attachment, abdominal bar. (SHIPS IN A BOX, ASSEMBLY REQUIRED)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
In 2003, Inspire Fitness was born
Boasting over 100 years combined experience, we pride ourselves on being avid fitness people, creating unique products that are properly designed to fit the human body. We go above and beyond to ensure that you, as our customer, thoroughly enjoys our equipment.
Functional Trainer with a Built-In Smith Machine
The Inspire FT2 functional trainer allows you to have freedom of movement in any direction or plane while performing weight resistance exercises. These unrestricted exercises are designed to move the way your body naturally moves. Many of the freestanding exercises incorporate core, secondary, and stabilizing muscles, giving you a more efficient and thorough workout. The addition of the built-in Smith Machine enables you to take your squats to the next level while also strengthening both upper and lower body through presses, lunges, curls, and more.
- Unique design integrates Olympic bar and weight stacks, eliminating the need for Olympic weight plates
- Dual pulley system adjusts to 32 positions for unlimited functional training capability
- Innovative weight multiplier feature doubles maximum resistance to accommodate heavy lifters
- Pull-up bar is adjustable in height to accommodate low ceiling height
- Optional leg extension/leg curl attachment conveniently hooks up to weight stacks for a smooth, commercial feel
Dual Independent Weight Stacks
The dual weight stacks allow you to work each side of the body independently for a more balanced workout.
Optional Preacher Curl
Compatible with our optional SCS Bench, the preacher curl attachment uses the traditional preacher curl position, allowing you to focus on isolating your upper body.
Fully Loaded Option
Our 'Fully Loaded' option includes our SCS Bench, leg extension attachment, and leg conversion kit.
Optional Leg Extension
When used with our leg conversion kit and SCS Bench, the leg extension hooks up to the weight stacks, eliminating the need for Olympic weights.
IMPORTANT - NEED TO READ: You must provide a valid phone number, the freight company will not deliver these without a scheduled appointment and they need to call you to make the appointment. PROVIDING INCORRECT PHONE NUMBERS CAN RESULT IN: Late delivery, storage charges, or in some cases, they'll have to send the item back to us at the buyer’s expense CORRECT ADDRESS: You must provide the correct address, once these are shipped the freight company will charge a very expensive \"re-routing\" fee at the buyer’s expense if a wrong address is provided. Warranty: Residential - Limited Lifetime on frame and all parts. Light Commercial - Limited 10yr. on frame and all parts.
Color: Inspire FT2 (fully loaded)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. It goes up to 420 lbs (210 lbs in plates, with a "double weight" setting that works great). I should note I purchased the additional heavy stack which is why I mention 210 instead of their standard 150 lbs. My G7 only went to 150 or 160 lbs which wasn't enough for some of my exercises
2. It has a stationary bar for bench press, shoulder press, shoulder shrugs and triceps extension which is better than using the cables when you start to get to higher weights (the G7 has a bar but it's not connected to anything but the cable which causes it to move around)
3. It has an attachment (sold as an accessory) for leg extension and leg curl
4. It has more places to attach the hand grips than other functional trainers, such as directly over your head and on the floor between the stacks, which is useful for me because I'm tall
5. The FT2 isn't too tall or wide (some of the other functional trainers I looked at took up a much bigger footprint)
I have just two very minor complaints. They need to put more padding on the leg accessory shin pads because its not enough when lifting 180 lbs for leg extension (I've strapped $20 knee pads onto their pads which fixed the problem). The coating/fabric they use on the bottom of the bench supports comes off for no reason, which leaves a sticky residue on the floor and prevents the bench from sliding on hardwood floors.
*** Update 1 ***
I've owned it for over a year now and still think it's an awesome functional trainer. I'm in the best shape I've ever been. Here are a few additional thoughts:
1. Their leg strap is just a single loop with Velcro which is underwhelming, not nearly as nice as the one that came with my former G7 which is a full strap around the ankle (no Velcro) as well as a supporting strap under the foot so the strap doesn't move up your leg when doing leg curls (I ordered the strap from Life Fitness, which connects to the FT2). Here's a picture of the one for the G7: http://dhljhhhozcrik.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/1000x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/g/7/g7_25851_16.jpg
2. You can do leg presses (up to 420 lbs) by laying on the floor under the stationary bar and pushing it up with your feet, which they don't show in any of their materials
3. I developed back pain when doing leg curls using their stationary leg attachment (not the leg strap mentioned above), which I think is because the leg attachment sits higher than your back (when laying face down on the bench) which causes your back to hyperextend in the wrong direction). This is hard to explain and so imagine the person in the bottom of this picture was trying to leg curl 130 pounds -- it would put a lot of strain on the back: http://www.summitspinecare.com/assets/exercise_images/superman.jpg.
4. After about 9 months of owning the FT2, the bench's covering began to split and they sent me new bench pads (at no charge) which took about 10 minutes to install. It looks like the new material is higher quality than what came with the original FT2 and so I suspect they realized this was a problem.
*** Update 2 ***
I echo feedback from another review that at the time of purchase Inspire didn't have good documentation or an app to help understand all of the exercises. I've been using a great app (it's available on Apple's app store, but not sure about Android), "Fitness Buddy: 1700+ Exercise Workout Trainer" because it allows you to filter the exercises to only show those that use "machines." In their images they use a system very similar to the FT2 and so it's great to see how to utilize the FT2. You can also add some from the app's "Barbell" exercises due to FT2's bar.
It comes in boxes and if you have the time and medium skills you can do it on your own but will need an assisting buddy who is willing to help you. Else you can pay assembly fee and get it done professionally.
Before you install make sure you put some gym matts and have tjis erected on top of it. I missed doing that not that it ruins anything but can avoid being on top of your carpet directly. Also make sure you fix the place and know you wont move because disassembling and reassbling will be lot of time and effort.
Overall very good equipment in the last 2 years or so i have been regularly working out even in cold winters no excluse to drive just walk down the basement and workout at my convenience and time. Will keep you on track.
Comes with bench and leg extensions but if you are buying at a store try and get inspie version of preacher curl which is extra but, will come handy.
Full body workout set including strudy pullupbar.