Instant Pot IP-LUX50 v2 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6-In-1 multi-functional cooker (pressure cooker, sauté/browning, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer & warmer). Large, easy to use control panel
- 10 built-in smart programs: meat/stew, sauté, poultry, soup, bean/chili, congee, steam, multigrain, rice and slow cook with 3 adjustable modes
- 10 proven safety mechanisms: UL & ULC certified. Safe; latest 3rd generation technology; convenient and dependable
- Delay cooking timer: up to 24-hour; Automatic keep-warm; Manual setting: up to 120 minute cook time; 3 temperatures for sauté/browning and slow cook
- 5Qt 3-ply stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steaming rack
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Created for Fast-Paced, Health-Oriented and Green-Conscious Lifestyles
Instant Pot IP-LUX series is a smart electric pressure cooker designed by Canadians with the objectives of being Safe, Convenient and Dependable. Instant Pot is a kitchen partner that works with you and for you.
Why Instant Pot is Better?
- Easy to Use and Clean.
- Extensive Safety Mechanisms Throughout the Cooker.
- Best-in-Class Customer Service and Support.
- Strong Fan Base and Online Community.
Convenient, as Simple as Pressing a Button
With your Instant Pot, green peas, sweet corn and baby carrots can be steamed in 4 - 7 minutes, fresh or frozen. To make mashed potatoes, you don't have to boil the potatoes in water and let nutrients leach into the water, simply steam them in Instant Pot for just 15 minutes. An entree of chili or Irish stew can now be done within an hour without you watching over it.
To tailor for various cooking results and lifestyles, Instant Pot is programmed with adjustable cooking modes, up to 24 hours of delayed cooking, and automatic keep warm for up to 10 hours. Most traditional, modern, and international recipes can easily be adapted for Instant Pot.
Don't forget to visit our official website and join our Instant Pot online community, where users access cooking tips, recipes, share ideas and obtain the latest news on Instant Pot.
Elegant Durable Design, Dependable Consistent Cooking Results
The Instant Pot's elegant and durable industrial design makes it easy to clean and pleasurable to use for years to come. The stainless steel inner pot and lid are both dishwasher safe while the cooker base can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth.
When the cooker is in operation, its microprocessor monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time, adjusts heating intensity and duration, and even adjusts cooking time based on the volume of food in the cooker. All cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times for consistency and optimal cooking results.
Note: The inner pot is made of 18/8 food grade 304 stainless steel. The outer pot is made of steel (not stainless) coated with heat resistant paint.
More About Instant Pot:
- Best-in-class customer service with a team of dedicated, friendly and responsive support staff.
- 3-ply Food Grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel cooking pot for durability and safety.
- Low profile 18/8 stainless steel steam rack with handles to lower and lift food into and out of the cooking pot.
- Pressure cooking recipe booklet and suggested cooking time tables are included.
Safety Without Compromise
Instant Pot is carefully designed with all models passing stringent UL and ULC certifications, giving users uncompromised safety and peace of mind. Instant Pot protects users with the following 10 proven safety mechanisms:
- Safety Lid Lock prevents accidental opening while cooker is pressurized.
- Pressure Regulator ensures working pressure is under the safety limit of 15.23 psi.
- Leaky Lid Smart Detection (eg. steam release is at open position).
- Anti-Blockage Vent prevents food debris from blocking the vent.
- Magnetic Sensor for Lid Position Detection monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe zone for pressure cooking.
- Automatic Pressure Control keeps pressure in a safe range.
- Excess Pressure Protection releases excess pressure into internal chamber in the event of a dangerous situation.
- Automatic Temperature Control regulates temperatures based on the type of program selected.
- High Temperature Monitoring prevents food from burning.
- Fuse Cuts Off Power when electrical current or temperature exceeds safety limits.
|Bluetooth Wireless Connection. Free Apps for Recipe Writing and Sharing||✓|
|Microprocessor Controlled Programs. Thermal, Pressure, and Lid Position Sensors||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pressure Cooking||High Pressure Only (10.2 - 11.6 psi)||High Pressure Only (10.2 - 11.6 psi)||High Pressure (10.2 - 11.6 psi) AND Low Pressure (5.8 - 7.2 psi)||High Pressure (10.2 - 11.6 psi) AND Low Pressure (5.8 - 7.2 psi)||High Pressure (10.2 - 11.6 psi) AND Low Pressure (5.8 - 7.2 psi)||High Pressure (10.2 - 11.6 psi) AND Low Pressure (5.8 - 7.2 psi)|
|Slow Cooker: 0.5 - 20 hours at 3 Temperatures||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Saute: up to 30 minutes at 3 Temperatures||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Keep Warm||Automatic Keep Warm: up to 10 hours. Manual Keep Warm up to 10 hours.||Automatic Keep Warm: up to 10 hours. Manual Keep Warm up to 10 hours.||Automatic Keep Warm: up to 10 hours. Manual Keep Warm: up to 99 hours and 50 minutes.||Automatic Keep Warm: up to 10 hours. Manual Keep Warm: up to 99 hours and 50 minutes.||Automatic Keep Warm: up to 10 hours. Manual Keep Warm: up to 99 hours and 50 minutes.||Automatic Keep Warm: up to 10 hours. Manual Keep Warm: up to 99 hours and 50 minutes. 3 Temperature Choices.|
|Yogurt Maker: Fermentation up to 99.5 hours at 2 Temperatures. Pasteurizing Milk||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pot Size and Heating Element Power||5 Quart / 900W||6 Quart / 1000W||5 Quart / 900W||6 Quart / 1000W||8 Quart / 1200W||6 Quart / 1000W|
|Lid Fin Holders on Base, Condensation Collector and Cord Rack, Double Anti-Block Shield||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-In Smart Programs||10||10||14||14||14||14 + Many Downloadable Recipe Programs in Instant Pot App|
Instant pot is the next generation electric pressure cooker designed by Canadians specifically for north American consumers. It speeds up cooking by 2~~6 times using up to 70% less energy, and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion. Instant pot ip-lux50 is a 6-in-1 programmable cooker combining the functions of a pressure cooker, sauté/browning, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and warmer. The latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor greatly improve cooking result, maintain consistence and enhance safety. Your favorite dishes are within the reach of pressing a button with 10 built-in programs and 3 adjustable modes. 3 temperatures in sauté for browning or thickening, and 3 temperatures in slow cook to complete the tasks of a common slow cooker. It also works as a perfect porridge maker allowing you wake up with a fresh made porridge. Instant pot cuts the cooking time and energy consumption by up to 70%. It also preserves the nutrition and flavors in natural ingredients. Instant pot produces almost no noise nor steam, and is truly a kitchen-friendly appliance. The stainless steel inner pot leaves no health concerns of non-stick coating residual. The brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print proof. Instant pot is the must-have cooking appliance in your fast-paced, health-oriented and green-conscious life style. Instructions, recipe and cooking time table in English, Spanish, French and Chinese are included.
Top Customer Reviews
I cannot say enough about the Instant Pot. My wife and I owned another unit from a different company, but it's pot was made of aluminum (tied to Alzheimer's issues) and had a non-stick coating on it besides. We wanted a stainless steel pot to avoid all this...enter Instant Pot.
This unit works awesome, and we are fully qualified to say so. Not only do we have an "Amazon Verified Purchase" label on our review, but we use the Instant Pot 4-5x a week, literally. Probably 7-8x if you count making baked/sweet potatoes for lunches too. (Just a note...always look for "Amazon Verified Purchase" on reviews, and if you don't see it, take the review with a grain of salt. Very few reviews of the Instant Pot were negative, and almost all of them didn't buy the unit, so their reviews are nonsense.)
My wife and I have chosen to make almost all of our dinners with the Instant Pot...it is easy to clean, easy to use, and requires virtually NO oversight. It is inexpensive to use as well...when using your stove and/or oven, you will notice a marked increase in the temperature of your kitchen, and with the oven, it will be very noticeable indeed. The Instant Pot doesn't do this because it operates in a sealed environment, thus using far less energy as well. Because you can saute in this newest model, you can do almost all the cooking in this one pot, thus making cleanup far easier, as the inner stainless steel pot (but NOT the unit or it's lid) are dishwasher safe. Also, once one is accustomed to using this unit, you can bring it with you on trips, and use it to cook food in a hotel room or a friend's house.Read more ›
I have owned 8 different pressure cookers over the years, including an earlier version of the Instant Pot as well as the now-ancient oval (90 degree insert inside, pull up, turn back and clip-lock) lid with weight back in Europe in the 70's.
This, so far, is the best pressure cooker I have yet seen.
It functions as a slow cooker, as an above-average quality rice cooker and -let's not forget- a really good pressure cooker.
Disclaimer: we do still use our trusted Zojirushi rice cooker when a lot of things are cooking at the same time (and as far as stand-alone rice cookers go, Zojirushi makes the best, btw.)
Back to the pressure cooker... Some of the software limitations of the previous Instant Pot were fixed (namely, having to push the button for each and every minute, with only a 60 minute maximum timer - that was maddening). This control panel lets you click&hold and very quickly fly through the times, up until 120 minutes. It does fly through 0, so you can go up or down the shortest path to your desired time.
Pluses of this particular pressure cooker:
Much, much, MUCH more convenient to use than the "manual" type pressure cookers where you have to stand by until you hear the pressure has built up, then start the counter, then turn it off when it is done. This thing does everything on it's own. Put the food in, set the desired cooking time, press start. Leave for work, come home and it is done (with stand-by heat so as to avoid spoilage).
Quality, pretty thick stainless steel pot (stay away from coated pots, aluminum pots, etc.Read more ›
1. As a regular pressure cooker, it is much better than the conventional stove-top one. Very easy to use. Seals very well, no food smells before you open the lid. Turn off automatically, so if you forget and leave the house before it is done, there will be no explosion.
2. As a pressure rice cooker, this cooker is better than my $150 regular rice cooker. The white rice coming out of this cooker definitely is stickier than that from the regular cooker. It tastes as if you mixed sticky sweet rice into regular white rice. If anyone has tried the $450 Japanese pressure rice cooker (Zojirushi Induction Heating Pressure rice cooker), I still want to know if there is a difference (if there are people willing to spend $450 on a rice cooker, there must be a good reason.).
I would have given this cooker 5 stars if I had not found out the following:
The white rice cooked by this cooker looks grey. It seems that there is something coming off the stainless steel pot. You would not notice it unless you cook something white, like white rice. I have no prior experience on stainless steel pots. I am not sure if the problem is universal to all stainless steel pots.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Everyone needs to get one of these...Seriously. I read all the reviews and thought that nothing could really be as great as all those people said it was. I was so wrong. Read morePublished 7 hours ago by Holly Newstead
This pot can do a lot, in fact sometimes it seems a bit too powerful. Chicken thighs on the bone? In 30 minutes the meat is separated from the bone as if it had slow cooked all... Read morePublished 14 hours ago by Thomas McGilchrist
Really like this electric pressure cooker.. I dont cook a lot but this makes it pretty easy... this and "pinterest"Published 15 hours ago by Paula B
Mulled over getting this or not. Did a facebook post and asked friends. It was my most popular thread. Read morePublished 1 day ago by MN
The best thing since the crock pot! I've made beef broccoli and Mongolian beef in less than 15mins with this item. Highly recommend!Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
My husband bought me one for Christmas last year. For the most part I love it but once in awhile it refuses to come to pressure. Read morePublished 1 day ago by mee mee