Instant Pot DUO50 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, 5 Quart/900W
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Duo 5 Quart, the number 1 selling multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Marker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support your busy lifestyle
- Features 14 Smart Programs - Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook. Now, your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply bottom for even heat distribution, fully sealed environment traps the flavours, nutrients and aromas within the food
- Built with the latest 3rd generation technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve your desired results every time
- UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms to provide you with added assurance, designed to eliminate many common errors
- Accessories include, stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, condensation collector and recipe booklet
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Replaces 7 Common Kitchen Appliances in 1
Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, preparing healthy, tasty dishes up to 70% faster.
Easy One Touch Controls
Simple as pressing a button.
Consistent Results, 3rd Generation Technology
Built-in microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, adjusts heat intensity and duration to prepare healthy, tasty dishes.
300+ Recipes, Getting Started Videos, Favourite Recipe List, Personalized Grocery List and more.
Dual Pressure Settings
For fast and flexible cooking. Cooking with high pressure reduces cooking time by up to 70% and cooking with low pressure avoids overcooking delicate foods.
Adjustable Temperature Settings
Less, Normal and More - 3 temperatures in 'Saute' for searing, simmering or thickening and 3 temperatures in 'Slow Cook' to provide greater flexibility.
Stainless Steel Cooking Pot, Steam Rack & Lid
Healthy, food grade 304 (18/8) - no chemical coatings with inner pot markings at 1/2 and 2/3 for pressure cooking safety. The cooking pot, lid and steam rack are dishwasher safe.
Brushed stainless steel, finger print resistant, with lid holder for left and right handed users, removable cord.
UL & ULC certification.
Instant Pot has been designed with 10 safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Safety Without Compromise
Has Been Carefully Designed to Eliminate Many Common Errors which may Cause Harm.
- 1. Pressure Regulator, ensures working pressure below the safety limit
- 2. Anti-Blockage Vent, prevents food debris from blocking the vent
- 3. Safety Lid Lock, prevents accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized
- 4. Designed with a sensor for lid position detection, monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe position for pressure cooking
- 5. Automatic temperature control, regulates temperature based on the type of program being selected
- 6. High Temperature monitoring, avoids burning food
- 7. Automatic Pressure Controller, keeps pressure always in the safe range
- 8. Electrical current and temperature fuse cuts off power if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits
- 9. Excess Pressure Protection, releases excess pressure into internal chamber in a dangerous situation
- 10. Smart detection of leaky lid (e.g. steam release is in the open position)
|Lux V3 6Qt||Duo Mini 3 Qt||Duo 6Qt, 8Qt||Duo Plus 6Qt||Smart Bluetooth 6Qt||Ultra 6Qt|
|6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||9-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker||10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker|
|Smart Built-In Programs (microprocessor technology)||10||11||14||14||14||16|
|Pot Size , Heating Element Power, Voltage and Display||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LED||3 Quart / 700W / 120V~60Hz / LED||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LED 8 Quart / 1200W / 120V~60Hz / LED||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LCD||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LCD||6 Quart / 1000W / 120V~60Hz / LCD|
|Control Type||Button||Button||Button||Button||Button and through Smartphone or tablet||Dial and Button|
|Pressure Cooking Time||Up to 4 hours||Up to 6 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 2 hours||Up to 6 hours|
|Safety (UL/ULC certified)||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||10 Safety Features||11 Safety Features. 11th feature - Steam Release Auto Reset|
Compare to similar items
Instant Pot is a smart Electric Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians aiming to be Safe, Convenient and Dependable. It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times using up to 70% less energy and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion. Instant Pot Duo 5 Quart is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker, it replaces 7 kitchen appliances as it has the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker & warmer. 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize & Jiu Niang) cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button. A 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you serve it. Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. It traps all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns associated with non-stick coatings. The slim body design has lid holders for both left and right handed users. The brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print resistant. Its elegant and durable design makes it easy to clean and pleasurable to use for the years to come. Instant Pot Duo 5 Quart uses the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor, which monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time and adjusts heating intensity. The cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times for optimal effect. These greatly improve cooking result and maintain consistence. Instant Pot is carefully designed to eliminate many common errors that could cause harm or spoil food. It passed the stringent UL certification giving you uncompromised safety and peace of mind and protects you with 10 proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
Top customer reviews
My only beef is that the tempered glass lid is not included, it's optional at nearly 20.00. I use the pot mostly as a slow cooker and it's worked very well so far. I have recomended it to my friends.
The first thing I tried was a baked potato. I make them twice-baked, and it typically takes between 90-120 minutes in a 375 or 400 degree oven to get them soft enough to whip up with the other ingredients. Whole dinners have been delayed because I didn't start the potato in time. With the Instant Pot, I can steam the potato soft enough to whip with butter in under half an hour. The next things I tried were various stews, and I appreciated that the Instant Pot has saute, pressure cooking, and slow cooking capabilities, which I can use alternately for different parts of the stewing process. With the Instant pot I made my best boeuf bourguignon to date, and I look forward to making coq au vin the next time I can get some really lean, tough stewing chickens.
The recipe that finally made me a convert was risotto. I've made a lot of risotto over the years, and got used to the fact that no matter how slowly I add the liquid, or how often I stir it, I could never quite get the right texture. I wasn't sure if the Instant Pot would do any better, but I figured it probably wouldn't do any worse. I put the ingredients in and timed it according to a recipe I found online. When it was done, I opened the lid with trepidation and found... perfectly textured risotto. "You know how my risotto is always crap?" I asked rhetorically as I put the dish down on the table. "This looks like what you get in a restaurant." So are the restaurants using pressure cookers to get those results, is that their dirty secret? And how is it that something traditionally cooked very, very slowly with excessive labor is made even better by a few minutes at high pressure? I have no idea, but I can't argue with the results.
One day I might even get around to making yogurt. Or jiu niang, which I'm ashamed to admit I had never heard of before reading about it in the Instant Pot manual. It sounds really good. But even if I never make either of those things, the time I save making twice-baked potatoes, the versatility of its stewing functions, and the ability to finally put perfect risotto on the table make this an essential appliance for me. Can it make good rice, too? It's worth a try, because over the years I've never gotten much better at making it on the stovetop. This is turning into a whole series of commercials.