Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals Paperback – April 6, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Lamb and Feta Meatballs with Tomato and Olive Sauce
Ground lamb is mixed with feta cheese and herbs to form tender, Greek-inspired meatballs in this easy dish. The meatballs and sauce cook simultaneously, making dinner extra fast.
- Serves 6 to 8 / Prep time: 10 minutes / Pressure time: 8 minutes / Total time: 30 minutes / Pressure level: High / Release: Quick
- Calories: 384; Total Carbohydrates: 17g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Trans Fat: 0g; Fiber: 3g; Protein 38g; Sodium 904mg
1. In a large bowl, combine the lamb, egg, breadcrumbs, feta, parsley, mint, water, half of the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into 1-inch balls.
2. Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Sauté.
3. Once hot, add the oil followed by the onion and bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes and add the remaining minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute more.
4. Stir in the crushed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Add the meatballs and carefully spoon the sauce over them. Secure the lid.
5. Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
6. Once cooking is complete, use a quick release. Check a meatball to make sure it’s cooked through. Serve with the sauce topped with olives (if using), and a sprinkle of feta and parsley.
Instant Pot tip:
You can use the Stew function for this dish. Adjust the timer to 8 minutes and proceed with the recipe as written.
- 1½ pounds ground lamb.
- 1 egg, beaten.
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs.
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus extra for garnish.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint.
- 1 tablespoon water.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sauce.
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for sauce.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with juice.
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato sauce.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- ⅓ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives (optional).
"There has been a lot of commentary about "Instant Pot" books lately, about the many unauthorized uses of the name, and the many free e-books...and some resulting food waste...There have been a couple of books published with permission, and there are some high quality print cookbooks soon to be available, after many long months/years in development. Here is one!" ―Donna Haney, Social Media and Affiliate Coordinator, Instant Pot®
About the Author
Laurel Randolph is a Los Angeles-based food writer and recipe developer who has contributed food articles to Paste Magazine, Wise Bread, and Serious Eats. In her free time, you can usually find her browsing a farmers’ market, eating tacos or Vietnamese food, or cooking up a storm at home.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 67%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
This is an 'official' Instant Pot cookbook and a very good one. I was warned that unless there is a picture of a real IP on the cover (copyright) it is not sanctioned by Instant Pot - this one is an official cookbook but it's so much more than just recipes. I usually purchase my books for Kindle (and there is an e-book version) but this one I bought in soft-back. For the price, under $10, it is definitely a must buy.
This cookbook has everything you need to know to use your Instant Pot. The beginning of the book is an introduction to the Instant Pot, to pressure cooking and how to care for your pot. Even though a lot of this information may be found in the Instant Pot manual, the manual (which comes with the IP) is in 2 languages and, I think, is difficult to read.
The middle of the book has recipes. Some recipes are more involved but many are recipes for cooking basic things (like Chicken Wings) which a newbie like me wanted to learn. Even after cooking for the better part of 45 years, figuring out the settings and times for cooking in the IP makes me feel like a novice. I made the chicken wings this weekend and, from frozen, were fast and delicious. There are recipes for soups, meats, and desserts.
The end of the book has the cooking charts for meats, veggies and grains. The index makes it easy to find exactly what you are looking for (like those wings). I highly recommend this book, it has been the best purchase I made since getting my Instant Pot.
*If my review has helped you make a decision, please give me a 'thumbs up' and select Yes, this review was helpful, thanks!*